Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunther Bashing Discussion

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Talking Gunthers insightful comments

It was quite funny on Red fm this morning, they were reporting on the match she said "city manager Liam Murphy was happy with the result" Gunthers turn to speak- SILENCE , they tried to make out there was something wrong with the recording but id say it was just a typical comment from Gunther.
    Champions!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    probably the most inspiring/intelligent interview he´s ever given

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    seriously lads i would tone down this whole dumbing down gunther. a lot of is downright nasty and borders on personal making him out to be subterrean or something.

i mean has eanna/colm etc anything constructive to say rather than blowing on about gunther all the time. even from the point of view of reading the mesage board it's gets boring and looks childish to say the least.

personally i'd rather murphy stood down but i wouldn't personally denigrate the guy or intimate he is a ape or anything like that. it's not nice
    john flynn? - awesome!!!!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by dalo
    seriously lads i would tone down this whole dumbing down gunther. a lot of is downright nasty and borders on personal making him out to be subterrean or something.
    I agree, dunno if we need to go so far as constructive discussions but better to save the "subterrean" stuff for Ollie Byrne or someone...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree with Dalo too. I think you have made it clear by now your feelings on Gunther. It has got very boring just reading insults all the time.
    You lads (and others) are well capable of making some great comments, but this Gunther bashing takes from your credibility. In a way, its a bit like Moses always going on about Morley.

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by Ali-G
    I agree with Dalo too. I think you have made it clear by now your feelings on Gunther. It has got very boring just reading insults all the time.
    I disagree, it's very funny to see some of the people who think it's so wrong to give out about Mick McCarthy do exactly the same thing to Murphy........
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    jaysus, twas a joke like!
    Oh yeah, and remind me of the last time gunther had anything positive to say about the fans.............................

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i mean has eanna/colm etc anything constructive to say rather than blowing on about gunther all the time.
    Jesus Dalo, its only a bit of fun. Surely you dont think that everyone has to be serious and constructive all the time.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by COLM
    Jesus Dalo, its only a bit of fun. Surely you dont think that everyone has to be serious and constructive all the time.
    it isnt funny at all. actually it's boring and in bad taste. like all forms of personal attack dressing it up as humour is always a easy way out. what i mailed up here about colm and his habit of grunting and being a general thick?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    agreed dalo
    it bored, repetative and not really relevant to be brought into every single thread eanna

everyone knows your views on said subject .you've been ramming it down our throats incessantly for ages now.. maybe start 1 thread on gunther and everytime u need to get it out of your system post a rant theree... that way the rest of us can avoid reading it.

i mean twas raining there for the match last sunday ..was that his fault to??

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    it isnt funny at all. actually it's boring and in bad taste. like all forms of personal attack dressing it up as humour is always a easy way out.
    Ah come on Dalo lighten up a bit. You don´t seriously think i actually believe Liam Murphy speaks in indecipherable grunts and lives in a cave do you It´s called lampooning someone- ya know, you don´t like them much so you exaggerate their flaws and have a laugh about it. And like I said before, when was the last time Murphy said anything nice about the fans?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    everyone knows your views on said subject .you've been ramming it down our throats incessantly for ages now.. maybe start 1 thread on gunther and everytime u need to get it out of your system post a rant theree... that way the rest of us can avoid reading it.
    B0LLOCKS - a thread to rival the Longford Massive one.....
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by James
    agreed dalo
    it bored, repetative and not really relevant to be brought into every single thread eanna

go on away and ********* will ya I´ve hardly slagged the guy off in ages. What was that thread you were enthusiastically (to say the least) posting on yesterday? Oh yeah this - not in the least bit nasty to gunther

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna

Ah come on Dalo lighten up a bit. You don´t seriously think i actually believe Liam Murphy speaks in indecipherable grunts and lives in a cave do you It´s called lampooning someone- ya know, you don´t like them much so you exaggerate their flaws and have a laugh about it. And like I said before, when was the last time Murphy said anything nice about the fans?
    please you don't have to start explaining to me as well. i know what lampooning is and i know what satire is. in your case it isn't funny- it's plain negative and simply ****es people off from reading anything here. save it for the fanzine

as for murphy saying anything nice about fans he is a football manager (albeit a average one) not a PR man (thankfully). ok you go to the games. what do you want a medal.

I much rather be a fan than a manager

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    save it for the fanzine

fanzine´s nothing to do with me dalo boy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Right Dalo, you don't think taking the **** out of Gunther is funny. Fine, but I know a lot of people that think its funny and who make a mockery of Gunther on a regular basis. Ok, maybe it gets a bit repetitive sometimes but so do a lot of the topics discussed here.
    You're entitled to your views but theres no point in whinging and moaning about a couple of harmless jokes.

As for the fanzine, I had an article in it a few weeks back which was a total ****take of Gunther. If its so wrong and boring then surely the editorial committee woudnt have printed it. There is always "dumbing down of Gunther" in the fanzine but nobody seems to be getting all upset about that. Dalo, why dont you write an article for the fanzine about how childish it is to mock Gunther if you feel so strongly about it.
    Champions!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by COLM
    . Dalo, why dont you write an article for the fanzine about how childish it is to mock Gunther if you feel so strongly about it. [/QUOTE

when I said save it for the fanzine that is what I meant. it's yere fanzine so best of luck. (btw the fanzine ain't too good either - I have seen better humour in the college rag)

I think ye have missed the point. if what ye wrote was funny or constructive or satirical or just plain funny I would say something. yet it isn't ,it isn't even celver.

when one of the guys called it lampooning I had to laugh, do ye really think ye have that much interlectual depth?

it's just yawn and smacks of bunch of spotty kids who really need a good ride.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    111 Posts
    Question lads, if Gunther packs his bags and leaves...who will you guys slag off then? The boredom threshold will be too much, and you’ll be wishing he comes back to yis! Admit it, you love him really...
    'Fascists dress in black and go round telling people what to do, where as priests.....'

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

it's just yawn and smacks of bunch of spotty kids who really need a good ride. [/B]

"I don’t want to tempt fate, but Thierry Henry is not having one of his best nights." - RTE co-commentator Jim Beglin, minutes before TH struck the stunning winner.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    when one of the guys called it lampooning I had to laugh, do ye really think ye have that much interlectual depth?

it's just yawn and smacks of bunch of spotty kids who really need a good ride.
    get your head out your arse dalo will ya. slagging people off over their intellectual "depth." Who´s the one that needs the ride me wonders?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast