Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Newbridge Stadium?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

Newbridge Stadium?

Ok, i know that this is going to be the Kildare GAA stadium (23,000 capacity for those who dont know) but i read in a comment somewhere on eleven-a-side this....

Good to see that Kildare County F.C. will share the new stadium at Citygate in Newbridge Town.

Good to see that the GAA and soccer can co-exist in County Kildare, unlike the situation in Tallaght.

Well done.

Now i would not imagine this to be true, but is it???

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    It would be nice, but I haven't seen or heard anything about KCFC sharing it. I did see where some guy posted on eleven-a-side.com, but he didn't source his information and at this point I would say it's untrue.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    The Kildare stadium was just announced today really in the local press. 23000 all seater in Newbridge's Old Connell area. Within walking distance of town centre.

Why would we leave NTFC though? A 23,000 seater stadium might be a tad too much for us.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    In all fairness Philly, we couldnt do much worse attendance-wise............

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    That rubbish on eleven-a-side is most likely from a Thomas Davis GAA Klub member. Ignore.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Who's he now?

Hey. If they get any council help we will take them to court demanding that we are allowed to play there too, just like those Tallaght GAA ****faces. I mean gentlemen.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post
    In all fairness Philly, we couldnt do much worse attendance-wise............
    Yes interested in getting a Street Team up and running for next season?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ah ye allright, but Jamie may have to help me ut a fair bit, with the JC this year it wont be easy!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kildare Lad View Post
    Ah ye allright, but Jamie may have to help me ut a fair bit, with the JC this year it wont be easy!
    Ah man. It's the JC. Hanging up a few posters and spamming KFM won't wreck your Junior Cert. As you may know the whole thing got wrecked by a small few idiots last time so it will only be a few of us this time around - concentrating on Newbridge and Naas mainly. I think that the dip in attendance since the plug was pulled on it shows that it made a difference. I'm not saying that it will fill the place but at least people will know when games are on.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    After doing a bit of research:

The new stadium will be modelled around Swansea's Liberty Stadium It will be 2U - Shaped" . See images of that here: http://images.google.ie/images?hl=en...=Search+Images .

It will hold 25,000. However, the County Board are considering installing just 5,000 seats.

It will cost approx €25-30 million to build. The County Board will be making around that sum from the sale of the current site, which could well become a White Water number Two.

It is expected that the stadium will take just two years to construct once planning permission is granted.

No mention of us getting into the thing though so I'd say it is total rubbish.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Ye id imagine it is total rubbish too, but as you said, would we not be able to bring it to the courts and appeal for us to play there too? I mean a stadium that size in kildare......wow!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    I can't see those in the board being as petty as the GAA heads in Tallaght man. I'm pretty happy that they aren't the sort.

I just read that KCFC got a €200,000 grant for ground improvements at the beginning of this year. What happened with that?

I know an extra toilet was built but...

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its a wind up methinks.

Strange though that they are only putting in 5,000 seats and terracing the rest but most of it will also be covered. Would look a far nicer joob all seater IMO.

Would be gas though if KCFC took the GAA to court so they could use the stadium. If the GAA win the case in Tallaght. I would imagine KCFC would have good enough reason to go for it though and win if the GAA win out their case.

Improved facilites could improve the current attendances............or maybe not.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philly View Post
    I can't see those in the board being as petty as the GAA heads in Tallaght man. I'm pretty happy that they aren't the sort.

I just read that KCFC got a €200,000 grant for ground improvements at the beginning of this year. What happened with that?

I know an extra toilet was built but...

New Stand maybe?. Where did you read that Philly?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    €200,000 wouldn't get you a new stand though...

It was the end of last year.

http://archives.tcm.ie/irishexaminer...y348415189.asp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yeah, what happened to plans of a 1,100 seater stand on the far side of the current ground?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Still have planning permission anyway.... Though that might expire soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Kildare plan county ground switch

The Kildare county board has outlined plans to move its county ground to a new purpose built 23,000-capacity stadium.

The Lilywhites will move from St Conleth's Park to a new venue with state-of-the-art dressing rooms, car park and a training pitch.

There are provisional plans for 5,800 seats, a 12,000-capacity covered terrace and an uncovered terrace, however the number of seats may even be increased.

A presentation on the new complex took place at the Hotel Kadeen in Newbridge on Tuesday night.

The horseshoe shaped design is based on the Liberty Stadium in Swansea, Wales, which is home to the Ospreys rugby team and soccer outfit Swansea City.

A site will be handed over to Kildare chiefs free of charge under the Newbridge Development plan. It will be located within the new Citygate development at Old Connell, is on the Naas side of Newbridge.

The Liberty Stadium cost STG27 million to build and the new Kildare ground is estimated to be ready for use in two years time.

St Conleth's Park, a six-acre site, is expected to fetch around EUR25 million.

from gaa.ie
    Salthill/Knocknacarra Gaa Official Website- http://www.salthillknocknacarragaa.ie/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    200,000 will not build a 1,100 seater stand alright. Cobh are builing a 910 seater stand for between 300,000-700,000 ( i know, its a very broad estimation) according to their forum here.

Unless KCFC are obtaining additional funding elsewhere (sponsorship, every1 a winner draw) which is difficult to see. Could also have decided to be build a stand with a smaller capacity.

Also remember Bray built a new markey, i mean stand that seats 984 for 300,000.

Not sure whats the story with the planning permission they may have to re-apply, but i hope not and can't see too much of a problem there but you never know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    230 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalwayFrancis View Post

A site will be handed over to Kildare chiefs free of charge under the Newbridge Development plan. It will be located within the new Citygate development at Old Connell, is on the Naas side of Newbridge.

]
    Can someone explain this to me.
    Did you ever notice that in every painting of Adam & Eve, they have belly buttons. Think about that...take as long as you want.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast