Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: What Should the Clubs be Doing for the LDMC ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

What Should the Clubs be Doing for the LDMC ?

We have a thread already on what the ldmc should be doing for clubs, so, what should the clubs be doing for the ldmc?
    Maybe its time the non- "sheep" clubs as described in the other thread by greenandwhite stood up for their league!
    I was at both delegate meetings and at no stage was any question asked by any club on the running of the league. The only questions asked were about the other controversy regarding the ex-treasurer.
    Why a meeting to discuss a vote of no confidence if there isnt one question on the running of the league??

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i was under the assumption the meeting was called to clear the issue with the ex treasurer, so i assume that issue would have taking up most of the meeting.

if the meeting was called for running the league then i would have assumed then that would have taking up most of the meeting.

now maybe some clubs didn't want to ask a question till a meeting like that is arranged so it gets appropriate time at the meeting.

this is only my opinion so need to tag it to my club or any other now

on what clubs can do for the LDMC

1. or attitude towards the ldmc has to changed and we have to work together

2. or attitudes to referees definately have to change ( there has been two notable mentions of refs in Foot.ie and i know for fact they have been noted by the referees )

3. clubs have to be more pro active with refs, myself personally went to latest referee course and will persue that line for when i stop football. clubs should promote people to look at that after football from youths upto junior level every little bit helps

4. re structuring of our teams having some clubs with more than two teams in my opinion is going to cause friction in future years

now once again these are my own opinions you might think i'm talking s**t but here its what i think

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by a country voice View Post
    We have a thread already on what the ldmc should be doing for clubs, so, what should the clubs be doing for the ldmc?
    Maybe its time the non- "sheep" clubs as described in the other thread by greenandwhite stood up for their league!
    I was at both delegate meetings and at no stage was any question asked by any club on the running of the league. The only questions asked were about the other controversy regarding the ex-treasurer.
    Why a meeting to discuss a vote of no confidence if there isnt one question on the running of the league??

In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.
    Martin Luther King Jr.
    Hi country Voice

I have posted a comment in the "What can the LDMC do for clubs Thread"
    "When faced with total negativity, a smile is a weapon of mass destruction"

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holycrossjock View Post
    i was under the assumption the meeting was called to clear the issue with the ex treasurer, so i assume that issue would have taking up most of the meeting.

if the meeting was called for running the league then i would have assumed then that would have taking up most of the meeting.

now maybe some clubs didn't want to ask a question till a meeting like that is arranged so it gets appropriate time at the meeting.

this is only my opinion so need to tag it to my club or any other now

on what clubs can do for the LDMC

1. or attitude towards the ldmc has to changed and we have to work together

2. or attitudes to referees definately have to change ( there has been two notable mentions of refs in Foot.ie and i know for fact they have been noted by the referees )

3. clubs have to be more pro active with refs, myself personally went to latest referee course and will persue that line for when i stop football. clubs should promote people to look at that after football from youths upto junior level every little bit helps

4. re structuring of our teams having some clubs with more than two teams in my opinion is going to cause friction in future years

now once again these are my own opinions you might think i'm talking s**t but here its what i think

Hi Jock

There were a number of topics discussed and ample oppertunity to disscuss any matter at the delegate meeting. The issue of the PRO on this site was also discussed at the meeting so it is incorrect to say that there were some clubs who felt that they could not ask questions. The most of the meeting was actually taken up buy dissussions on matters other than the suspended member

Your other ppoints are valid and if we ever get to a stage where all this backbiting is behind us we might even be able to implement some of the planned improvements.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Old keeper View Post
    Hi Jock

There were a number of topics discussed and ample oppertunity to disscuss any matter at the delegate meeting. The issue of the PRO on this site was also discussed at the meeting so it is incorrect to say that there were some clubs who felt that they could not ask questions. The most of the meeting was actually taken up buy dissussions on matters other than the suspended member

Your other ppoints are valid and if we ever get to a stage where all this backbiting is behind us we might even be able to implement some of the planned improvements.
    the time is now or very soon to then arrange a meeting and lets get everybody singing from the same song sheet and make the LDMC league the best we can make it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    is it true that at the delegate meeting that Mr Noonan objected to the use of a projector as it had not been passed at a meeting....if true it shows what type of dinosaurs you are dealing with..

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by leather View Post
    is it true that at the delegate meeting that Mr Noonan objected to the use of a projector as it had not been passed at a meeting....if true it shows what type of dinosaurs you are dealing with..
    Hi It is true that 2 or 3 of the older clubs objected to the use of a presentation on the grounds that it was not passed by the committee.

This was false information as the use of the presentation was passed by committee at the previous committee meeting and the committee members all had copies of the presentation at the committee meeting held directly before the delegate meeting. All of the information presented was factual and there were no grey areas.

This is another example of the misinformation being bandied about by a few disgruntled people.