Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains

Thread: Why was Gaz dropped?

Neil

Why was Gaz dropped?

IS he another who disagreed with Gunther's 'tactics' and ends up out in the cold (or is it something else!)

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well he wasn´t injured, so he must have been dropped. Seems like a very odd decision. I mean, playing himself and Deccie together would have been the more obvious option - nothing against benno- and if he was determined to play benno, I would have thought maybe Gaz would have switched to left-back and left greg move back to midfield.

Certainly a strange one

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I think that Gunther had to find someone to blame and Gaz was the unlucky one.
    Gunther was determined to put Deccie back in the team as soon he was fit so someone was bound to lose out.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Greg has played well so he couldn't be dropped
    Benno is doing OK
    Gaz has had more than one or two lapses this season.

What I would say though is that Carey has to be "rested".
    When Hoggie is back, put Greg at RB.

As for the comment about Daly getting back in, by all accounts he had a good game on Friday.

Neil
    I agree, to an extent. I'd play Greg at RB. Daly and Gaz in the middle and Hoggy at LB. Put Benno back into the middle with Rennie. O'Grady came back too soon I'd say...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Originally posted by Neil
    O'Grady came back too soon I'd say...
    Yeah, there was no way he should have been playing on friday, he looked well below his usual standard and is not match fit yet.

As for Deccie, yeah he had a very good game apart from the fist 10 mins. He made one absolutley brilliant tackle on Judas.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Thumbs down

O'Grady is defiitely not match fit. Could see he was trying on friday but he was clarly struggling with the pace of the game.

Gaz has not looked good in recent games but maybe thats due to the extra amount of travelling he'd have had to do from dublin? Strange he be dropped for whats essentially a home game for him.

Fullback is probably the easiest position to play yet Carey continues to put in poor performance after another. His continued use of the hoof in all games would put Deccie to shame.

Greg has been playing very well lately & a move over to right back would cut out those sliced left footed clearances at left back.

Deccie did ok on friday although missed made errors the first 4 times he touched (or didn't) touch the ball. Bennet did very well & after city got into the game was allover Geoghan.

Unless Gaz is injured playing Carey on friday will tell us Gunther happy with his recent performances.

http://www.forastrust.ie/

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Originally posted by Neil
    I agree, to an extent. I'd play Greg at RB. Daly and Gaz in the middle and Hoggy at LB. Put Benno back into the middle with Rennie. O'Grady came back too soon I'd say...
    agreed. I think carey needs a rest

Originally posted by pete
    Unless Gaz is injured
    he´s not

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Ill take a stab in the dark here Pete and say your not a fan of Carey. Personably i think he is doing a good job, but when Hoggy is fit again, I would drop him and put GoH in RB.

Daly out though. HUGE step backwards.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Daly did well once the game settled down on Friday. He for me was the best City player. Conor was lost and I have to say I was surprised to see him back so soon.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I cant believe that some people are surprized that Gaz was dropped. His performance against Pats was probably the worst Ive ever seen from a city player (and yes Im including Hartigan and LO'B in that) and by all accounts he wasnt much better against Longford.

Im not a Carey fan either and I cant believe that he is still getting his game, at least for now. When Hoggie cames back it should be Greg, Deccie/Gaz, Benno and Hoggie.

Deccie played quite well after he figured out that the point of the game is to hit the ball with your foot (or head) instead of kicking the air next to it.

If midfield doesnt improve when Hoggie comes back I think that Greg should move into center mid, Gaz go at LB and Hoggie swap to RB and keep Sir Hoofalot in the middle just for his leadership alone.

Defending set peices must be sorted out! We are missing Judas No. 2's big head for them so much.

PS Billys cross for the goal was a peach!
    As I say, we're just young & a bit nieve.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    yea i wasnt too suprised gaz was dropped but then again i dont think too many of our defenders can claim to be immune from mistakes this year,
    recently gaz hasnt been playing well

greg did a great job at fullback against $hel$ but i duno that by playing him there we are missing an element of bite in midfield with rennie, as o'grady was a joke last friday night
    he was lethargic in everything he did, and should have been taken off long b4 HT

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts
    I think carey was a revelation when he first played for city as was fast & loved to attack the space in front of him.

I honestly cannot remember the last time Carey played any better than average. He continues to hoof the ball forward & his crossing has deteriated badly - he goes for the brilliant cross too many times when sometimes we just need to get the ball in early.

When Hoggie comes back Greg needs to go in at right fullback as hes been very impressive this season - one of the few battlers in away games.

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    gaz hasn´t been himself recently, fairn enough, but no player in defense has shone of late- I´m taking it that Greg counts as a midfielder here btw. Really the logical thing would have been Gaz to left back and then Deccie back to partner Benno, leaving Greg free to resume that handy partnership he had with renno in the middle.

Then again, it almost sounds like we´re talking about tactics here, and we all know they have no influence with murphy around

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I think carey was a revelation when he first played for city as was fast & loved to attack the space in front of him.

I honestly cannot remember the last time Carey played any better than average. He continues to hoof the ball forward & his crossing has deteriated badly - he goes for the brilliant cross too many times when sometimes we just need to get the ball in early.

When Hoggie comes back Greg needs to go in at right fullback as hes been very impressive this season - one of the few battlers in away games.
    couldn´t agree more. He´s a very good player, but you can´t just survive on reputation alone, form DOES count.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3 Posts

Wink

Originally posted by Éanna
    couldn´t agree more.

All this agreeing with me Éanna is freaking me out!

Bring back Rocketman!

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    All this agreeing with me Éanna is freaking me out!

[SIZE=1]*mr burns style*[/SIZE] [SIZE=4]EXCELLENT[/SIZE]