Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Play-offs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    99 Posts

Play-offs

The details of the play-off have just been announced, see www.galwayunitedfc.ie for details. If we are going to reach these we have damn all time to market the match so I hope everyone here and others help out the club as much as possible with trying to get terryland packed for that night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Misnomer

Terry,

If I've understood all of this week's postings on the Play Offs, then they are not really Play Offs at all. The winner is guaranteed neither promotion or retention of their Premier status.

If I'm right, I wouldn't worry about marketing the home leg. GBFM have been brilliant, particularly in recent weeks & I'd say that's as much as we can hope for by way of hyping the fixture.

I'd feel a bit of a cheat pushing a play off, the outcome of which does not guarantee league status for winner or loser.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTown View Post
    Terry,

If I've understood all of this week's postings on the Play Offs, then they are not really Play Offs at all. The winner is guaranteed neither promotion or retention of their Premier status.

If I'm right, I wouldn't worry about marketing the home leg. GBFM have been brilliant, particularly in recent weeks & I'd say that's as much as we can hope for by way of hyping the fixture.

I'd feel a bit of a cheat pushing a play off, the outcome of which does not guarantee league status for winner or loser.
    Yes but if you market it that it's vital to do as well as possible for us to gain promotion.Let the public know that if we win the playoff we're pretty much guaranteed a place next year.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTown View Post
    I see your point My Town but in fairness i'd be well ****ed off to find out that we were so close to getting promoted (should I say elected) to the new league that winning the "play off" would have secured our destiny. Be under no illusions we are no where near a guaranteed spot despite the impressive display by Nial O'Reilly, Daniel Walsh etc and the team of course.

So I'd urge everyone to get out there and promote the game if it arises.
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett