Thread: Fenlons bellyfull of Kenny

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts

Fenlons bellyfull of Kenny

Fenlon slams Kenny Unison.ie-Friday 28th October

Shels boss puts boot in as war of words gets nasty

THE war of words about the off the field drama that could overshadow this season's eircom League title race continued last night when Shelbourne manager Pat Fenlon told Stephen Kenny, his opposite number at Derry, that people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones.

Fenlon was enraged by comments made by Kenny in the aftermath of the Candystripes' 2-0 win in Tuesday's top of the table clash.

The Derry manager said that it would be a scandal if their title rivals got three points back from next Wednesday's appeal into the decision of the league to simply deduct Bohemians three points for fielding the suspended Jason McGuinness in their 2-1 win over Shels in August.

Shels insist that they should get the three points from the game, citing previous UEFA cases as evidence, or at the very least get to replay the match.

And Fenlon has hit back at Kenny's comments, accusing Derry of being hypocritical, considering that they successfully used off the field processes to escape a three-point penalty for fielding the suspended Sean Hargan in a league game.

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen", fumed Fenlon.

"I've had a bellyful of his comments in the paper about things being won on the pitch. If he's serious about that, then he needs to look at the bigger picture where he gained points on us in the Dublin City fiasco."

When the decision was made to expunge the defunct club's games from the record, Derry gained three points as they had lost one of their matches with the Vikings whereas Shels had won on both occasions.

"Stephen's got to look at the bigger picture and not just say things the way he wants it," continued Fenlon.

"They're complaining about us making a complaint against Jason McGuinness yet they were willing to go down the same road to get Sean Hargan off suspension."

"There's a case here of stones and glass houses and they need to be very careful about what road they want to go down."

In the event of Shelbourne's appeal being unsuccessful, they are likely to take the matter further. This one could run and run.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Someone'e feeling the pressure
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Ah boo ****ing hoo Nutsy...
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fenlon 2006:

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen......................

Keegan 1996

"I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that - we have not resorted to that. But I'll tell ya - you can tell him now if you're watching it - we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something, and... and I tell you honestly, I'd love it if we beat them - love it."

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wws View Post
    Fenlon 2006:

"I've kept my peace on it a little bit but I can't any longer after hearing some of the crap that's come out from Stephen......................

Keegan 1996

"I've kept really quiet, but I'll tell you something: he went down in my estimation when he said that - we have not resorted to that. But I'll tell ya - you can tell him now if you're watching it - we're still fighting for this title, and he's got to go to Middlesbrough and get something, and... and I tell you honestly, I'd love it if we beat them - love it."

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    He has a point though.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    So, when the season finally does end, we'll have all have to put together the actual tables by taking three points off Derry, possibly three points off Shelbourne, adding three points onto Rovers and three points onto Bohs.

And Scully gets fined for saying the league is a mess?
    Champions.
    16 leagues & 24 cups.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Scullys 3 grand fine really is a joke when you look at some of the goings on this season, better off constantly whinging like Kenny or Fenlon to a lesser extent and nothing happens to you

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Passive View Post
    So, when the season finally does end, we'll have all have to put together the actual tables by taking three points off Derry, possibly three points off Shelbourne, adding three points onto Rovers and three points onto Bohs.

And Scully gets fined for saying the league is a mess?
    eh? sorry ure non league and this doesn't impact on your league table

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    The Administration of the Eircom League are to blame here. Not Fenlon, not Kenny and certainly not Scully whose fine still baffles me, especially when taken in the context of the fine Rico got for actually calling an official corrupt live on National television.

Fenlons right to appeal is valid in this case. There is UEFA precedent. Kenny maybe should have kept his powder dry especially over the Hargan issue. The powers that be in Irish football live in Balamory....they certainly have the mental capacity of someone who does.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Fenlon's appeal is a joke, particularly when they knew beforehand and refused to point it out. The precedent in ireland is to dock the club 3 points.
    54,321 sold - wws will never die - ***
    ---
    New blog if anyone's interested - http://loihistory.wordpress.com/
    LOI section on balls.ie - http://balls.ie/league-of-ireland/

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joeSoap View Post
    The powers that be in Irish football live in Balamory....they certainly have the mental capacity of someone who does.
    Ah Joe, the good citizens of Balamory are way above the intelligence of FAI/League Officals in this country

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    The administration of the league is a joke.

Rovers point deduction is the most idiotic. They didn't know that someoone was suspended as they were not informed - and they had a valid argument that the bookings should not have counted when the results of Dublin City were expunged.

Hargans suspension row - again - FAI's fault. No one, not even the press or any administrators of any club could have imformed Derry that Sean Hargan was suspended. He was allowed to play three games. For God's sake - that's the FAI's fault.

Don't know the ins and outs of the McGuiness suspension, but Bohs haven't appealed. Shels have though. In parallell with the Shamrock ROvers case above - will Rovers opponents on the game in question Dundalk get their three points, if Shels are awarded them?

There has been a call for a replay, but again this will only give Bohs the opportunity for the points, which is idiotic.

Confused?

Welcome to the Eircom League.

Let's see if they fine Kenny for his rant in the first place.

JOKERS.
    As Irishmen we dilute our sense of nation by depending on the English to bring us our balls

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fenlon has a point though about the Dublin thing. Derry got a bonus 3 points for a game they lost.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    43 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse View Post
    Fenlon has a point though about the Dublin thing. Derry got a bonus 3 points for a game they lost.

He does, Derry were fortunate in that respect, but Cork and other clubs as well as Shels lost out on the decision. No appeals from those clubs. Most people agreed at the time that that was the only decision they could have made though. It looks like Kenny was looking for a reaction from the FAI but he got one from Fenlon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    If the benchmark is a €5k fine for the type of comments made by Scully... then Kenny's comments which in a more overt way than Scully could be interputed as an attack on the offfices of FAI and were made whilst the issue in question is in effect "sub judice"... I wonder how much of a fine will the FAI impose on Kenny ?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I am not to often back Fenlon but he is totally correct about Stephen Kennys comments. I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.
    Dubious technicality??

I dont understand this UEFA precedent stuff.

The uefa u21 championships are played under a different rule book than the Eircom League. There are loads of differences in the rules. Madness.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    123 Posts
    ah but the mental capicty of the admin of the eircom league is only matched by the sheer stupity of the administrators of clubs
    I wish i did not know then what I dont know now

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    I am not to often back Fenlon but he is totally correct about Stephen Kennys comments. I can't see how Kenny can criticise Shels when Derry used a dubious technicality to keep their own 3 points.
    Dubious technicality my arse!! Our solicitor proved that the FAI did NOT send us notice of Sean Hargans suspension. Why the hell should we be punished for something that wasnt our fault. As for Fenlons rant, thats a sign of pressure to rant at your rival. He complained that we over-celebrated. Who is he to tell us how to celebrate.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast