Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stand Started

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Thumbs up Stand Started

The South stand has started on Tuesday. It shouldn' be too long in construction. It comes pre built so all that is needed is foundations to be put in place and then it should all just peice together like a mecano set.
    Whatever about getting promoted and having the facilities to do so if we have a new redeveloped grounds and clubhouse then it will have to draw crowds back to St Colmans Park. A lot of thought and research will have to go in to how to get the crowds. Something like Cork City's 'carnival' atmostphere to make it a family experience. New thoughts and ideas! Aiming at getting young support should be number one. The 'shed' atmosphere was ruined by the club last year as they said they wanted that area to be a family area. With the new stands I feel the 'Singing Supporters' area will have to be given their own area. It adds huge atmostphere to a game, the team love it and there are a lot bigger crowds attending. If they find their spot then the families can find theirs after.
    We are playing attractive football with a lot of local skill I know we have faded out at the end of this season and last but with a young team and fairly inexperienced manager we have done well.
    Steveo has gained a lot of experince himself and will only come back stronger next year. He has a lot of flaws still, not getting players settled in the team is his major one at the moment, there is too much chopping and changing but I am confident in him getting us up to the top flight within the next two years.
    The trophies will come, and there will be a lot of exciting football to come and what the club needs is support and word to go out about how good the football is not critisism for not being in the Prem div. With support it will come and hopefully we will be a thriving club with trophies.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

here we go

about time for the stand we knew it was comin what annoyed me was the delays but im delighted it has begun readin FAI.IE yesterday the montly reports on a fisrt division club has ramblers this month they said the stand will be completed in december planing permission for kirkwood villas stand has been granted and tere going for the grant soon it said and the last stand at the clubhouse end will be done in 2008 waitin is horrible but we'll just have to i suppose next step i think is names for the lovely tree new stand were gettin. any ideas
    Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Rebel Ram View Post
    The South stand has started on Tuesday. It shouldn' be too long in construction. It comes pre built so all that is needed is foundations to be put in place and then it should all just peice together like a mecano set.
    Whatever about getting promoted and having the facilities to do so if we have a new redeveloped grounds and clubhouse then it will have to draw crowds back to St Colmans Park. A lot of thought and research will have to go in to how to get the crowds. Something like Cork City's 'carnival' atmostphere to make it a family experience. New thoughts and ideas! Aiming at getting young support should be number one. The 'shed' atmosphere was ruined by the club last year as they said they wanted that area to be a family area. With the new stands I feel the 'Singing Supporters' area will have to be given their own area. It adds huge atmostphere to a game, the team love it and there are a lot bigger crowds attending. If they find their spot then the families can find theirs after.
    We are playing attractive football with a lot of local skill I know we have faded out at the end of this season and last but with a young team and fairly inexperienced manager we have done well.
    Steveo has gained a lot of experince himself and will only come back stronger next year. He has a lot of flaws still, not getting players settled in the team is his major one at the moment, there is too much chopping and changing but I am confident in him getting us up to the top flight within the next two years.
    The trophies will come, and there will be a lot of exciting football to come and what the club needs is support and word to go out about how good the football is not critisism for not being in the Prem div. With support it will come and hopefully we will be a thriving club with trophies.
    Good post rebel Ram. Nice to hear some optimism on the future and you made some good points above which hopefully will be looked into. Why not mention some of the above to a committee member also as sometimes we presume everyone knows what we are thinking but sometimes it needs said to the right people also to kickstart new ideas.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Hendo was supposed to get us up this year not 2 years time.

If the club have to bank roll him for another 2 years they will be broke. 5000 a week wage bill.There was only about 100 people in the ground on Saturday that is not going to keep the club going!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    agree wages have to be cut players let go, wages were 50,000 last year and were doubled this year to 100,000 (not to sure if its correct dont quote me) because he done so well for his first season he got everything he wanted like a spoiled kid at christmass and he ****ed it up for himself if he stays he has a lot to make up for next year we want promotion now not two years. lets look at some waste of money colin p wanted got got rid of bruts 10-15 goals a seaon sat on the bench for most of it john meade captain!
    dont think so mucky for captain john on the wing cause a kid can see it suits him much better and mucky left back our mid hes good anywhere you play him, lets not forget that rock of a defender we gave to waterford for half a seaon brossie why did he go? hope it wasnt a falling out cause the club comes first, these are the baffling decisions we must deal with hes gotta get his act together our leave. if he does good next year ill hold my hand up and say im wrong and be happy i was wrong but if im right were ****ed
    long live the ramblers
    Last edited by don ramo; 19/10/2006 at 8:08 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Who are we gonna bring in next year? Any ideas lads? Any youth players good enough to progress into the first team?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    What part of the ground is this new stand in?
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

dawn view side

the new stand will replace the shack at the dawn view end by the main gate hope it doesnt rain staurday the stand will be packed hopefully anyway, sure the last game at home to limerick was a war zone limerick given a pentalty that wasnt and sergent majoy (eddie foley) and his crew (butterworth and kelly) should have being kicked out of football for there performance only mikey saved us in a game we should have won, this was the last game where i really saw the crowd worked up for a game, so lets see how many come out for this one its a battle for fourth place at he moment but i believe if we win all remaining fixtures 2nd our 3rd might be up for grabs sure they have a few games between themselfs yet lets keep the faith and a get a crowd behind the team for the run in fourth is shockin

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    the new stand will replace the shack at the dawn view end by the main gate
    Is that the opposite end to the bar?

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    No as he says when you come into the ground by the main gate.

Fair play to Cobh. Will it be up for the presntation of the First Diviison trophy on the 17th of next month?

Will the bar be open that night?

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts
    Thanks, my memory of the ground is a bit fuzzy!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts

pub open

unfortunately the stand wont be done till december it'll be our pesent when we take the first division title form rovers on the last day of the season

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any pics of what it is going to look like? Is it all seater, what capacity?

sorry about all the questions

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I dont think theres any pics available.. It Is all seater i think its capacity will be 910..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    no pictures it is 910 seater it comes precast so its just sit it on top of the terrace with suppot colums and bolt the pieces together so theres no need to knock the wall our remove terracing all the seats will be removed and replaced by mainly blue seats proably some clarlet to spell out a few words, from what ive heard there goin for the grant for the kirkwood villa side next month best fo luck with the application but i cant see any complications really

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any idea on how much the new stand will cost and who is building it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    nt to sure the price somewhere between 400.000 and 700,000 suppose wouldnt know much and loftus are building it as far i know well they demolished the old one so id say they're building the new one to

Middle of No Where, The Center of Everywhere.
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Any chance of photos like what they are doing in Athlone lads?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    all thats done so far is the old stand has been levelled, there probably prepin the ground work, so no physical evidence of the stand yet

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by don ramo View Post
    all thats done so far is the old stand has been levelled, there probably prepin the ground work, so no physical evidence of the stand yet
    Presume that means the tv gantry is gone? Would it not have made more sense to start this at season's end?

KOH

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast