Thread: Flares and Pitch Invasions

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts

Flares and Pitch Invasions

Press Release

At the last Board of Management meeting the following resolution was passed. The concept is taken on similar lines to what already occurs for clubs competing in UEFA controlled tournaments.

‘The use of flares at eircom League matches is prohibited. Should fans of any club be reported to be using flares before, during or after matches they will be fined by the eircom League. This fine will be levied at €500 per match where flares are used. The Fair Play Officer and match official will be responsible for the reporting of any flares lit at matches.’

Along similar lines, action will be made regarding post match pitch invasions by fans. It is crucial that as attendances rise there is an increased need for the safety and well being of fans, players and match officials. There are serious security risks, particularly when players and officials must leave the pitch through a crowd of fans. The new legislation brought in by the League and agreed with by all the clubs signifies a desire to change the culture of attending eircom League matches.

The new clause added at the Board of Management Meeting continues,

‘Pitch invasions at any time before, during or after the match are prohibited. Clubs are responsible for the good behaviour of fans. Everything possible must be done by the clubs to keep all fans off the pitch. Fans should only be on the pitch in case of an emergency such as a fire assembly point. If fans enter the field of play the home club will be liable to pay a fine of €500. Should the fans of the away team enter the field of play and the home club has done everything possible top keep the fans off the pitch, then this fine will be given to the away club. The reporting of pitch invasions will be the responsibility of the referee and the fair play assessor.’

This measure has been taken in the best interests of all concerned and has been designed as a way of bringing the rules of the eircom League in line with those of UEFA and many other countries across Europe.

End.

Donie

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    This is all coming from Uefa so about time were some consequences of clubs infringing on the flare ban.

Flares are over-rated anyway plus as they say 'only takes one accident to take someones eye out'

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Flares are over-rated anyway plus as they say 'only takes one accident to take someones eye out'
    at last, an opportunity to disagree with ya again Pete

Don´t see all the fuss about flares- i think they´re great for athmosphere, and f they´re used properly, they´re fine.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna
    i think they´re great for athmosphere, and f they´re used properly, they´re fine.
    Not everyones as responsible as your self Éanna...
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by pete
    Not everyones as responsible as your self Éanna...

Ok then, how about a fans petition to the FAI and UEFA suggesting that flares be outlawed unless I use them

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    It will be quite difficult to enforce any ban on flares, I see they are still going strong in Richmond Park anyway, but I agree that they are over-rated, there are plenty of other ways of creating a fine atmosphere at a game.
    ONE CITY, ONE TEAM.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Jaime
    It will be quite difficult to enforce any ban on flares, I see they are still going strong in Richmond Park anyway, but I agree that they are over-rated, there are plenty of other ways of creating a fine atmosphere at a game.
    If the ban can´t be enforced, they´ll probably just fine the clubs. No reason why they can´t be allowed as long as proper precautions are taken. Might be wrong but I think Pats had a system before whereby certain people identified themselves to the club as people who would use flares, and they were allowed, no-one else. So if there was any hassle, names etc were known.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts

Re: Flares and Pitch Invasions

Originally posted by The Donie Forde
    Should the fans of the away team enter the field of play and the home club has done everything possible top keep the fans off the pitch, then this fine will be given to the away club
    What if the away fans dress like home fans when they are away and invade the pitch, does the home team get the away teams fine because the away fans were seen to be "at home". This could cause havoc because the home fans of the home game could travel away to the next game and dress like home fans in an attempt to get revenge on the away fans posing as home fans when the were actually away in the last game.

Lads ..... it'll end in tears i'm telling ya !!
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Neil

Re: Re: Flares and Pitch Invasions

Originally posted by A face
    What if the away fans dress like home fans when they are away
    Yeah, like if a load of Cork City fans went to Dalymount Park dressed in 1980's shiny Shellsuits and wearing trainers with their toes hanging out the top, and go around shouting "Bouwizzzz" how would they distinguish us from the locals?

Godless Commie Scum
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    436 Posts

Re: Re: Flares and Pitch Invasions

Originally posted by A face

What if the away fans dress like home fans when they are away and invade the pitch, does the home team get the away teams fine because the away fans were seen to be "at home".
    Actually I already consider this course of action at the $h€l$ european game last season.....

On the flare thing - anyone want to buy 2 red flares????
    If you attack me with stupidity, I'll be forced to defend myself with sarcasm.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Re: Re: Flares and Pitch Invasions

Originally posted by Neil
    Yeah, like if a load of Cork City fans went to Dalymount Park dressed in 1980's shiny Shellsuits and wearing trainers with their toes hanging out the top, and go around shouting "Bouwizzzz" how would they distinguish us from the locals?
    They probably would, cos I doubt if we could EVER manage that idiotic pigeon-like strut most of them have perfected

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    You'd be given away when you say "Doubtcha Bowez boy" though.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Schumi
    You'd be given away when you say "Doubtcha Bowez boy" though.
    don´tyou mean "Doubtcha Bohs boy LIKE YA L@NGER YA" ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Originally posted by Éanna

don´tyou mean "Doubtcha Bohs boy LIKE YA L@NGER YA" ?
    I thought you might have some tact and try to blend in a little.

I'd probably be easier just to go to a Rovers game in a Celtic shirt and say "iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii " for most of the game.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.