Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 32

Thread: GUST mobile retail unit

  1. #1
    Banned
    Joined
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Galway
    Posts
    896
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    120
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

    Thumbs up GUST mobile retail unit

    Great to see a premiership club marketing its season ticket and merchandise offerings to the christmas market in the major shopping centres in Galway in association and alongside the Supporters Trust. I believe around 3k taken this evening alone. Not to mention the fact and impact this type of visible presence has on new immigrants into the community.

  2. #2
    Seasoned Pro Conor H's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Terryland Park
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    We had a successful night tonight yes and hopefully tomorrow will be more of the same.

    All this money goes to the club aswell as the E3000(increasing to E4000)a month from GUST.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

    Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

  3. #3
    First Team Gareth's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    So simple the idea, so powerful the results.

    Little things make big differences. If only all the clubs awoke to this fact.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

  4. #4
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,976
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Galway fans, lately, seem to be getting confused with which is the EL forum and which is the Galway forum. Are ye looking to be congratulated for every little thing ye do?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.


  5. #5
    Seasoned Pro Conor H's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Terryland Park
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Galway fans, lately, seem to be getting confused with which is the EL forum and which is the Galway forum. Are ye looking to be congratulated for every little thing ye do?
    Sligoman it's clear you're upset that we might get a bit of praise for doing a good job.We are promoting LOI football in a sense by promoting our own club.Geezer is just letting people know how we got on not looking for a "oh ye're brillaint".

    To make you feel better sligo are absoloutely brillaint.Ye're Trust is incredible,best Supporters Trust in Ireland.Well done Sligo...Keep up the Good work!!!
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

    Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

  6. #6
    First Team Gareth's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    There is a certain level of interclub dislike, that at a certain level (ie management and promotion of the legaue) should not exist. Galway did something that generated revenue. We can all see this as a working example and attempt it? Imagine if all the clubs had this going about the country. We increase our exposure to the masses. Every little helps.
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

  7. #7
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,976
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    There is a certain level of interclub dislike, that at a certain level (ie management and promotion of the legaue) should not exist. Galway did something that generated revenue. We can all see this as a working example and attempt it? Imagine if all the clubs had this going about the country. We increase our exposure to the masses. Every little helps.
    They're selling season tickets in a shopping centre ffs, give them all medals...
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.


  8. #8
    Banned dcfcsteve's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    How dare we look to share good ideas between clubs.....

  9. #9
    First Team Gareth's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,962
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    2
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    35
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    They are selling season tickets in a shopping centre....and making money from it. Then they told us, as maybe we could do likewise. If it was Bohs or someone not known to be your "local" rivals, would you be so unimpressed
    For all your League of Ireland news - www.extratime.ie

  10. #10
    Seasoned Pro Conor H's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Terryland Park
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    They're selling season tickets in a shopping centre ffs, give them all medals...
    hmm.
    Season Tickets............they're kind of important ya know.Over the E2700 we took in tonight over E2000 was season ticket Sales.That's E2000 that wouldn't have been made and given as Cash to the club tonight had we not been there.
    We also sold
    -Jersey's
    -Lotto
    -Season Party Tickets
    -Cups
    -Pens
    -GUST Membership
    -Hats
    -Jackets
    -Kits etc.

    We're not looking for a meadl Sligoman but i would consider that a good feat by any set of supporters and the negative attitude from another LOI fan is dissapointing to say the least.
    Then again that's your unbiased opinion cause you don't hate Galway at all.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

    Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

  11. #11
    First Team sonofstan's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Phibsborough
    Posts
    1,355
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    Galway fans, lately, seem to be getting confused with which is the EL forum and which is the Galway forum. Are ye looking to be congratulated for every little thing ye do?
    it's vertigo
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

  12. #12
    Seasoned Pro Conor H's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Terryland Park
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gareth View Post
    They are selling season tickets in a shopping centre....and making money from it. Then they told us, as maybe we could do likewise. If it was Bohs or someone not known to be your "local" rivals, would you be so unimpressed
    Any bets he says he doesn't consider us rivals?
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

    Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

  13. #13
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,976
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H View Post
    Any bets he says he doesn't consider us rivals?
    It's the majority of yer fans I consider rivals. Purely for the reason that ye go on about how great ye are the whole time. I never disliked Galway til I joined foot.ie...I wonder why?
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.


  14. #14
    Banned dcfcsteve's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H View Post
    hmm.
    Season Tickets............they're kind of important ya know.Over the E2700 we took in tonight over E2000 was season ticket Sales.That's E2000 that wouldn't have been made and given as Cash to the club tonight had we not been there.
    We also sold
    -Jersey's
    -Lotto
    -Season Party Tickets
    -Cups
    -Pens
    -GUST Membership
    -Hats
    -Jackets
    -Kits etc.

    We're not looking for a meadl Sligoman but i would consider that a good feat by any set of supporters and the negative attitude from another LOI fan is dissapointing to say the least.
    Then again that's your unbiased opinion cause you don't hate Galway at all.
    This is such a ridiculously simple idea that it's embarassing that all clubs aren't doing it.

    A 2 week stall in a town/area's major shopping centre before Christmas is almost certainly going to make money and help spread the word. Think of all the GUFC Christmas presents being lined-up purely as a result of this initiative.

    Bohs should be doing it in the Phibsboro shopping centre, Rovers in The Square, City in the Foyleside (although we have just opened a new City centre shop), Harps in McElhinneys etc etc etc. Let's hope we see this being copied next year.

  15. #15
    Seasoned Pro Conor H's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Terryland Park
    Posts
    3,045
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman View Post
    It's the majority of yer fans I consider rivals. Purely for the reason that ye go on about how great ye are the whole time. I never disliked Galway til I joined foot.ie...I wonder why?
    You saw that we could read and write?
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

    Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

  16. #16
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,976
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Conor H View Post
    You saw that we could read and write?
    <insert hilarious laugh>

    Yeah, that was it!
    Life without Rovers, it makes no sense...it's a heartache...nothing but a fools game. S.R.F.C.


  17. #17
    First Team Student Mullet's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    This is such a ridiculously simple idea that it's embarassing that all clubs aren't doing it.
    We transfered out gear from The Shack in Belfield Park to the Students' Union shop in the Library building for the close season. Sorry for not opening a thread on it.

    Maybe that's why UCD and Galway are considered the two best run clubs in Ireland.

  18. #18
    Banned dcfcsteve's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    We transfered out gear from The Shack in Belfield Park to the Students' Union shop in the Library building for the close season. Sorry for not opening a thread on it.
    Did you shift over €2,700 worth of stock in one evening ? Do you even have that value of stock in total.....?

    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    Maybe that's why UCD and Galway are considered the two best run clubs in Ireland.
    The 2 best run clubs in ireland ?!?!? Says who outside of Belfield and Terryland...?

  19. #19
    First Team Student Mullet's Avatar
    Joined
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,141
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    Did you shift over 2,700 worth of stock in one evening ? Do you even have that value of stock in total.....?
    I'd say we just about have that value of stock. I only raise it because I wasn't previously aware that we should open a thread here every time we set up a stall somewhere.

    Quote Originally Posted by dcfcsteve View Post
    The 2 best run clubs in ireland ?!?!? Says who outside of Belfield and Terryland...?
    Says out friends in the Independent Assessment Group. You might be sorry to hear that your club is officially 0.8% worse run than mine.

  20. #20
    Banned dcfcsteve's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2004
    Location
    London
    Posts
    6,345
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    6
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    74
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Student Mullet View Post
    Says out friends in the Independent Assessment Group. You might be sorry to hear that your club is officially 0.8% worse run than mine.
    Gutted. That'll probably be why we finished joint-top on points, have 2 trophies and are in setanta and Europe next season then.

    Well done on keeping an accurate record of your double-figure attendances, and for giving the jacks a lick of paint once a year.....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Garda Traffic Unit
    By eamoss in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 15/07/2005, 8:46 AM
  2. G-Unit
    By GreenBoy in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 03/07/2005, 7:39 AM
  3. Damien Duff to Join Manche$tr Unitd
    By Pablo in forum Ireland
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09/05/2002, 2:05 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •