Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Roddy and Dan McDonnell to talk about Shels farce...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Roddy and Dan McDonnell to talk about Shels farce...

...on Newstalk 106-108 in a mo...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    www.newstalk.ie

- WinAmp
    - Real Audio

by phone: 1890 453106
    by fax: 01 6611602
    by email: info@newstalk.ie
    by text: 53106

* Station Editor - Garrett Harte
    garrett@newstalk.ie

* News Director - John Keogh
    johnkeogh@newstalk.ie

* Sports Editor - Ger Gilroy
    jerry@newstalk.ie

* Sales Director - Cera Ward
    cward@newstalk.ie

* Marketing Director - Michael Markey
    mjmarkey@newstalk.ie

* HR & Operations Director – Olive Cummins
    olive@newstalk.ie
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    erm... do we really need to know all of those email addresses?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    One can only agree with Sligo Fans last sunday about Roddy and self- abuse
    A patriot is someone who knows how to hate his country properly.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonofstan View Post
    One can only agree with Sligo Fans last sunday about Roddy and self- abuse
    Get it right. It was the Derry fans

The studio was build above the away fans entrance/exit from the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    What was the panels consensus? (dare I ask?)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BohsBohsBohs View Post
    Anyone think the standard of Newstalk has gone down since it went national?

Slightly off topic... but yes...

Moncrief and Hook are great though!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Luke O'Riordan View Post
    Slightly off topic... but yes...

Moncrief and Hook are great though!

****ing students. Students and the unemployed, they're the only people who get to listen to Moncrief.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Listen to the repeats at about 3 in the mornin....

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaime View Post
    Students and the unemployed, they're the only people who get to listen to Moncrief.
    Normally catch half an hour - 8am - 4pm are my hours. Breakfast show is okay, and normally stick with it since it's a half 6 start as opposed to 7 for boring Ireland. Mid morning is crap though, Orla Barry is rubbish and Brenda Power's show is awful and really reflects the paper she writes for - DIM

Back on topic, what did Shoddy and Daniel McD have to say? I would expect them to share the same views as the thread here?

Back off topic - excellent by the Derry fans on Sunday, took me back to the Stretty and Elton Welsby
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Roddy agrees with the replay of the game
    dan just gave a rundown of what was goin on to sound of radios being switched off throughout the land!

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    For once I agree with Roddy! Though if Shels were given a walk over i.e. 3 points then that would be OK too, though the fairest is a replay. If Ronaldinho was suspended and played against Chelsea the other day what do you think UEFA would do?

Good to see Derry are looking after the interests of the League and Irish Football in general:

In a statement, the Board of Directors said: “We wish to reassure all supporters and fans of the club both in Derry and elsewhere, that we intend, as a Board, to protect robustly and resolutely the interests of our club.

I can see Ollie's point about the fact that Shels would have 3 points more than Shels based on matches versus Dublin City but I think if everybody gets nothing from their games with Dublin City then that's fair enough.
    By originally deducting 3 points from Bohs they were punishing Bohs and in a way punishing Shels too ( where did the three points go then? ) so a replay is probably fair enough -let it be settled on the pitch. Will the same player still be 'suspended' ? Surely that would be fair too?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelsman View Post
    Good to see Derry are looking after the interests of the League and Irish Football in general:
    And we have a winner in the Pots and Kettles category of the Post of the Year competition.

Jesus wept, do you even see the irony in what you've just said?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts
    Will the same player still be 'suspended' ? Surely that would be fair too?
    Only if they also replay the game in which he actually served the suspension as well. Otherwise he'd be serving his one match ban twice - not in the spirit of fair play shels are such fans of.
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

garyderry
    For once I agree with Roddy! Though if Shels were given a walk over i.e. 3 points then that would be OK too, though the fairest is a replay. If Ronaldinho was suspended and played against Chelsea the other day what do you think UEFA would do?

In a statement, the Board of Directors said: “We wish to reassure all supporters and fans of the club both in Derry and elsewhere, that we intend, as a Board, to protect robustly and resolutely the interests of our club.

I can see Ollie's point about the fact that Shels would have 3 points more than Shels based on matches versus Dublin City but I think if everybody gets nothing from their games with Dublin City then that's fair enough.
    By originally deducting 3 points from Bohs they were punishing Bohs and in a way punishing Shels too ( where did the three points go then? ) so a replay is probably fair enough -let it be settled on the pitch. Will the same player still be 'suspended' ? Surely that would be fair too?

as $h3l$ and the FAI have decided to change the rules mid season to suit $h3l$ at the expense of the league as a whole, of course derry must act in the best interests of derry, oillie obviously thinks he can bully and push everyone around, its about time someone stood up to him.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Surely the best thing is that the punishment should be set in stone in the rulebook and not open to interpretation i.e. for every offence there should be an exact punishment specified, then there can be no debate, appeals and so on.

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,269 Posts

What utter drivel, though unsurprising from a Shels fan.

A replay is not fair, or indeed legal. In 1999/00, Kilkenny beat Limerick 3-2. Kilkenny had played in ineligible player, and a replay was ordered, which Kilkenny won 1-0. However, a civil judge later ruled that this replay was void and that the league had no powers to order a replay. What is at issue here, therefore, is that -

(a) The FAI have overruled the league and made their own decision which is in breach of the league's own rules as decided by a civil judge
    (b) You seem to think that a decision which is illegal is fair and
    (c) You seem to think that Derry are somehow wrong to be seeking an illegal judgement to be overruled.

Shels fans in general appear to actually think that Ollie is right and good in this instance, even though the precedent tells us that he is wrong, and that that precedent does not come from the league itself but from a court of law. And they wonder why their club is hated so much.

On this case, I can only assume that, seeing as the precendent exists for the ruling to be invalidated in a court of law, Derry's appeal will succeed, the 2-1 win for Bohs will be reinstated and Derry will again be three points behind Shels with a game in hand.

You then call for an exact penalty for every offence. Do you have any idea how stupidly impractical this is? Human stupidity knows no bounds, and more so when you have people like Ollie and the FAI involved. It would be impossible to legislate for every single possible f***-up.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    In 1999/00, Kilkenny beat Limerick 3-2.
    Clearly the FAI didn't do too much research on the issue and had forgotten about this one - but wasn't it Dundalk who were the others involved?
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by harpskid View Post
    wasn't it Dundalk who were the others involved?
    Dundalk were vying with Kilkenny for promotion that year, similar to Derry's position now.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs down

What utter drivel, though unsurprising from a Shels fan..
    Very harsh and very unfair.

A replay is not fair, or indeed legal. ..
    It depends what you call legal -legal as in the eL rulebook or legal as in Ireland's laws ( I doubt anything in the latter was breached ). If the FAI are breaking or ignoring a rule in the eL rulebook then that is ridiculous behaviour by them, outrageous really! I don't have a copy of the rulebook it so I can't say. Do you?

However, a civil judge later ruled that this replay was void and that the league had no powers to order a replay..
    Not sure how the Nation's laws have anything to do with football ( why bother with a rule book if the courts are going to decide everything. But yeah, if they have no powers by their own rules to order a replay then that is not fair ).

(b) You seem to think that a decision which is illegal is fair and ..
    Again, I don't own a copy of the rulebook, and if it is against the written rules to order a replay then I don't think it is fair.

(c) You seem to think that Derry are somehow wrong to be seeking an illegal judgement to be overruled...
    No. The rules should be followed by all clubs. It was the statement that Derry made that I didn't like which said that they would do what was best for Derry City FC ( no mention of football in general ) i.e. it implied that they would do whatever they had to to win the league on or off the pitch -seems like they're contradicting their manager there. Maybe ( like Fenlon ) I'm reading too much between the lines.

You then call for an exact penalty for every offence. Do you have any idea how stupidly impractical this is?
    Very harsh words and again unfair. Would you rather have 'general' rules or 'guidelines' ? At the very least, if there is something not covered by the rulebook that causes a problem they should amend the rulebook each time with an exact penalty before the start of the next season -is this stupidly impractical???

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast