Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Tickets for San Marino game

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    40 Posts

Tickets for San Marino game

GUST have a small number of terrace tickets available for the above game.
    For more details, contact Ronan today at (087) 6972823.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

When Tickets Are Plentiful!!!

I recall walking into O'Gorman's (now Eason's, Shop St.) and buying my ticket over the counter (The Galway Advertiser Officer was at the back of the shop & they were an FAI ticket outlet at the time) for Ireland v Brazil in Lansdowne Rd. in May 1987. One of my boyhood idols Liam Brady got the only goal before a paltry 23,000 people. Tom Humphries described as one of the best soccer memories in Lansdowne in last Saturday's Irish Times.

Despite my undying loyalty to GUFC, I've only made it back to Lansdowne once or twice since. The so called glory years followed quickly after that Brazil friendly and I wasn't well enough connected to be able to support the national team - despite the fact that those who got tickets for the big games in the Charlton era were rarely, if ever, seen in Terryland.

Fair Play to Pa Dunne, GUFC & GUST who seem to have been very democratic about making tickets available for recent matches even if market forces indicate interest in the National Team is defineitely on the wane. Everything comes full circle. Maybe I'll have to start going to Internationals again?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by MyTown View Post
    I wasn't well enough connected to be able to support the national team - despite the fact that those who got tickets for the big games in the Charlton era were rarely, if ever, seen in Terryland.
    That seems to be true for a lot of EL clubs. One would think that there were loyalty points awarded for the trips to Glasgow, Manchester etc every Saturday