Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Worst Ref Ever

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Angry Worst Ref Ever

Not for sending George off - it was ythe fourth official who did that, but for his game in general.

I have never seen such obvious bias - this wasn't just incompetence.

That's all I can say for now on that....but Trever and Damo had better talk about it on Monday night.

Greg should never be dropped again....he ran more than even Benno normally does to cover ground when City were down to 10 men..

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

well

i thought the ref was terrible but i think Georgie deserved to be sent off as he did stamp on Hawkins. I thought cork were pure crap. O'Callaghan has a temper and i think he is a liability to the team. Mulligan and O'Flynn up front. we had no structure at all. terrible and it was a fairly skilless match. shocking stuff!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What game were you at.......?

Sounds like a Sky armchair fan at your first "live" game.

What game were you at.

This game had everything. Goals, atmosphere, red / yellow cards, controversial referee, shots against the woodwork, though performances by our boys ( yes I know some of them played poorly - but $hi* happens ).
    Wake up and appreciate what you got.

This was one of the best adverts for home football in a long time. Better than a lot of the cra* we see week in week out on Sky.

Don't be a cynic just because it might be the "thing" to do.

NOTE:
    However Goerge will now automatically miss Monday's game - new UEFA rule.
    Irish by birth,
    Cork by the grace of God.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    can't agree about the ref.

thought he did well considering he had so much abuse unfairly thrown at him.

he was right about every yellow card. apparently the red was for a stamp. george o'callaghan got himself sent off. don't blame the fourth official.

it was a tough game to handle and he did well.

Neil

At the risk of being called a "Sky armchair fan at my first "live" game"!

Originally posted by Counting Crow
    Sounds like a Sky armchair fan at your first "live" game.
    What game were you at.
    I was at the same game as eoinh to be honest with ya!

This game had everything. Goals, atmosphere, red / yellow cards, controversial referee, shots against the woodwork, though performances by our boys ( yes I know some of them played poorly - but $hi* happens ).
    Sh!t happens??? Sounds like something Liam Murphy would say.

This game DID had everything, along with lack of organisation, amazing tactics, lack of plan A (not to mention plan B, C or D), players in wrong positions AND yes, all those good things you mentioned.

Maybe I'm stuck in a mind-set regarding Liam Murphy, but I honestly feel we could be unstoppable with a new man at the helm. I have spoken to people who shoud have no reason to dislike Liam Murphy and who know a lot about football and they would agree with most of the above.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I'm not arguing with any of your comments re Murphy.

The problem I have is Eoinhincork's comments:
    "Cork were pure crap"
    "fairly skillless match"
    "shocking stuff"

This is something you hear from the Sky stereotypes. He was obviously just passing through on his way to the planet Zog.......!

What's he comparing it to?

I was rivited throughout the game - and so were most of the crowd around me. Sure we complained when thre was a misplaced pass but we had plenty of oportunities to cheer also. That's what football is all about.

Sure some of the tactics were "questionable"........understatement.
    But the guys on the pitch burst a gut last night.

JO'F - What a performance, he ran his legs off.
    Greg - was really up for it
    Mick - kept up the stabdard we now expect of him
    Murray - MotM for me. Giant in defence in the second half

Some of the football ( by both sides was brilliant to watch ( no doubt helped on by the fact we have a pitch you could play snooker on ).

I'll say it again............
    The lights, the atmosphere, goals, controversy, and best of all we're still in the hunt. It was yet another great night at "The Cross" this season.
    Irish by birth,

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Too true.
    Irish by birth,

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

I'll say it again............
    The lights, the atmosphere, goals, controversy, and best of all we're still in the hunt. It was yet another great night at "The Cross" this season.
    none of the above make for a skilfull match or an orgainised team.
    What kind of team layout do we have? O'callaghan (who has plenty of ability and skill but is lazy) is playing totally out of position. Murphy has him playing behind our front ONE. JOF is up front on his own. Thats crazy. O'Callaghan also has a temper and it manifested itself last night with a needless sending off.
    We probably have in the clubs history the best squad of players ever. this is being let go to waste. last night we were constantly giving the ball away to bohs and hoofing it up field. i honestly believe we were luvky to hang on for a point. we should be doing much better!

P.S. i dont have sky sports and i've been watching cork since you were in nappies

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Ref
    can't agree about the ref.

thought he did well considering he had so much abuse unfairly thrown at him.

he was right about every yellow card. apparently the red was for a stamp. george o'callaghan got himself sent off. don't blame the fourth official.

it was a tough game to handle and he did well.
    thats the biggest load of bull**** i ever heard !
    what about both big nose and rotherford(sp)both should have got straight reds for pushing more than one player after the whistle has gone. if nt a red defo a yellow and then rotherford should have been given a second yellow for abusing the ref for not giving the most obvious peno ive ever seen
    soccer isn't a matter of life or death its more important than that!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Am i the only one who thought the ref actually let the game flow & didn't blow for every niggly foul?

The 4th official was the one that basically sent George off but from wher i was i did see him him stam his foot & where he connected or not was just asking to get sent off.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Neil
    Originally posted by eoinh

none of the above make for a skilfull match or an orgainised team.

We probably have in the clubs history the best squad of players ever. this is being let go to waste. last night we were constantly giving the ball away to bohs and hoofing it up field. i honestly believe we were luvky to hang on for a point. we should be doing much better!

P.S. i dont have sky sports and i've been watching cork since you were in nappies
    You're spot on there Eoin. We can't be satisfied with a good oul crowd, some controversy and a sending-off to keep us amused. I for one want to see Cork City play football and have a structure to their play rather than the rubbish on display on Friday night. We need a proper manager.

The inferiority complex has been there since the days of Noel O'Mahoney when the Deccie hoofed the ball to Bannon and we put 'em under pressure. And a fumbled goal to give us a 1-0 win was a job well done!

With the players we have now and the attention that is on CCFC at the moment we HAVE to make more of an effort to play good ball and use the qualities of Flynny, Goerge, Rennie, Hoggy etc to their full potential. If we don't we are doing ourselves a disservice.

Off ya go Liam.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Am i the only one who thought the ref actually let the game flow & didn't blow for every niggly foul?

The 4th official was the one that basically sent George off but from wher i was i did see him him stam his foot & where he connected or not was just asking to get sent off.
    I wouldn't think he is the worst ref ever, after seeing O'Neill in the corresponding fixture in Dalymount.

I half agree with you pete. He did try to let the game flow, and G O'C should have got on with the game instead of acting like W*nker Molloy. There is a bit too much lip, moaning and whinging from Georgie.

However, some of the ref decisions/non-decisions were difficult to take. How Hawkins went through the game without even a booking is unbelieveable, you'd swear the shagger was a little angel. In the first half, the ref was running towards the little kefuffle involving McNally, George and Hawkins when McNally twice pushed G O'C and clipped him in the face and the ref saw this and did nothing.
    The corner he awarded Bohs near the end was incredible as Devine clearly left it as it was going wide, and even though Rutherfords dive was a disgrace it was Superkeeper he had words with for protesting to MR, yet said nothing to MR even though Rutherford jumped up, chased after him and almost attacked him.
    I know the pool of refs is small, and most come from Dublin but surely we do not have to have a Dublin ref for games involving Dub teams??
    Then again, O'Neil is from Waterford and he is the worst in the country......

It's time for refs to get paid at least €250 per game, and then it might attract more people willing to do it for the money !!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by oddboy
    I wouldn't think he is the worst ref ever, after seeing O'Neill in the corresponding fixture in Dalymount.
    True, Han****s performance the other night was no-where near as bad as any performance I've seen from O'Neill.
    There is no point in blaming the ref as he gave bad decisions against both teams. The only person to blame is our sorry excuse for a manager- he picks the team, the tactics and makes the changes. Friday nights tactics and team selection summed up Murphys reign in charge and yet again showed he is not management material. He has got to go.

To be honest, I think people are being a bit hard on Georgie. He lost his temper, big deal! The Bohs players had been hassling him and trying to wind him up since the start, someone said to me just 5 mins into the game that they were out to get him sent off. Give the guy a break, he has a bit of a temper but so does Roy Keane and people actually admire him for it. I'm really getting sick of people knocking Georgie, he has already scored more goals than our top scorer for the whole of last season did and he has set up plenty more. I really cant see what the guy is doing wrong.
    Champions!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by COLM
    True, Han****s performance the other night was no-where near as bad as any performance I've seen from O'Neill.
    LOL
    I can't believe the refs name got censored!
    Champions!

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by COLM

To be honest, I think people are being a bit hard on Georgie. He lost his temper, big deal! The Bohs players had been hassling him and trying to wind him up since the start, someone said to me just 5 mins into the game that they were out to get him sent off. Give the guy a break, he has a bit of a temper but so does Roy Keane and people actually admire him for it. I'm really getting sick of people knocking Georgie, he has already scored more goals than our top scorer for the whole of last season did and he has set up plenty more. I really cant see what the guy is doing wrong.
    He is not doing a lot wrong Colm. I said to my buddy about 15 mins into the game that he was not going to last until the end.
    He was being hassled a lot, and though it does not make it ok, he should expect it, particularly from the likes of Hawkins.
    He also brings himself to the attention of the refs by doing a lot of moaning, and with the standard of the refs in this league, the less you have to do with them the better.
    George is an intelligent lad, so he should use his brain and not his mouth.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by scottyshedender
    When a guy says "CORK WERE PURE CRAP" its something a dub would say dont ya think!
    No-one from Dublin would say "pure crap". That's a culchie expression if ever I heard one!
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It was a difficult game to ref. When Bohs fans were saying that the ref must have been a Cork fan fan and City saying he was in Bohs pocket...it says a lot about his performance.

City couldn't pass a ball to one of their own for a lot of the match and they only started playing once they scored. One thing I did think was that JOF played better than he has done in recent games.

Neil
    Originally posted by niamh
    One thing I did think was that JOF played better than he has done in recent games.
    He's an absolute gem. The work he did across the frontline was amazing, chasing everything and especially when GOC was sent off. He deserved that one off the crossbar in the first half to go in.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Cracking effort alright. Could have been goal of the season.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Having seen the GOC sending off on Chorus in the Horseshoe last night i've changed my mind - can't see why George would even get a yellow card as he did absolutely nothing wrong.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast