Bray v Athlone 19:45
    Cobh v Longford 19:45
    Galway v Cork 19:45
    Waterford v Treaty 19:45

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Bohemians v Drogs is a chance for Bohs to separate themselves from the fight at mid bottom of the table but a victory for Drogs would draw them level on points going into the break.
    Dundalk v Pats even without the sideshow of SOD saga is an important one for both teams, Dundalk are in the title fight now and Pats at home is the kind of match that someone with aspirations to win the league should be targeting to win.
    For some reason i expect Harps to get something in Derry given the run Derry are on and Rovers who entertain Damien Duffs Shelbourne on a run of 4 wins will be grateful for any help from our Donegal friends.

The clash of Galway and Cork is the standout match in the first division with a chance for Galway to go 6 points clear of Cork.....wouldn't John Caulfield love that

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Dundalk to beat Pats (relatively easily) which puts them 6 clear with a game in hand. Didn’t see that gap appearing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    Again, so many storylines to watch out for. It seems the framing of every teams season changes week on week (apart from maybe Rovers and UCD).

Massive game for Dundalk. I wouldnt be super over-hyped for us. Really, there is a run of games that we should expect to win from (apart from Derry away). Harder games next in Pats, Sligo and Rovers. Although, 2 of those 3 are at home. If our run continued through those games, only then would I consider us as possible contender. On a similar note, Dundalk and Derry win tonight, the top three will have very much so separated from the middle of the pack.

It would be great for the league in terms of interest at the top if Rovers lost tonight to Shels. It would close the gap at first obvisously, while adding a real possibilty for Shels and Europe (although itmight be the year that the cup winner doesnt come from the top 3). But that is more wishful thinking than expectations.

If Drogheda gets a result vs Bohs, it would add a huge amount of pressure on Long, but that will be unlikely, Drogs are poor away from home. Harps really can't let Drogheda extend their lead on them any further.

Galway and Cork is probably the biggest game in the first for a long time. Two professional outfits from two large cities? Hopefully it dosent diasapoint.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    346 Posts
    I’ll be shocked if we take anything tbh,can see the top 3 all winning and do we trust Sligo and Bohs to win when favourites? I wouldn’t be sure….

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    140 Posts
    we will not beat galway. we've been shocking for weeks now. i could see both managers being happy with a draw though, neither will be going gung-ho for the win thats for sure.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Will the sacking the manager bounce continue for Sligo at The Bowl, not so sure. The Students were OK against Shels last week 1st half, pen was soft as hell, and then conceded to a Harps style ball straight after the break, which is sort of ironic given we've been playing like Harps since Ian Ryan left! Anyway we live in hope for an unlikely three points, maybe bogging the ball long will work against Sligo, although we are so predictable a manager with his underage badges could set up to defend against us these days. Would be really nice to see us try and play through teams, god forbid !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Wow, TOD on RTE news saying 5000 people expected at Gakway v Cork tonight. Things are on the up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joey B View Post
    I’ll be shocked if we take anything tbh,can see the top 3 all winning and do we trust Sligo and Bohs to win when favourites? I wouldn’t be sure….
    Shocked but not impossible it seems so far. Short lived lead but right now Dundalk top two...never expected to be anywhere near even this stage!

Intriguing 1st half in Oriel, Dundalk probably deserving the lead but good moments from St Pats, Owalabi the main danger with pace and strength. Maybe should have had a penalty, but hard to see unless a Pats fan. Impressed with Pats high press, I dare say that time on the ball is almost European tie like, quick ball ;round the corner, switch of play needed and it didnt look like we would get to grips early doors but then lifted out own game and got a good goal. A Hoban header looked like it was sailing in but drifted off. Quality game in general imo.

*congrats to Bellurgan for the SFAI u15 win, beating a club of St Kevin's stature on a national level is no mean feat for a small local Dundalk club by comparison.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 27/05/2022 at 7:38 PM.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    During that brief spell Derry were losing to Harps, it meant UCD had taken twice as many points from the last six games as Derry had.

This league is weird

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Huge crowd at Terryland. Galway have had the better chances. One cleared off the line. Wareru put a free header from a yard out wide of the post. Not sure how it didn't go in. They had a penalty shout right at the end of the half.

City have had a lot of the ball and a good number of set pieces but haven't tested the keeper, aside from Matt Healys newest goalnof the season contender. The loi stream clip of it doesn't do it justice. Hoping for a better quality version over the weekend.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Shocked but not impossible it seems so far. Short lived lead but right now Dundalk top two...never expected to be anywhere near even this stage!

Intriguing 1st half in Oriel, Dundalk probably deserving the lead but good moments from St Pats, Owalabi the main danger with pace and strength. Maybe should have had a penalty, but hard to see unless a Pats fan. Impressed with Pats high press, I dare say that time on the ball is almost European tie like, quick ball ;round the corner, switch of play needed and it didnt look like we would get to grips early doors but then lifted out own game and got a good goal. A Hoban header looked like it was sailing in but drifted off. Quality game in general imo.
    Nothing in the game at all from my point of view. Ian Bermingham unlucky for the goal, Hobans chance had the keeper beaten I think. Hard to say with the penalty, initially I wasn’t even sure it was inside the box. I thought Eoin Doyle maybe should have looked to go across the goal with his early chance. All to play for anyway, we’re certainly not out of it. Would like to see Tunde get a proper run on the Dundalk defence.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Referee knocked out in Belfield now. Being stretchered off.

Never seen that before

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Jesus, how did that happen?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyD View Post
    Nothing in the game at all from my point of view. Ian Bermingham unlucky for the goal, Hobans chance had the keeper beaten I think. Hard to say with the penalty, initially I wasn’t even sure it was inside the box. I thought Eoin Doyle maybe should have looked to go across the goal with his early chance. All to play for anyway, we’re certainly not out of it. Would like to see Tunde get a proper run on the Dundalk defence.
    Sheppard is very quick out, sweeper like, as a full run at our centrebacks would cause mayhem, they'd be skinned. Think Pats could really get at us with the keeper always off his line, worth lifting a shot, ball over the top if backs push up at all. I can see a straight red for a professional foul between the keeper and centreback pairing. But we're tidy going forward too so yeah all to play for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    What has happened to Derry??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Sheppard is very quick out, sweeper like, as a full run at our centrebacks would cause mayhem, they'd be skinned. Think Pats could really get at us with the keeper always off his line, worth lifting a shot, ball over the top if backs push up at all. I can see a straight red for a professional foul between the keeper and centreback pairing. But we're tidy going forward too so yeah all to play for.
    Premature taking Tunde off I thought. Mark Doyle doesn’t convince me at all. Darragh Burns might cause a few problems though.
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Jesus, how did that happen?
    Took a pass full in the face from two yards.

I think he's just dazed, but he was getting treatment for about five minutes so he must have really felt it

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Now one of our players is out cold after a clash with the keeper.

Play on says the sub ref...

Edit - yep, he's being subbed off after the keeper took him out outside the box, and it's a hop hall. I don't think "He got the ball" quite goes this far
    Last edited by pineapple stu; 27/05/2022 at 8:30 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,213 Posts
    Just the ten minutes added so

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast