balla 3 southend 0

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    St Pats 2.1 Lisnagry

A bit of a battle from what i hear. 2 off and 97 bookings

wasnt there but i was told both red cards were a bit harsh. if the ref had keep his cards in his pocket both teams could have finished with 11/

i hear the pats man was sent off for atacking the ball and he didnt touch the goalkeeper when he saved it

From wat im told Linagry were harshly down to 10 men when he booked Martin Byrnes for a second time for doin nothin

Old Keeper - wat did st pats think

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    wembley 5-1 trinity......

awful match 3 nil up after 10 mins then morgan lewis took a clean ball and center forward came in with a sliding tackle 20 seconds too late....if the ref had been up with the play it would of been a red card......

ul 7-1 caherdavin

see's it you seem to be always at the caherdavin matches.... what happened..... heard meehan was givin out first minute to the last at his own players...... they must of been bad.........

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Coonagh 6 Bilboa 0

Bilboa showed up with 9 players. 5-0 at half time and blown up 15 mins into second half.
    18 times, and that's a fact.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soccer Lover View Post
    St Pats 2.1 Lisnagry

A bit of a battle from what i hear. 2 off and 97 bookings

wasnt there but i was told both red cards were a bit harsh. if the ref had keep his cards in his pocket both teams could have finished with 11/

i hear the pats man was sent off for atacking the ball and he didnt touch the goalkeeper when he saved it

From wat im told Linagry were harshly down to 10 men when he booked Martin Byrnes for a second time for doin nothin

Old Keeper - wat did st pats think
    Hi SL

There was an awful lot of whining from both sides, there were a lot of yellows but they were for the most part given for dissent. the First sending off was a st pats player who challenged for the ball as the keeper was also going for the ball. the ref deemed it serious foul play and gave a straight red, the ref was in a better position than me or anyone on the sideline, so can only get on with the game after that.
    The Lisnagry sending off was after a challenge on a st pats player the ref saw the lisnagry player squaring up to the st pats player who duly returned the complement and both were shown yellow, unfortunately the lisnagry player had been booked before that. All in all I think the ref had a good enough game he had to put up with some very persistent whining.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    20 Games played 16 home wins 4 away wins 2 games off
    All results posted on the website

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysham View Post

awful match 3 nil up after 10 mins then morgan lewis took a clean ball and center forward came in with a sliding tackle 20 seconds too late....if the ref had been up with the play it would of been a red card......

ul 7-1 caherdavin

see's it you seem to be always at the caherdavin matches.... what happened..... heard meehan was givin out first minute to the last at his own players...... they must of been bad.........
    wat happened caherdavin??????????????????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    was at the game caherdavin were bad don't know how they are top of 1a ..aisling are playing well these days

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by UL Boys View Post
    was at the game caherdavin were bad don't know how they are top of 1a ..aisling are playing well these days
    Caherdavin are not top of 1A. They are starting to crumble, they haven't won in there last 4 games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scoobysham View Post

They started well but heads dropped after they went a few behind, some but not all caherdavin players gave up, Aisling scored some good goals on the day.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i heard 4 of the goals were scored in the last 10 mins when caherdavin had givin up

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    sounds about right

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Holycross 5 St Pauls 3

ok game went 2-0 up then got penalty decision against us, we missed lots of chances in second half before they got equaliser great strike. we scored two quick goals to restore lead before conceding own goal then got late goal to seal win..

got tough draw next round at Balla

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Would anybody like to discuss as to the merits of having teams from the lower leagues playing the likes of the premier sides in both the national and provincial cups. There were alot of lobsided scoreline yesterday.
    I believe that there should be a seeding where the lower divisions play against each other first and then the qualifiers from this go into the open draw.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post
    Would anybody like to discuss as to the merits of having teams from the lower leagues playing the likes of the premier sides in both the national and provincial cups. There were alot of lobsided scoreline yesterday.
    I believe that there should be a seeding where the lower divisions play against each other first and then the qualifiers from this go into the open draw.
    has some valid points to it, but why shouldn't the lower divisions play against the higher teams. its always good to see least one underdog having there day in the cup.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Hi Holylcross, I still believe that the lower divisions should be able to play against their higher divisional opponents. I just think that the lower division teams should play each other for the right to enter the open draw. You then might find that alot of the cricket scores may be avoided, while the chance of a shock still will exist however slim that chance may be.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronald View Post

it is good to have the lower league teams involved. It helps some good teams get an easy run to out of town stages.
    maybe to spice it up the team playing in the lower division should automatically get home advantage !

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    It also allows managers to start players who are usually only subs to give them a run out and prove themselves.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i think an open draw is what soccer is all about because its all about on the day anything can happen

look how the champions league has reverted to more knock out rounds because it was becoming to boring

seeding teams is what the leagues do

Page 1 of 35 12311 ... LastLast