Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: JOHN Gill on radio 1 at 6.30

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

JOHN Gill on radio 1 at 6.30

with Des Cahill. The Dundalk PR Machine is in full swing, By all accounts they have found a "white Knight" in the town of Dundalk and the have plans like no other. They are gonna make the fai squirm for the next few weeks im dyin to see the size of the fine gill will get, scully or any other manager wasnt a patch on the way he lambasted the fai. He reckons nobody in Dundalk had an inkling of whats happening in the league and they went all out to be promoted

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    In all fairness, it was made transparently clear from before a ball was kicked that there would be no promotion or relegation this season, and that this season's standings would form part of every club's overall application for admission into the new FAI PL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts
    Isnt it a coincidence that all the talk about these 'plans' has only emerged in the last couple of days.

Big difference between theirs and our plans is that ours is on paper. Gill and Dundalk FC can blabber on all they want but they signed up to the FAI agreement and must abide by its outcome no matter what.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Gill is like a broken record, he's been harping on about not understanding the process all season.It's been explained to him loads of times but he still cant figure it out.I didnt hear the radio interview but he surely shouldnt be trying to influence the IAG decision at this stage.Did Dundalk not make a presentation like everyone else????????????
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Billy Lord View Post
    In all fairness, it was made transparently clear from before a ball was kicked that there would be no promotion or relegation this season, and that this season's standings would form part of every club's overall application for admission into the new FAI PL.
    100%. Don't know how many times I've posted this over the last few months.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by geezer View Post
    with Des Cahill. The Dundalk PR Machine is in full swing, By all accounts they have found a "white Knight" in the town of Dundalk and the have plans like no other. They are gonna make the fai squirm for the next few weeks im dyin to see the size of the fine gill will get, scully or any other manager wasnt a patch on the way he lambasted the fai. He reckons nobody in Dundalk had an inkling of whats happening in the league and they went all out to be promoted

I have to laught at all these great plans DFC are unveiling at the moment, considering all this proposed devlopment is based on extremely questionable past financial practices i'd hope the powers that be see through the propoganda!
    Anyway as pointed out above surely as they willingly signed up to the criteria for the formation of the new league this PR/Propoganda is a futile exercise in relation to that?

Koh
    Thomas Davis have said they will be the last man standing, they were WRONG!!

SRFC will NEVER die!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Its funny how the only replies slatting Gill and Dundalk are from fans of teams who didnt do it on the pitch this season (Waterford, Galway), who back the no promotion situation to the gills because neither should be near the Premier on merit.

Dont tell me that if your club was in Dundalks situation they wouldnt be on radio etc. pushing their promotion claim

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DvB View Post
    extremely questionable past financial practices
    Koh
    Rovers would know all about these, so i guess your the rite man to mention them

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Dont tell me that if your club was in Dundalks situation they wouldnt be on radio etc. pushing their promotion claim
    Every club is in Dundalk's position as regards not knowing what will happen when the teams are decided. The question I'd be asking as a Dundalk fan, is why was such effort put into going "all out to be promoted" when everyone knew there wouldn't be promotion. As for Waterford, who didn't do it on the pitch, did it ever cross your mind that the board sat down and decided that with the lack of promotion and relegation, there was no point in throwing money away on gaining a pointless extra place in the final league table. I doubt that in a normal season Waterford would allow players to go on holidays instead of play in the playoff match.

Anyway, if Dundalk's plans are so great, then they'll score very highly in the presentation category and they'll be invited into the new super duper league on merit. Let me ask you this though, if you got in at the expense of UCD, would you refuse to take the place in the interest of fair play? There's no point in Gill giving out about something he signed up to in the first place - only has the effect of making him look a bit stupid.
    Foot.ie's entire existence is predicated on the average idiot's inability to ignore other idiots

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Its funny how the only replies slatting Gill and Dundalk are from fans of teams who didnt do it on the pitch this season (Waterford, Galway), who back the no promotion situation to the gills because neither should be near the Premier on merit.

Nobody is giving out about Dundalk doing PR on the radio......every club does it.What's annoying people is that Gill is continously saying it's a joke and that nobody told dundalk what's happening.He/Dundalk know they won't be in it next year and are playing the sympathy card big time.......clutching at straws.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    in fairness to dundalk, they are doing exactly what i would want my club if we were in the same situation. they know full well that they are most likely well behind on a number of criteria, but what have they to lose by going on a pr offensive, and putting the maximum possible pressure on the fai.

they probably feel that it wont work, but with the fai in charge, can anybody be sure?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

Pathetic PR attempt by Dundalk. They will only confuse the public who not aware that Dundalk signed up to a process they knew about in advance. When the FAI don't choose Dundalk the average person on the street won't understand & will cast the FAI & eL in even worse light.

You wouldn't see GAA or IRFU clubs having this out in public like this. Given the nu,ber of managers who were fined this season theres a precedent for Mr. Gill & Dundalk to get a hefty fine too.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    164 Posts
    By all accounts they have found a "white Knight" in the town of Dundalk and the have plans like no other.
    Fair play to Dundalk. They should be in a good position for promotion if they win the First Division in 2007. It's a shame they misunderstood what was required of them this year in order to make it to the inaugural 'Premiership'.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    By all accounts they have found a "white Knight" in the town of Dundalk and the have plans like no other.
    I wonder is this the same "white knight" that shows an interest in Shels every time the taxman comes knocking?
    Champions.
    16 leagues & 24 cups.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    30 Posts

You signed up to the agreement like everyone else.

Kapiche.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    The question I'd be asking as a Dundalk fan, is why was such effort put into going "all out to be promoted" when everyone knew there wouldn't be promotion.
    Dundalk didnt go all out to get promoted, they brought in a good manager, who got Dublin City promoted, and in turn he brought in the players he could afford and thought would do a job. All within the means of the club. If you ask this question of Dundalk you have to ask it of Rovers and Galway who had bigger squads and made some big signings in the transfer window.[/QUOTE]

Quote Originally Posted by bigmac View Post
    I doubt that in a normal season Waterford would allow players to go on holidays instead of play in the playoff match.
    Dundalk did the same with arguably our best midfielder Sean Finn, and then Scully for the 2nd leg, cant punish players for booking holidays 5months ago, when there was no mention of a playoff

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    the problem here is not dundalk they were very happy to sign up to the process the problem is john ,poor lad ,thick as a plank
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    70 Posts
    Football matters should always be decided on the pitch IMO
    Ok Dundalk signed up but lets be honest did any clubs really have any other
    option
    Champions 2010
    Champions 2011
    Dick Brush 1 Sligo 0
    Bohs are going bust.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    238 Posts
    I have a lot of sympathy for Dundalk on this one I must say. People say they signed up to it at the start of the season, and OK, fair enough. But then why were they made to take part in a play off match, which woud have no bearing on the final outcome of whether they got promoted or not ?
    Out for a spell, got neglected, lay on the bench unselected.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,529 Posts
    Dundalk didnt go all out to get promoted, they brought in a good manager, who got Dublin City promoted, and in turn he brought in the players he could afford and thought would do a job. All within the means of the club. If you ask this question of Dundalk you have to ask it of Rovers and Galway who had bigger squads and made some big signings in the transfer window.
    This does not really tally with what your new owner said when he took over. Then it was all about him having to put money in to cover this season's costs and how he wouldn't be doing so again. The talk was of budget cuts for next year to get the club sorted financially due to how badly run it had been for so long, and there was mention of debts like the bus company that hadn't been paid in years.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast