Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: FAI support Rovers for Tallaght

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts

FAI support Rovers for Tallaght

At long bleedin' last. Bring it on bigots...

KOH

www.shamrockrovers.ie

14 Dec 2006. The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has today fully supported Shamrock Rovers’ position in the on-going saga over the stalled Tallaght Stadium project.

The Association has also pledged financial assistance for the Hoops’ High Court battle involving GAA club Thomas Davis, who are seeking a Judicial Review of the South Dublin County Councils decision last February to proceed with the completion of the Stadium in Tallaght as a football only facility. Today the High Court determined that the hearing of the case would take place on March 16th next, delaying the project by at least a further three months. This will mean that the Stadium construction will have been stalled by this legal case for at least 13 months.

“We want to see Shamrock Rovers playing in the Tallaght Community Stadium – and as soon as possible. We have been working hard behind the scenes with the various stakeholders over the past two years to see Tallaght completed for soccer in the area,” says FAI Chief Executive, John Delaney.

“This week, the Board of the Association pledged significant funds to the club in order to aid them in the most practical manner as they continue to pursue the goal of completion of Tallaght. These funds will be offset against the legal fees Rovers face as the High Court case continues. Obviously, we wish the club every success in this matter.”

Shamrock Rovers’ Chairman, Jonathan Roche, welcomed the FAI’s commitment to the Tallaght Stadium project and its funding of the club’s legal fees.

“To have such full and public support of the FAI behind us means that Irish football is united on this issue,” says Roche. “And that support is most welcome. It’s quite clear that there is a concerted effort to prolong the process as much as possible in order to prevent our senior team joining the rest of the club in Tallaght. But it won’t succeed.”
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Why is a statement from the FAI chief executive not on the FAI website?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohDiddley View Post
    Why is a statement from the FAI chief executive not on the FAI website?
    Website is out of petrol

'Bout time they took a stand on something.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Sure he only ound out who you were when you got promoted...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bout time indeed! fair dues to fai on this one, instead of just posturing on the issue, there pledging financial support, which show there not gonna be bullied by the gaa on this one...

this gets me thinking.. with all the announcements comeing out of the fai in the last week or so, including the statement on the dundalk saga, albeit a bit late as it was, could it be that the fai are finally getting their own house in order, and being serious about domestic soccer?? granted its early days, but theres been a lot of positive noises outta merrion square over the past few weeks, ragarding player contracts, the managers forum, increased prize funds and the appointment of promotions officers, could it be that we have in fact turned a new leaf??? dont get me wrong theres a hell of a long way to go, and a few positive noises dosent make up for a half century of neglect... but all the same i cant help feeling a bit more positive about the future of irish football than i have in a long long time.
    arent we all just magic little monkeys...

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts

Fekrs

Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    14 Dec 2006. The Football Association of Ireland (FAI) has today fully supported Shamrock Rovers’ position in the on-going saga over the stalled Tallaght Stadium project.

The Association has also pledged financial assistance for the Hoops’ High Court battle involving GAA club Thomas Davis, who are seeking a Judicial Review of the South Dublin County Councils decision last February to proceed with the completion of the Stadium in Tallaght as a football only facility. Today the High Court determined that the hearing of the case would take place on March 16th next, delaying the project by at least a further three months. This will mean that the Stadium construction will have been stalled by this legal case for at least 13 months.

“We want to see Shamrock Rovers playing in the Tallaght Community Stadium – and as soon as possible. We have been working hard behind the scenes with the various stakeholders over the past two years to see Tallaght completed for soccer in the area,” says FAI Chief Executive, John Delaney.

“This week, the Board of the Association pledged significant funds to the club in order to aid them in the most practical manner as they continue to pursue the goal of completion of Tallaght. These funds will be offset against the legal fees Rovers face as the High Court case continues. Obviously, we wish the club every success in this matter.”

Shamrock Rovers’ Chairman, Jonathan Roche, welcomed the FAI’s commitment to the Tallaght Stadium project and its funding of the club’s legal fees.

“To have such full and public support of the FAI behind us means that Irish football is united on this issue,” says Roche. “And that support is most welcome. It’s quite clear that there is a concerted effort to prolong the process as much as possible in order to prevent our senior team joining the rest of the club in Tallaght. But it won’t succeed.”
    This situation makes me so angry.
    Can't play soccer on their pitches, then when somebody builds one they want in on it.

Been following this one from the start.

If i met any of the towats i'd probably feel like shaking them or something.

I mite hate yee rovers scum but i hate the gaa scum more!!!

Don't give in.

Tell them to go play with themselves...

Not in court though... that would be a bad idea... trust me!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by monkey magic View Post
    bout time indeed! fair dues to fai on this one, instead of just posturing on the issue, there pledging financial support, which show there not gonna be bullied by the gaa on this one...

this gets me thinking.. with all the announcements comeing out of the fai in the last week or so, including the statement on the dundalk saga, albeit a bit late as it was, could it be that the fai are finally getting their own house in order, and being serious about domestic soccer?? granted its early days, but theres been a lot of positive noises outta merrion square over the past few weeks, ragarding player contracts, the managers forum, increased prize funds and the appointment of promotions officers, could it be that we have in fact turned a new leaf??? dont get me wrong theres a hell of a long way to go, and a few positive noises dosent make up for a half century of neglect... but all the same i cant help feeling a bit more positive about the future of irish football than i have in a long long time.
    Maybe lunatics with cans of petrol do some good after all
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    bout time

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Should the FAI not help all clubs equally??? Refusing one club a licence while backing another in this manner just seems a bit hypocrytical in my eyes!
    Sitting pretty!!!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    The FAI only got control of the league. It would have been ultravires for them to go commenting about the case before that. Good to see them backing Rovers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    The FAI only got control of the league. It would have been ultravires for them to go commenting about the case before that. Good to see them backing Rovers.
    Are you for real? They control football in Ireland and absolutely had the authority to comment. In fact they did, just in wishy washy Delaney ********...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red View Post
    Should the FAI not help all clubs equally??? Refusing one club a licence while backing another in this manner just seems a bit hypocrytical in my eyes!
    Should that not read - Refusing one club a licence while granting Shels one is a bit hypocritical in my eyes?

KOH
    No One Likes Us, We Don't Care

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Drumcondra Red: the FAI are backing an SDCC plan to build a community football stadium in Tallaght that will offer opportunities for football on all levels within the game and throughout the country. Problem?
    I pity Limerick, but the simple fact is that their club is currently beyond redemption. Their fans should group together, demand that Danny Drew surrender his ownership of the club to them, and allow the general body of fans to sort out that mess. Those guys are all that the club has going for it, and I can only hope that they have the wherewithal and balls to organise themselves.

International Prospect DmanDmythDledge's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Fair play to the FAI on this. About time they stood up and did something about the situation.
    Ye I was thinking the same myself. Hopefully they will bring Ollie down a peg or two as well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra Red View Post
    Rovers have a ground to play in. May not be theirs but they have one. Kilkenny have offered Limerick to ground share with them, which would sort out part of the problem if accepted.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts

Was thinking the same meself MM !

Fair play to the FAI on this issue, and on their cast-iron response on the Dundalk affair. Long may their new found competence and interest in the domestic game continue....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    No way Philly. The FAI's stated raison d'etre is the development of football in Ireland at all levels. How could taking an interest and active involvement in an issue like this therefore be anythign close to 'ultra vires' ??

When was the last time a sporting organisation fell foul of the principle anyway ? Antrim GAA's tacit endorsement and physical facilitation of the recent Hunger Strike commemorations was clearly Ultra Vires, and they're part of a publically-aided body...!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    After all the fines we had to pay this season in reality any financial backing we get from the FAI is just a return of our own money..... being serious this is an excellent move by the FAI as it will make Thomas Davis realise that it's not just Rovers they are taking on but the Fai

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts
    Why dont they show the same sort of backing to Limerick ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Terry View Post
    Why dont they show the same sort of backing to Limerick ?
    It's like a big happy family. You can argue, fight, bitch about each other and call each other any number of names under the sun. But if somebody comes in from outside and starts abusing a family member, then it's circle the wagons time!
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well Rovers previous board never got FAI support - and rightly so they were interested in land, profit and housing development. I wonder why they wont back the current Limerick board

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast