Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: League Farce

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

League Farce

the whole league is descending into farce now, between no refs showing up early in the season at ucd, to pat kelly runnin the referees with his 2 sons getting all the big television fixtures even despite the fact that one of them alan (a utd hater) awarded a goal kick for a clear goal in a game this season,
    to now the situation where the league may not even finish because of a 3 pronged court threat that big fat ollie byrne from shels has issued. its no coincidence that 2 galway men are at the top running the eircom league that lleft massive damage at utd some years back. how limerick and athlone pass uefa standards is laughable. is the league really dead or on its last legs. and all of a sudden john delaney declares "its nothing to do with the fai" .

its time for supporters to rise up across the country

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts

and do what exactly???

they dont listen to fans and dont care,unless some mass protest was organised between fans so that at all games theres some kind of protest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Sure when you have joke's of clubs like Limerick,Kilkenny and Kildare in the league it's not going to get better either.The FAI must implement what they've said they will before it's too late.
    www.galwayunitedfc.net -----New GUFC fans forum and Gust Website.

Europe's Big Club.
    "Cause Galway are MASSIVE"-RW Rover on 24/8/07 00:29am

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    excuse my ignorance on this one but would it have been at all possible to implement the Genesis Report without letting the FAI takeover the League. How difficult can it be to run it properly. There are so many average business people in this country that could run it better its a shame to see clowns at the top table of the circus.

Its gone so far now that the clubs are not even going to be able to sit around a table in the near future with all the shenanigans of points deduction inconsistencies etc.

Leaves me thinking it was a big boo boo letting these idiots talk us into signing up for the new regime. What would the Genesis people think of whats going on!
    "Are those my feet" Fr Jack Hackett

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    kilkenny are far from a joke Conor maybe because they run the club within thir means and OWN one of the finest grounds in the Country other big clubs who spend all their money chasing crazy dreams laugh at them but I certainly admire Jim Rhattigan and his club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It's only a matter of time before we see who the jokes of clubs are imo. With Cork City going back to part time and some of the "bigger" clubs owing massive sums to Banks and the Taxman it could all end in tears for the big boys.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    733 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post
    kilkenny are far from a joke Conor maybe because they run the club within thir means and OWN one of the finest grounds in the Country other big clubs who spend all their money chasing crazy dreams laugh at them but I certainly admire Jim Rhattigan and his club.
    Agreed. A lot of people look at them and sneer, but we need financially stable clubs to round out the league - hell, we need financially stable clubs throughout the league - and if progress is made at the top, the rising tide will lift all boats.

Buckley Park is unfortunately hidden, but it's a fine little ground and the club does no harm to the rest of us, unlike clubs who overspend, driving up wages - which forces other clubs to divert resources from elsewhere - and causing chaos when they are forced to face reality.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

the asterisk league

it was called on radio 1 last saturday afternoon,

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    good one!
    more water!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    At least in Italy, they deduct points for noble matters such as match-fixing and peddling with referee appointments. All we ever deduct points for is ineligible players.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by JW. View Post
    At least in Italy, they deduct points for noble matters such as match-fixing and peddling with referee appointments. All we ever deduct points for is ineligible players.
    What are you implying JW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gufct View Post

Agreed. If this League had more Jim Rhatigans, then it would be a finer place. Kilkenny are not one of the CRISIS clubs. AS gufct says, KCFC own their ground which is more than Shamrock Rovers, Cork City, Waterford, Limerick or Galway United can say.

I bet $hel$ would swop overdrafts with Kilkenny like a shot.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    ya but if ya offered kilkenny shels position in the league they'd snap your hand off
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Surely it wouldn't be too much to ask teams to provide the referee with a team sheet 20 minutes before kick off.Referees could be given a list of suspended players and if one of these suspended players was on a team sheet the manager could be asked to replace the suspended player with an eligible one.
    This would be very simple to implement and would save us all the embarrassment that happens every season.Who knows maybe after a few fiasco free seasons some serious businesspeople might see the LOI as a worthwhile investment.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    That makes sense Guisasaigon but I was at a meeting for League Reps & Officials (refs etc) and this was suggested but the FAI said it was not up to the Referees to monitor suspensions like that and that it was effectively none of their business.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    That makes sense Guisasaigon but I was at a meeting for League Reps & Officials (refs etc) and this was suggested but the FAI said it was not up to the Referees to monitor suspensions like that and that it was effectively none of their business.
    FECKING GOB****ES! Shows they are not willing to fix the problems that are occuring. There is a rep from the league at every game let him check the effin lists. Teamsheets are given to refs, PA and Press before every game. Do they have a mission statement somewhere that has the phrase "any publicity is good publicity" included?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Magicme View Post
    Of course it is not up to the referees but that is why people are suggesting it should be up to referees.
    If the referees refuse to do it somebody has to be appointed at each game to check teamsheets.If you look at any other league table in Europe you dont see asterix beside a team name because they fielded an ineligible player. We are the laughing stock of Europe.It's about time FAI took their heads out of their arses and put some preventative measures in place.
    Galway United - Connacht Champions 2008

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    well said guisa
    Homer: I'm gonna make sure these deliveries are made on time.
    Bart: Let me come with you
    Homer: Dont you have school!
    Bart: Dont you have work!
    Homer: Ah Touche!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    whoa....dont all shout at me...just telling u what I heard!

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    55 Posts

will someone

tell the fai if you you take the t out of cant you can, they really are tossers, what does your man quigly the liverpool supporter and former president of the fai be doin in with his clipboard runnin around in front of the cameras every time their is a game on telly, surely someone like him could check the teamsheets he does crap all else

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast