Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 58 of 60 FirstFirst ... 8485657585960 LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,160 of 1197

Thread: Sean St. Ledger

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Has had knee surgery and will be out for another four to six weeks: http://www.coloradorapids.com/post/2...l-knee-surgery
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    I might go to see him play along with Kevin Doyle in LA this coming Wednesday, any update on his injury?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the doc View Post
    You never let us down in the green shirt.

Gutted for you, wishing you all the best in the future.
    Are you retiring, Sean?

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Are you retiring, Sean?
    Don't know if it is in anyway related, but it is one year ago since SSL got the arse from Orlando. Maybe Taylor Swift has told him he will never play for Ireland again, just saying.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Didn't he sign for Colorado after that?
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Didn't he sign for Colorado after that?
    Just a random reply to a cryptic post!

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    857 Posts
    Quietly now while I turn a page
    Act one is over without costume change
    The principal would like to leave the stage
    The crowd don't understand ��
    Hopefully you too will leave the stage, this one, this quiet corner of the internet, if indeed the nearly man that is SSL's days masquerading as a pro athlete have drawn to a gentle unheralded & distant close, after much misguided and ultimately unwarranted drum banging in his favour by your good self. Chap.

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    162 Posts
    What's the deal with Sean St. Ledger? Is he back from injury yet? Colorado are doing really well this season, six points out of top spot in the Western Conference with three matches in hand.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Change the record, how many Caps you got? Ever felt the priceless experience of putting on the green shirt? Ever scored a goal for your country? Ever experienced and been privileged to play in front of our wonderful fans?
    I have a sneaking suspicion that you have.

10. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    357 Posts
    Sean, put us out of our misery. We all hope that you are fine and can continue to play football. Your efforts for your country are much appreciated and valued, but stop this cr#p and tell us what is going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    What's the deal with Sean St. Ledger? Is he back from injury yet? Colorado are doing really well this season, six points out of top spot in the Western Conference with three matches in hand.
    That's almost LOI-like in scheduling.
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    52 Posts
    And now, the end is near
    And so I face the final curtain
    My friend, I'll say it clear
    I'll state my case, of which I'm certain
    I've lived a life that's full
    I traveled each and every highway
    And more, much more than this, I did it my way.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Good luck in retirement, Sean. Hopefully you don't spend it all hanging around on message boards.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DeLorean View Post
    While I hope that Sledge can recover and extend his career at a decent level, I think the headline is a bit hyberbolic, implying that he could end up like poor Dave Langan or other pre-90s players who ended up in financial straits. In reality St Ledger spent eight seasons at Championship clubs, where the average salary is 250000 pounds, and earned $147000 and $194000 in his two seasons in the MLS. So even if this turns out to be the end of the playing road for him, he should have enough of a nest-egg to tide him over until he gets set up in a new career (yes, I know, he's a footballer, so that's not a given) - he is about to turn 32, so he would be within sight of the end of his playing days anyway - it's not as though he had his playing career cut particularly short like Keith O'Neill or Richard Sadlier.

That said, I hope he does recover fully within the 6-8 weeks mentioned and doesn't give up on getting a chance at a club in England before the end of the season because I'm sure there will be teams either pushing for promotion or scrapping against relegation who could do with a rested former international to add some fresh impetus to a tiring squad. Failing that, find another MLS team before the season starts in March (but don't breach club policies!). If he can manage that, perhaps he can still have a productive few years left. After all, Damien Delaney only had a handful of Premier League appearances under his belt early his career before he returned to that level at the age of 32 - he since played over 100 times in the EPL.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Yeah I was thinking that about the money side of things too but he does seem to reference it himself saying that he's paying for his rehab out of his own pocket. If he's managed to blow most of what he's earned I don't think he can expect much sympathy for that though.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    At this stage, there's hardly too many clubs who would take a punt on him in England beyond a League Two side you'd imagine.

His best option is probably to find a player/coach role in Ireland and finish his badges under the FAI. With the underage system stretching to u-15's here, you'd think one of the Dublin sides would be well able to give him a role there.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    604 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    At this stage, there's hardly too many clubs who would take a punt on him in England beyond a League Two side you'd imagine.

His best option is probably to find a player/coach role in Ireland and finish his badges under the FAI. With the underage system stretching to u-15's here, you'd think one of the Dublin sides would be well able to give him a role there.
    I think you're writing him off way too early there - he's only just about to turn 32 and defenders can generally play until their mid-30s so if he can get fit again there's no reason to believe he won't get another 3 full seasons from his career before retirement. His ability hasn't disappeared as Colorado were willing to fork out $200000 per year for his services. Based on that he should probably aim to get a couple of months with a League One team pushing for promotion, a Championship team trying to avoid relegation, or another MLS team as long as he can show that whatever disciplinary issues he had at Orlando are behind him. As I noted, in England he would be have the advantage of being fresh and well rested, while teammates and opponents would be coming to the end of a long season and so could be tired. So if he gets fit and is focused, he should be aiming to find a club by the end of February/mid-March

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by samhaydenjr View Post
    I think you're writing him off way too early there - he's only just about to turn 32 and defenders can generally play until their mid-30s so if he can get fit again there's no reason to believe he won't get another 3 full seasons from his career before retirement. His ability hasn't disappeared as Colorado were willing to fork out $200000 per year for his services. Based on that he should probably aim to get a couple of months with a League One team pushing for promotion, a Championship team trying to avoid relegation, or another MLS team as long as he can show that whatever disciplinary issues he had at Orlando are behind him. As I noted, in England he would be have the advantage of being fresh and well rested, while teammates and opponents would be coming to the end of a long season and so could be tired. So if he gets fit and is focused, he should be aiming to find a club by the end of February/mid-March
    I don't see where I wrote him off or suggested retirement. A player/coach role in Ireland would be looking to the future though. 32 and a string of injuries means that, yes, he has around 3 good years left in him. Those 3 years won't be long flying in and if he has already successful coaching experience under his belt by that point, he'll have little problem in finding more work should he need to move on.

Besides, he'd have a chance to finally play European football here. Something he'll not get in League One.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I'd love to see Dundalk offer him a year. Could fill the gap Boyle is leaving.