Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Next Season's Top Flight

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Another thing that occurred to me is that should the fai drop a club to the first division i can envisage some clubs going through the courts and yet again our league will be in the newspapers for all the wrong reasons. Also lets put it this way outside Pats, Shels, Derry, Cork, Bohs, Drogs and (possibly) Longford(nothing Would Surprise me with the FAI involved) noone should think they are guaranteed admission to the top flight.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harps1954 View Post
    I have said it plenty of times before, but I think the 11 teams in the Premier at present will still be there next year and will be joined by Shamrock Rovers. Can't see any of the other First Division teams getting in.
    Spot on.

Decision day is Monday the 11th of December. We've made it a lot easier by winning the first.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think Galway have done enough to be included.
    There are too many clubs around the Dublin area so Bray could be demoted.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    The ideal scenario is that UCD get demoted and Waterford stay up. Then the UCD lads go ape and take the FAI to court. Delaney gets found out and is sacked.
    Bit optimistic there Peadar, I don't think Delaney would be sacked if he went on an axe murdering spree.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Schumi View Post
    Bit optimistic there Peadar, I don't think Delaney would be sacked if he went on an axe murdering spree.
    And how exactly would the fact that he enjoys the occasional axe-murder in any way hinder the continuance of the fine work he's been doing in the FAI

Really, some of you people on here will come up with ANY excuse to twist the knife into poor John

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    And how exactly would the fact that he enjoys the occasional axe-murder in any way hinder the continuance of the fine work he's been doing in the FAI

Really, some of you people on here will come up with ANY excuse to twist the knife into poor John
    I think all this axe murdering is bringing the game into disrepute, and would like to take this oppertunity to criticise Clinton Morrisson for no reason. Also, you're an idiot for disagreeing with me.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by John83 View Post
    I think all this axe murdering is bringing the game into disrepute, and would like to take this oppertunity to criticise Clinton Morrisson for no reason. Also, you're an idiot for disagreeing with me.
    I feel that the axe-murdering is a private matter for Mr.Delaney and his long suffering wife Lizzie and as such should not be brought into the public domain and in anyway connected with the FAI

In a totally unrelated developement Clinton Morrissons carcass has been found in several plastic bags in bins off Merrion Square. Gardai are following a definite line of enquiry with rumours from inside the FAI suggesting a suicide due to loss of form

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by holidaysong View Post
    Pure rubbish. There is no way Castlebellingham has more Drawda fans than Dundalk fans. Ardee is also a Dundalk supporting town though it is south of Castlebellingham. I know quite a few Dundalk fans from Ardee and I have never heard of anyone from the place supporting Drawda. Dunleer and south of it is your territory. We have two very different fanbases. Any overlap on them is quite minimal. I can't see the fact that you (currently) play in Louth being a factor in how our fanbase potential is judged for next season.

Hey its nothing personal just plain facts, the Drogs are the team most supported by the Louth areas outside of the two town boundaries. Ardee is clearly a Drog base - how you dispute this is beyond me - maybe a few of your mates moved there to have a sprinkling of Duns fans but its Claret and Blue all the way when it comes to Ardee. Give your friends a few more years living there and they will soon convert to the one true football club in Louth and the Norht East - Drogheda United FC.

Listen you can have Carlingford - nice village - lovely area - they would relish some 1st div. football next season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    drogs and de dalk should merge to form Louth United. At least then you might get decent numbers at your games and end all this bickering.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    ah Peadar - the old masterDrogbaitor.

sorry no catch today,

So hows your clubs campaign going - whats it called again

"please can someone come in and be our chairman as our other one couldn't be arsed wasting cash in this black hole anymore"?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Galway Harps View Post
    I think you could very well be right Conor. I think there's a very real chance that when it comes to it the FAI may ignore their own criteria.

I've said all along that the process needs to be transparent and open but with Delaney in charge does anyone expect that?
    The criteria are perfectly clear. Everything you need to know is contained in the part where it says that the AIG's findings are subject to FAI approval.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDrog View Post
    So hows your clubs campaign going - whats it called again

"please can someone come in and be our chairman as our other one couldn't be arsed wasting cash in this black hole anymore"?
    Don't think I'll have to wait too long for this post to come back and bite you in the arse. Boy will I enjoy that. You newcomers, who jumped on the drogs bandwagon, are so naive!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    thats it old pal - throw in more bait - but the fish aren't biting

So how was it to watch more of your championship winning side walk off the pitch on Friday never to return - getting to be a bit of routine thing now isn't it. Maybe Cobh can loan you some players for next season.

Players leaving, even the chairman jumping ship and manager saying he will walk if people want him to - the water level must be neck high now - time to jump maybe?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by floatinghoop View Post
    I think that what this debate proves more than anything else is that the sooner the league goes back to deciding who plays where based on results on the pitch, and nothing else, the better
    There should be fixed critea that you need to meet off the field for the different divisions. After that, decide on the pitch. They could even issue licences for clubs to show that they reach that set critea. Surprised it hasn't been done before tbh.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Macy View Post
    There should be fixed critea that you need to meet off the field for the different divisions. After that, decide on the pitch. They could even issue licences for clubs to show that they reach that set critea. Surprised it hasn't been done before tbh.
    Ach, it'd never work. Clubs would submit in the wrong coloured pen, others to the wrong address. They'd spend so long looking after details like that that noone would spot that a club was on the verge of bankruptcy or something.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Hey its nothing personal just plain facts, the Drogs are the team most supported by the Louth areas outside of the two town boundaries. Ardee is clearly a Drog base - how you dispute this is beyond me - maybe a few of your mates moved there to have a sprinkling of Duns fans but its Claret and Blue all the way when it comes to Ardee. Give your friends a few more years living there and they will soon convert to the one true football club in Louth and the Norht East - Drogheda United FC.

Listen you can have Carlingford - nice village - lovely area - they would relish some 1st div. football next season.
    Are you having a laugh?? Ardee is 100% Dundalk supporters. We also have fans in south armagh, monaghan castlebellingham and parts of dunleer you have everything south of dunleer. Dont try and tell me that there is no Dundalk fans in Dunleer as the Travel club picks fans up there for away matches.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    So how was it to watch more of your championship winning side walk off the pitch on Friday never to return - getting to be a bit of routine thing now isn't it.
    You're too funny! We had one man carry the burdon of running a club for the last 5 years or so. Under him, we've become the biggest club in the country. You've had multiple investors pour money into your club but you've only managed to emulate Longford. I'd like to know how long it will take them to get bored.

We're still in a strong position, with one of the best U21 squads in the country and, as was visible on Friday night, the best ability of any side to draw a crowd. If the new deal goes ahead, the burdon will be spread across multiple people. We'll have a decent manager next season and a decent squad. I have no fear of that. You, on the other hand, have to fear for how long your false sense of security can last.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Peadar who is the new Cork manager?
    As another poster alluded to in another thread it makes for interesting speculation during the close season.

So thats Bohs, Cork, Shels and Derry that are all in the hunt for new managers, with the likes of Fenlon Connor Kerr Dolan Rico and Shawaddy all actively looking for jobs as well as Aldo (possibly). Will the new manager be one of the ones above?
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    Will the new manager be one of the ones above?
    Kingdom, I don't discuss private matters about Cork City FC on this forum. I hope you'll appreciate why. All will become clearer in the next few days.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Drogheda people, Dundalk people this is one of the most ludicrous arguments I've ever seen

We have this area, you have that area Blah, Blah, Blah. Fact is neither of ye have much support anywhere in Louth if your attendances are anything to go by so this arguing about townlands, villages, parishes etc is pathetic

Before anybody comes in with Limericks attendances are crap, I acknowledge that, but you won't here me arguing with a Cork City fan about Charleville or a Galway fan about Ennis. Sheesh

Btw I'd like to think all the more civilised people in Louth follow Drogs

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast