Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: James Brown D Ross County b 1998

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts

James Brown D Ross County b 1998

Played the full 90 minutes for Blackburn today, a few months after moving from Drogheda.

That was an unexpected transfer at the time; might be an unexpected one to keep an eye on

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    What kind of a player is he?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,215 Posts
    Right-full per the team formations on livescore/soccerway.

I don't really know much about him except that he signed a six-month contract with Blackburn in (LoI) pre-season, which was a bit unexpected - in particular because he's 24 next month, which is relatively late for such a move. The view in the LoI forum here was - well, why not go for it if it's offered, but it was a bit of a surprise.

Soccerway says he's made the bench a few times since Jan, but this was his debut. Probably helped that it was a dead rubber. Not sure what's next for him as he's out of contract now (well, fairly sure he is anyway). Maybe it's an indication he's going to get a new deal; maybe it's a way of giving him some publicity to help him find a new club.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    Right-full per the team formations on livescore/soccerway.

I don't really know much about him except that he signed a six-month contract with Blackburn in (LoI) pre-season, which was a bit unexpected - in particular because he's 24 next month, which is relatively late for such a move. The view in the LoI forum here was - well, why not go for it if it's offered, but it was a bit of a surprise.

Soccerway says he's made the bench a few times since Jan, but this was his debut. Probably helped that it was a dead rubber. Not sure what's next for him as he's out of contract now (well, fairly sure he is anyway). Maybe it's an indication he's going to get a new deal; maybe it's a way of giving him some publicity to help him find a new club.
    They gave him a new contract a few months ago so he will be there next season

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    716 Posts
    So it sounds like they might have been taking a good look at him in a proper game.

I'm just reading through the match thread on the Blackburn forum: https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/3...7522/#comments

I see one guy selecting Brown in a prematch XI "building for next season". There are suggestions that the squad is thin, so there may only be one right back ahead of him.

More quotes, "Starting youngsters, Vale, Brown, etc, might get some hunger on the pitch." "Delighted that Brown is starting and we see what's he is all about." Someone else suggested that this might be next year's team: maybe there's some turnover expected?

Then during/post match.

• "Seems to be doing ok, bit shakey for first 5 mins but settled down" "quietly efficient,looks comfortable" "Looked a bit shaky for me but I missed the first 10-15 minutes... want to see a bit more from him." "Brown a bit better than OK" "Brown has had his hands full with Hernandez and Bacuna, but looking okay."
    • "Brown reminds me a little bit of Lucas Neil. Stocky, tough."
    • "Brown has been left for dead twice - he has no pace, unfortunately.""Personally think Brown has done really well.. First game in a league that is way above the one he was last playing in"
    • "Wouldn't want Brown as a regular Right back but rather have him than JRC if we're short. "
    • "I’ve seen many worse debuts than Brown’s,"
    • "Not gonna lie, James Brown looked handy enough. What JRC was doing starting above him sums Mowbray’s 5 years up in terms of his decisions."
    • "I would like to see James Brown more in the first team squad next season "
    • "Thought he had a good game Brown needs 1 ore 2 more first team appearances to show his true potential. "
    • "Brown made two schoolboy errors where he let the opposition in. He'll be 24 when next season starts, so while he's hardly in his prime, he's hardly a spring chicken that has time and space to learn. He might be a reasonable squad player for us at this level, but he's no game changer from what I saw."
    • "Brown was better than I expected. Not the quickest but he's a better backup option than JRC."

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    558 Posts
    Interesting snap of the mood music.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    So it sounds like they might have been taking a good look at him in a proper game.

I'm just reading through the match thread on the Blackburn forum: https://www.brfcs.com/forums/topic/3...7522/#comments

I see one guy selecting Brown in a prematch XI "building for next season". There are suggestions that the squad is thin, so there may only be one right back ahead of him.

More quotes, "Starting youngsters, Vale, Brown, etc, might get some hunger on the pitch." "Delighted that Brown is starting and we see what's he is all about." Someone else suggested that this might be next year's team: maybe there's some turnover expected?

Then during/post match.

• "Seems to be doing ok, bit shakey for first 5 mins but settled down" "quietly efficient,looks comfortable" "Looked a bit shaky for me but I missed the first 10-15 minutes... want to see a bit more from him." "Brown a bit better than OK" "Brown has had his hands full with Hernandez and Bacuna, but looking okay."
    • "Brown reminds me a little bit of Lucas Neil. Stocky, tough."
    • "Brown has been left for dead twice - he has no pace, unfortunately.""Personally think Brown has done really well.. First game in a league that is way above the one he was last playing in"
    • "Wouldn't want Brown as a regular Right back but rather have him than JRC if we're short. "
    • "I’ve seen many worse debuts than Brown’s,"
    • "Not gonna lie, James Brown looked handy enough. What JRC was doing starting above him sums Mowbray’s 5 years up in terms of his decisions."
    • "I would like to see James Brown more in the first team squad next season "
    • "Thought he had a good game Brown needs 1 ore 2 more first team appearances to show his true potential. "
    • "Brown made two schoolboy errors where he let the opposition in. He'll be 24 when next season starts, so while he's hardly in his prime, he's hardly a spring chicken that has time and space to learn. He might be a reasonable squad player for us at this level, but he's no game changer from what I saw."
    • "Brown was better than I expected. Not the quickest but he's a better backup option than JRC."
    Interesting comments. Any time I saw him for drogheda pace seemed to be an asset of his. Its likely a reflection of the general speed of the Championship versus the league here. He seemed to be very attack minded at drogheda so maybe needs to develop that defensive side. Remember when Coleman was turned into a right sided midfield er when he moved because they were concerned about his defensive ability to play right back despite playing there all the time for sligo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    I feel good about his prospects next season. It’s a huge step up to the Championship from the LOI and he’s made an appearance (where it seems he’s acquitted himself fairly well) and, also, was promoted to the first team squad (and even game day squads) from early on which I think are all good signs as to his prospects. Hopefully he can help Blackburn get up.

10. Thanks From:

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    853 Posts
    Its not just about helping Blackburn get on up, he has to stay on the scene.
    Stephen Kenny Saviour, Leader, Winner, An Autobiography - In All Good Bookstores Now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,629 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CraftyToePoke View Post
    Its not just about helping Blackburn get on up, he has to stay on the scene.
    has failed to stay on the scene and has been shuffled off to Stockport County in League 2. Hopefully he'll do well and will be able to get up offa that thing next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,306 Posts
    Signed for Ross County last week, was named as a substitute against Stranraer today in the League Cup
    https://www.rosscountyfootballclub.c...s-the-staggies
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook