Tonights Play Off game

Dundalk 0-1 Waterford
    Brown 3

Follow Us on Facebook and Twitter

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Finished one all. Dundalk had all the ball from start to finish but just couldnt score. Took a peno in the 92nd min before we did. Not sure are waterford really that sh!te or where they sitting back or the whole game protecting their 3rd minute goal

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    Is there a second leg in Waterford now ?

What was the crowd like ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Just in the door now form game and 1 all draw was a fair result, terrible night and crap footie on both sides.
    But the thing that disgusted me most was the behaviour of Dundalk fans at the end of the match , they rushed the dugout and tried to get at Cronin, then they ran to where the players were coming off and tried also to get at them, i was sitting with an aul fella who has been following Dundalk for 60 years and he said it was disgusting to see it happening.
    There were threads on here about Shamrock rovers supporters but christ the scum i saw up in oriel park tonight would even make the BSC look like alter boys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is this anyway a game with on-pitch importance? Will the result be a criterium when the new EL premier division is elected?
    Visit my favourite teams :

www.kvo.be - www.shelbournefc.ie - www.rosenborg.info

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    For me the importance is this: If Dundalk win, and if the blues are in the premier league next year, there will always be the thought that we're not there on footballing merit, but because of some other criteria. Therefore I would prefer if we beat Dundalk, to at least avoid relegation on footballing terms. Then whatever happens happens.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    What was the crowd like the Star says 1650 which is very low.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Mental Man Just in the door now form game and 1 all draw was a fair result, terrible night and crap footie on both sides.
    But the thing that disgusted me most was the behaviour of Dundalk fans at the end of the match , they rushed the dugout and tried to get at Cronin, then they ran to where the players were coming off and tried also to get at them, i was sitting with an aul fella who has been following Dundalk for 60 years and he said it was disgusting to see it happening.
    There were threads on here about Shamrock rovers supporters but christ the scum i saw up in oriel park tonight would even make the BSC look like alter boys.

What are you on about. Where the Waterford fans not mixed in with the Dundalk fans and were you not all in the bar for a pint. So what grief did your fans get. Sh1t stirring me thinks

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mental Man View Post
    Just in the door now form game and 1 all draw was a fair result, terrible night and crap footie on both sides.
    The fans ran to the edge of the pitch as one of your players went for christy doran when he was celebrating at the end of the match. It happend right in front of me. That what all the booing was for. A few of our subs ran on and dragged him away. You must have thought they were fans. and your talking sh!te about fans rushing the dugout. No dundalk fans were on the pitch at all last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    What was the crowd like the Star says 1650 which is very low.
    Was alot more then that, a few different estimates on our forum and the average is around 2500. Not bad seeing as there was champions league on the same night

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    1-1 a fair result ? I`d say Waterford got out of their half 3 times in the 2nd half !! I wasn`t impressed one bit with Waterford, passing was poor, lazy in fact, fitness just ok, and off the ball running and overall shape not anything close to what i was expecting from a premier div side. They were well organised at the back, but never got behind our defence once. We`ll travel down next sat in high confidence.

Indo put crowd at 2,000, I`m not that good at estimating crowds, but only the last Rovers game had a bigger attendance and there was 3,500 at it.

Dreaful conditions esp in the 2nd half, oh and tom the gom was there !

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Did they play We Are The Champions at the end?

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Excuse me lads, i was sitting at the front of the stand next to the pub and had a great craic with a good few dundalk lads around me, they even said to me the actions of some of their supporters was disgusting, they tried to get at cronin through the dugout,all he done is he stared at them, i was about 15 feet away from it, we can do without this sort of crap at ANY game.
    Overall the game was poor but the night itself had something to do with it also, spoke to certain person from our club and he is disgusted over the unnessary expense the club is having to fork out on these worthless games, players wages,coaches etc.. when the decision has already been made as to whos gonna be in top flight football next year.
    Anyway am meeting a few dundalk lads for a few drinks before the match on saturday and sure will see ye on saturday.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    35 Posts
    had a great craic
    What's a craic - and how big is a great one...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Excuse me lads, i was sitting at the front of the stand next to the pub and had a great craic with a good few dundalk lads around me, they even said to me the actions of some of their supporters was disgusting, they tried to get at cronin through the dugout,all he done is he stared at them, i was about 15 feet away from it, we can do without this sort of crap at ANY game.
    Overall the game was poor but the night itself had something to do with it also, spoke to certain person from our club and he is disgusted over the unnessary expense the club is having to fork out on these worthless games, players wages,coaches etc.. when the decision has already been made as to whos gonna be in top flight football next year.
    Anyway am meeting a few dundalk lads for a few drinks before the match on saturday and sure will see ye on saturday.
    From where you were sitting you should have had a great view of your player attacking christy doran. It was an unprovoked attack that would annoy any fan of any club. So you sat with our fans, drank with our fans and are meeting some of our fans on saturday yet you call us scum?? I was sitting very close to where you were sitting and didnt see anybody trying to get at your manager.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I was sitting to the right of the dugout and i saw Dundalk supporters kicking the away teams dugout and threatening the people inside it, i saw Gareth going over to them and staring them down ,i was sitting with some old men right at the bottom of the stand next to the pub so i saw everything and like i said earlier so did the old guys and they said they were disgusted, so i guess we all cant be wrong.
    Look if i saw something similar happening with some of our supporters at home to an away team like with what i saw last night i personally would have gone to the MC about it, **** like that dosent do any good for the league and only detracts from families bringing kids etc... to games,but thats for each individual club to sort out its own arsehole supporters .