Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Mick McCarthy - The Facts

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Mick McCarthy - The Facts

First of all let us put to bed ONE(of many) big stonking outrageous blatant McCarthy LIE...once and for all.That is....the misconception that he took "little Ireland" from 54th to 13th in the world?That's absolutely hillarious you gullible McCarthyite creatures.The facts are as follows.When the Yorkshire pudding took over the job...we were 25th in the world....he then proceeded to drag us down to 29th,35th,42nd,48th and finally 54th.So if any of you are giving him praise for the 13th place...you must also acknowledge the fact that he brought us down 29 places in the course of his managerial reign.....and was very very lucky that the FAI didn't give him the sack earlier.
    McCarthy's been at the helm for 4 campaigns.....he failed in 2....and succeded in 1.In the 4th we are currently rock bottom of our group...and if he had stayed any longer then we would have absolutely no chance of qualifying...so it would be dismal failure number 3 out of 4 for the Basil Fawlty of the managerial world.

Face facts..McCarthy was/is inept,incompetent/out of his depth.

There are so many McCarthy blunders...tactical or otherwise..it's simply untrue.

Here's a select few.

1.Telling Denis Irwin to go and prove himelf at the age of 33.
    2.Playing Duff out of position upfront EVERY GAME(to accomodate his mate Kilbane)....and consistently picking the WRONG team.....ie,KIlbane,Harte,Gary Kelly etc etc.I mean he dropped the PFA right back of the year...Steve Finnan for the opening world cup game...for the Leeds UTD reserve Gary hasbeen Kelly......his reasoning???Kells has looked sharp in training!!!
    3.Prostituting himself unashamedly for the Sunderland job...then left with egg on his big chin.....when snubbed for Sgt Wilko.
    4.Saying that off the field events may be overshadowing preperations for the Swiss game.This coming from the clown...that serialises his world cup diary 3 days before the game......consents to his mate Cathal Dervan writing an article 2 days before the game...stating he's ready and willing to take the Sunderland job...if and when the call comes.He also announces on the eve of the game that.... he's quitting no matter what come 2004.Simply astounding!
    5.Playing Denis Irwin as centre half during world cup 98 qualifiers.
    6.Playing Keane as Sweeper.
    7.Playing Ian Harte at centre half during same campaign.
    8.Failing to notice that the Spaniards had only 10 men during extra time during the 2nd round world cup game.Furthermore he threw on his mate Dave Connolly instead of Clinton Morrison.
    9.For saying the team didnt practise penalties...because its a waste of time.......yeah...like Tiger Woods doesn't practise holing out from 5 feet and under....because its a waste of time.Anyhow guess who missed penalties?his two mates Kilbane&Connolly...and Mattie(the invisible man) i don't wanna join Aston Villa...coz i've got ambitions of playing in Nationwide Div 2 next season Holland.
    10.For rewarding Jason McAteer...a guy who feigned fitness during the world cup....with the captaincy on his 50th cap.
    11.We concede 2 goals in the last 15 minutes against Holland..for a 2-2 draw...and ambitionless McCarthy hails it a heroic and magnificant draw.Meanwhile Keane snarls and rightly says...it's 2 points dropped.
    12.He allowed the players to go on the booze all throughout the world cup...coz it "allows players to bond".According to Niall Quinns book...they were out until 7.00am after one of the games.
    McCarthy also took the entire team to a barbeque(glorified ****up)...in Saipan with the Irish press.....to keep the Irish press he supposedly despises....in his own words.... "onside"!!
    13.McCarthy also cost us qualification for euro 2000 with his defense obsessed tactics.ie Macedonia...where we were 1-0 up and murdering them.Guess what BASIL does?he takes off the winger(Kennedy) and a striker(Quinn)...and brings on a fullback and defensive midfielder...thus inviting them onto us....inevitable result?A last minute equaliser...bye bye euro 2000.
    14.He has not gone to watch John O'Shea once this season......but he did make time to go and watch 33 year old Jeff Kenna......unbelievable!
    15.Let's look at his tactics in the Russian game?
    With ten minutes to go....he takes off the left winger(Kilbane)...brings on a centre half(Babb)...and then comes up with the masterstroke of...putting the left fullback(Harte)on the left wing.....and the centre half(Babb)at left back.Result?Babb scores an og....4-2...game over
    16.In the Switzerland game....he yet again starts with Duff(2 goals,50 caps)..out of position up front.....but after 20 minutes withdraws his mate Kilbane and puts on Morrison.Needless to say we equalise...but then...he throws on Doherty up front...withdraws Harte....and they score from the exposed leftback spot.........seeing as we have no left back!He says he took a gamble to try and win it.....well if for once in his life...he realises he's wrong yet again.He then switches Duff to the wing...and puts Kilbane up front!!!!!!...but after 60 minutes and 1-0 down...and with his backside firmly in the bacon slicer...he had played his best team from the kickoff...we wouldnt have been trailing against a very medicore Swiss side(62nd in the world).
    Number 17 brings me onto the Keane thing.He said 3 weeks ago in Ireland that Ireland are a better team without him.Basically he was implying that he is a bigger and more important/influential cog in the wheel than Roy.
    However the facts don't back this up.

Keanes last 10 games for Ireland(includes 4 games against Holland&Portugal)....amount to...Won 7,Drew 3,Lost 0.

McCarthys last 7 competitive games in charge without Keane = won 1,drew 3,lost 3.The one win...was against who???yeah you guessed it...that world superpower of football..known as...Saudi Arabia.Do even.. you blinkered(pro McCarthy/anti Keane) people even in your heart of hearts believe that we would have qualified without Keane...with the above facts????We qualified not because of McCarthy but DESPITE him.
    Anyhow i could go on all night.....well done Mick...master tactician that you undoubtedly are...we salute you.

Anyhow just to say...i really really do hope that Mick gets a top job in the premiership(which i doubt)....because I will then go down to my local bookmakers...and put the kitchen sink on that club being relegated within one season!

PS.Rumour has it...there's a warrant out for McCarthys arrest in Ireland.
    Apparently it's for.......
    Crimes against football.

Goodbye Mick....good luck....and most of all....good riddence!

PPS.Those of us that are footballing people...should always remember to keep the Keane thing...SEPERATE from McCarthys managerial inadequecies.If you have the two issues overlapping(ie.saying that McCarthy had to go....in order to bring back Keane)then you give gutter journalists such as Cathal Dervan and his apologist mates in the english(scum/anti Irish)media....the perfect excuse to write/talk about this nonsense.McCarthy is like a fish out of water at this level...and he can readily be ripped apart from A-Z without even mentioning Keane.If you do this....then his apologists....simply cannot argue with the facts/reality....can they?McCarthy wasn't sacked to bring back Keane....he was sacked because he's a very very poor manager.Anyhow put it this way...if it's a choice between having Mick&Roy together...or no Mick and no Roy...then i choose the latter EVERY TIME.Anyhow could you have imagined Keane coming back under McCarthy???He would have been coming back to save McCarthys job.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Can't argue much with that.... but now McCarthy's gone!

And Keane... is as good as gone, he ain't coming back!

So let's move on without them both!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Mick McCarthy(yorkshire pudding)-THE FACTS....

Originally posted by georgie_vest
    Anyhow put it this way...if it's a choice between having Mick&Roy together...or no Mick and no Roy...then i choose the latter EVERY TIME.
    Thats your prerogative. Give me an average manager over a traitor any day.

KEANE OUT

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Mick McCarthy(yorkshire pudding)-THE FACTS....

Originally posted by Éanna

KEANE OUT
    So Keane is a traitor for walking out on the Irish team during the Holiday in Saipan? what does that make McCarthy now? aren't we in the middle of a campaign?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by The Legend
    Can't argue much with that.... but now McCarthy's gone!

And Keane... is as good as gone, he ain't coming back!

So let's move on without them both!
    exactly, show on the raod and all that
    "I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    774 Posts
    Keane is no traitor - unless standing for what u believe in is now recognised as being a traitor - I always maintain like Keane or Hate Keane, and opinion is fairly divided, the easy thing for keane would have been to keep his mouth shut and not rock the boat.

as for McCarthy well - if honesty and effort were required he would be the best manager in the world unfortunately the catalogue of errors throughout his managerial reign shows him to be the opposite. And that is a pity because he was our best ever captain.

brine2
    18. Bollocking a 19 year old striker at half time for only scoring a hat trick in the first half.
    19. Taking off a striker after 20 minutes against Andorra and sticking a centreback up front.
    20. Resting players against Croatia so they'd be fit to play Malta.
    21. Playing for a 1-0 loss in Zagreb.
    22. Dragging Paul McGrath out on the town.
    23. A West Ham reserve player getting the nod ahead of two Champions League defenders.
    24. Ignoring Ian Harte's "please drop me!" body language during the 2002 World Cup.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    25. Putting up with crap from the team captain for years

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What crap would that be?

the fact that the FAI was a shambles and Mick being the manager was in a position to help make things right for the players! His Players His Team His Tactics!!!!! The Republic of Mick McCarthy.

You feckin' idiot, get rid of your obvious hatred for Keane and use a bit of logical thinking into the spectacular points that georgie_vest has shown you. The fact is that you already knew all these McCarthy **** ups you just choose to ignore them.

LAUGHABLE!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by The Chief
    You feckin' idiot, get rid of your obvious hatred for Keane and use a bit of logical thinking into the spectacular points that georgie_vest has shown you. The fact is that you already knew all these McCarthy **** ups you just choose to ignore them.
    go on away yea muppet. if you read any of my posts you´d see that I was no mccarthy fan. Obvious hatred of Keane? You bet! I can´t stick him. He had a chance to make some good points and he ****ed up by behaving like a 12 year old

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: Re: Mick McCarthy(yorkshire pudding)-THE FACTS....

Originally posted by Éanna

KEANE OUT
    I for one think that Keane took a very brave stand, albeit at a horribly inopportune time. I cannot consider him a traitor when all he tried to do was to get Irish football to clean up its act. Keane it must be remembered took a stand which his principles simply wouldn't allow him NOT to make. If he now decides to return to the Irish team, I look forward to it; if not, then the best of luck to him.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Eanna you didn't answer my querie. . .
    what crap would that be?

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Eanna you didn't answer my querie. . .
    what crap would that be?
    apologies for that- how about prima donna behaviour, missing friendlies, getting sent off against russia, the demand that he room on his own (team spirit me arse)

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Prima Donna Behaviour:
    Questionable, seems to be a matter of opinion but we wont get into that.

Missing friendlies:
    I am glad he missed friendlies at least he wouldn't pick up needless injuries for the important games, he didn't need to prove himself to the manager, friendlies are for trying out players. I cringed when I saw him on the pitch against Nigeria just before the World Cup I was convinced he would get injured.

Sendings Off:
    Happen all the time. Getting sent off once for Ireland isn't a crime, very weak point!! Is Gary Kelly a Prima Donna and a traitor?

Rooming on his Own:
    Whats the problem? He obviously dosen't need to go on drinking benders with the boys or get up to antics to improve his morale and team morale and therefore improve his performance on the pitch. I think in the last campaign we done quite well with Keane's influence, one or two players could learn from his pre match focus.

Éanna, very very weak. The mind of a two year old. Can you not come up with something more objective than calling Keane a traitor? You are only upsetting yourself!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Éanna, very very weak. The mind of a two year old.
    Two-year olds have tantrums and storm out- sounds like you´re confusing me with Keane