Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No live semi finals but Net 2 have...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face Semi final highlights on tv

RTE not showing live as showing ....animals & Friends repeats instead

Oct 4 2002:
    19:30 Walking with Beasts Series looking at the lives of prehistoric mammals such as the smilodon, the largest of all sabre-tooth cats that lived in South America one million years ago
    20:05 Ultimate Guide An innovative guide to the most organised animal in the insect kingdom. The key to the success of ants is their highly developed social structure
    21:05 Friends The friends find out about Monica's worst ever Thanksgiving.

Now i paid my licence i can complain

TV2 showing highlights instead.

Both FAI Carlsberg Cup semi-final ties take place this weekend with Cork City meeting Derry City on Friday night and the big Dublin derby between Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians on Sunday afternoon. However, there is also plenty of action in the eircom League with Bohs aiming to take a 11 point lead on Wednesday.

Cork meet Derry in the first semi-final at Turners Cross on Friday night (Kick off 7:45) with Rovers and Bohemians playing on Sunday afternoon (Kick off 3:00) at Tolka Park. Highlights of both ties will be shown on TV3.
    http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: Semi final highlights on tv

Originally posted by pete
    21:05 Friends The friends find out about Monica's worst ever Thanksgiving.
    Hey thats a great episode

Now i paid my licence i can complain
    Feck it, complain anyway, licence fee or no licence fee, it´s just more double taxation anyway.

[SIZE=1]*bloodyflamin capitalist pigs etc*[/SIZE]

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Well at least we know that RTE care about Irish football

Bring on Rupert Murdoc
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Originally posted by Troy.McClure
    Well at least we know that RTE care about Irish football
    i thought twas the fai that cared about irish football..since when did rte claim that ?????

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Since they made that ridiculous claim that they were worried whole communities would be deprived of seeing Ireland internationals.
    Awww that was nice and totally unbiased of them.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

i see that rte

have announced tonight a package to show celtic matchs.
    keep up the good work lads

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Is hardly surprising that they are not showing the matches.
    TV3 are just starting out but it would nice to see an eircom League show instead of "the soccer show" or the "Sunday sport" things which were always used to cover other levels of soccer or other sports.
    One day it might happen. We are allowed to dream.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts

Re: i see that rte

Originally posted by eoinh
    have announced tonight a package to show celtic matchs.
    keep up the good work lads
    what other country in the world is so lucky with their national broadcaster. what magnificent patriots they are up there in RTE!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The national broadcaster not showing two of the three biggest games in the domestic season, the other being the Cup Final itself, is nothing short of a DISGRACE. Can anyone just imagine the trouble there'd be if English or Scottish TV decided not to show their respective Cup semis? RTE doesn't give a flying f*** anyway 'cause they know there's absolutely NO danger of us not paying our TV licence fees.

Murphy Out Now!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face

As a public service broadcaster (i.e. getting tv licence subsidy) are RTE not supposed to transmit some public service programmes through their schedule?

When was the last time RTE showed some "public service" football?

The Premiership, $eltic, European games etc... are all commercial shows just like Friends listed above.

What makes RTE any different from tv3 aside from me paying RTE a licence fee?

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    What makes RTE any different from tv3 aside from me paying RTE a licence fee?
    Nothing, which is why it´s a total sh@gging rip-off. The station´s bad enough anyway. But they keep going on about cost-cutting etc.,- how much do these "big games" across the water cost them, and how would they compare to broadcasting domestic soccer in terms of profit margins?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Red face

For RTE to show fridays game they wouldn't even have to move any popular shows as the 3 listed above are just repeat fillers anyway.

RTE are a state dinasoar (spelling???) & one the few things the last government did well was not giving RTE the extra tax payers cash they wanted to waste.

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    RTE are a state dinasoar (spelling???) & one the few things the last government did well was not giving RTE the extra tax payers cash they wanted to waste.
    they still gve them an increase didn´t they, just not as much as they wanted. any governemt worth it´s salt would shut RTE down or sell it asap. We pay a licence fee for it, and then our taxes go to bail it out as well

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    although I'm missing the semi I so glad I don't have to put up with the sh#te that rte pump out.

They should of got TG4 to do it
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    Originally posted by Dricky
    They should of got TG4 to do it
    think they may have celtic league rugby on friday...

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

From todays Independent

FAI officials want RTE back on board to cover Cup

Thursday October 3rd 2002

THE FAI want RTE to show Irish football on the nation's TV screens again!

Football's governing authority has invited the national broadcaster to cover the FAI Cup competition for the next four years.

Surprisingly, the rights to the FAI Cup were not part of the controversial ?7.5m package agreed between the FAI and Sky/TV3 last summer.

Now, the FAI are in the market for suitors and have written to RTE, who lost the rights to Sky to show live coverage of the Republic of Ireland's senior internationals, about coming back on board.

Ideally, the FAI want to tie down a four-year deal which would see both semi-finals, and the final, shown live.

"We'd be happy to cover the FAI Cup final later this month and will be talking to the FAI about that possibility, in addition to a longer deal involving the FAI Cup," said Niall Cogley, RTE's Head of TV Sport last night.

Cogley explained the reason why RTE were not covering either semi-final this weekend was because the station had been led to believe that the FAI had their "domestic coverage sorted out" after their much publicised deal in July with Sky and TV3.

"That deal sounded comprehensive and we were sure that either Sky or TV3 would be covering the FAI Cup but it has since come to light that the FAI Cup was not part of that contract," he said.

"When the FAI approached us about covering the semi-finals, we had already re-assigned resources set aside for the domestic game and were not in a position to do so," he added.

That RTE are prepared to talk business to the FAI suggests small bridges between Montrose and Merrion Square are being re-built after the summer blow-up.

While TV3 will provide highlights of the weekend semi-finals, involving Cork City and Derry City, and Shamrock Rovers and Bohemians, but the final on Sunday, October 27 at Tolka Park "will definitely be screened live by either TV3 or RTE," according to FAI general secretary Brendan Menton.

Menton has defended the Association's decision to play the Rovers-Bohs tie in direct competition to the Old Firm clash between Celtic and Rangers, which is being screened live by RTE and Sky Sports.

"The FAI Cup is the biggest and best domestic competition we have, it has a magnetic appeal for supporters and is strong enough to stand as a major sports events in its own right," he said.

"You can watch Celtic-Rangers games at least four times every season, but the FAI Cup semi-finals don't come around that often and that gives them a special status. On a point of principle, we decided against shifting Sunday's semi-final because of the TV alternative.

"I've no doubt the followers of the FAI Cup will stay loyal to Sunday's game at Tolka Park," he added.

Menton insisted the FAI was right to split the semi-finals between Friday night and Sunday afternoon.

"Before the draw we took a decision not to run the semi-finals on the same night against one another.

"In addition, the Rovers-Bohs tie has been identified by the gardai as a high-risk security game and, acting on their advice, we felt it was right to play it on Sunday afternoon," he added.

Philip Quinn

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    The only good thing to come of this is that ..... f#ck
    RTE shower of L#ngers
    FAI Cowboys
    Goverenment ..Enough said.

el footballs future lies with the club if it's treatment continues like this you will see a separate league set up and rightly so..
    It's only just begun...............
    If the last 21 years were class, here's looking forward to the next 21 years. It is our time

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I agree, FAI have messed up again & RTE continue their pety arguments.

"When the FAI approached us about covering the semi-finals, we had already re-assigned resources set aside for the domestic game and were not in a position to do so,"
    What the hell does that mean?

Bring back Rocketman!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    174 Posts

Re: From todays Independent

Originally posted by Wizzard
    "In addition, the Rovers-Bohs tie has been identified by the gardai as a high-risk security game and, acting on their advice, we felt it was right to play it on Sunday afternoon," he added.
    That's bo11ocks, the gardaí have said that they had no problem with the game being on Friday night.
    We're not arrogant, we're just better.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Re: From todays Independent

Originally posted by Wizzard

Cogley explained the reason why RTE were not covering either semi-final this weekend was because the station had been led to believe that the FAI had their "domestic coverage sorted out" after their much publicised deal in July with Sky and TV3.
    GIVE ME A BREAK. EVERYONE KNEW IT DIDNT COVER THE FAI CUP. THEY SHOULD HAVE JUST COME HERE TO ASK SOMEONE OR HAVE A QUICK READ OR INDEED RANG ME AT HOME AND I WOULD HAVE TOLD THEM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast