Page 1 of 378 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Robbie Keane

Two goals or not, what a god awful dispay from this man, I can't remember the last time he played well in a competetive international.

We need to find an instinctive striker from some where. give the lad at Sunderland a chance..

Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Condex
    Two goals or not, what a god awful dispay from this man, I can't remember the last time he played well in a competetive international.

We need to find an instinctive striker from some where. give the lad at Sunderland a chance..
    yeah!!! bring morrison on oh yeah he's injured ... i say make the most of what we have.

BTW who would you replace him with?
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    224 Posts
    Ya Gobs***e he's unbelievable,I'd like to see you go out and score for Ireland,in fact I'd like to see you even get on the bench for da boyz in Green.Gob
    Last edited by sligoman; 14/10/2004 at 6:00 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I dont care if robbie is our highest goal scorer ever Im a bit ****ed with him! Personally I am more impressed with Morrison who at least works his socks of. I hope Kerr starts bringing in some competition with the likes of Elliot or someone like that. We are really lacking up front

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Condex
    I can't remember the last time he played well in a competetive international.
    France away, all of last saturday. He held up the ball superbly and linked the play excellently.

Typical over reaction bullsh*t. He missed chances yes, but that's the way he plays, with Keane it's all about the way he gets the chances. Look at Henry, he misses a boatload at times, Owen the same. His quality is in his ability to get the chances and his all round play. He has three goals in four qualifyers and yet people want him dropped, he's our highest goal scorer in history yet people want him dropped, it's laughable

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    I felt Keane could have rounded the keeper and slotted home
    on a couple of occasioins, instead he had his effort blocked by the
    keeper.

New Signing
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Slash/ED
    Typical over reaction bullsh*t. He missed chances yes, but that's the way he plays, with Keane it's all about the way he gets the chances. Look at Henry, he misses a boatload at times, Owen the same. His quality is in his ability to get the chances and his all round play. He has three goals in four qualifyers and yet people want him dropped, he's our highest goal scorer in history yet people want him dropped, it's laughable
    Good point. Getting scoring chances is a positive thing. If he scored on every chance he created for himself he'd have 200 goals by now, which obviously is impossible for anyone. Too bad he has to "settle" for just being the best striker in Irish history.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Shut up you absolute Knob end!!!

Come back to us when you know something about international football...
    What a F**kin W**k*r!!!

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    200 Posts
    If you think he's so bad I suggest you watch a video of our match v Holland last June.

He's probably or most skillfull finisher since Aldridge, and the only bad games I can remember him having recently were vs the Swiss and (maybe) Cyprus - even then he was not fully fit but his sheer ability meant he had to be put in the team anyway.

IMO he is the player in our team who tries the most in each game, and its also worth remembering how he kept a cool head in WC2002 vs Spain when others didnt. Few Ireland players have had to deal with that much of a pressure situation.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    What the beep?

So he misses a few chances or makes a few dodgy decisions, he's still our best striker by a mile. I'd like to see Keane and Morrison play together for a while. I reckon they could be a really good partnership.
    'He's pulling him off! The Spanish manager is pulling his captain off!' _ The madness of George

thecorner
    im thinking here that condex must be just a young fella cos if he had to endure what we had to go through in terms of strikers the last 20 years, he couldnt call robbie keane crap.

to broke a record in such a short space of time is brilliant and we can only imagine what the record will end up as.

keane is miles ahead of the strikers we have had the last couple of years

condex crawl back under your rock and come back out when you something worth talking about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    ah London,I figured you were in or from England.
    WTF does this mean?

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Glenn Hodddle(yes a muppet) once said that he'd never pick Andy Cole for the England team cuz he needs 4 chances to put away 1 goal. I have exactly the same opinion of RK. He's simply not clinical enough at international level, yes he works his hole off(ala Stad de France) and yes he adds a physical presence-yet when he dribbles with the ball it would make you cry, and his first touch is woefull. He also seems to be on a different wavelenght from the rest of the team( ie feints and step overs that go nowhere). Saying that, we have no other leader for the line and he has the presence to take a chance in vital moments in the game. The hype surrounding him is not a honest reflection on him but surely a sad reflection on the lack of attacking opinions of the Irish team over the last decade. I'd say this is a fair apraisal of the debate. Instead of slagging the 5hite out of each other try and look at the situation objectively and ignore the böllicx you read in the tabloids every day.

thecorner
    the fact that he is our record goalscorer already and might go on to set a record that might never be broken counts for nothing is it

FFS how long did it take quinnie to get his goals

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    16 years for Big Niall v 6 years for Robbie

I think Robbies goals per game average for international football now surpasses or at least equals Michael Owen.

3 points is what mattered last night. Congrats to Robbie on the record. Played super stuff in the first half. I think when O Shea went off we lost a lot of width/shape around midfield and got sloppy. Apart from that were sitting pretty going into the new year. Same as always though. I'd prefer to play another international next week while were on a role.

Has a nation ever had mass counselling for begrudgery and inferiority complex?
    Who is this guy, Trapper Tony?

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    144 Posts
    I don't think Robbie is clinical enough either, he certainly isn't a world class striker and his form in recent times has been poor.
    But at the end of the day he's the best we've got and he's been the only constant in our front line for a long time.

But questions must be asked such as why can't we score more than 2 goals against a team as bad as the Faroe Islands

thecorner
    jesus christ some people are never happy.

we finally get an out and out goalscorer after years of searching and people still arent happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    WTF does this mean? PP
    It means you're thick. Obviously it's true if you can't work it out!
    Oh, actually he's referring to me too!

Here's my two cent.

Robbie is a little gem and I'm eternally grateful to him for some fine memories.

There just always seems to be something holding him up though.
    Last night it was the record.
    He broke it and I thought, 'right, that's that, lets move on.'
    Then he was on a hatrick and all of a sudden we were back to square one.
    Everyone was trying to get the ball to him and more often than not that wasn't the best ball to play. He was trying too hard for his first international hatrick which would have made it a truely special night for him which no doubt he'd dedicate to his fathers memory.
    No more records now Robbie, just concentrate on the job in hand.
    You're a little dinger though, well done!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    24 years of age and Irelands top goal scorer! I watched the game (from England) on TV last night, and I thought RK was sharp as fe*k, he scored two, hit the keeper a few times and took the wrong decision on a few occasions. So what, he was involved!

It is hard to break down any international defence these days, especially if they are all behind the ball. Get a sense of perspective lads, some of youse are sounding like the gobshi*tes who go to games to be entertained by 5-0 victories!

Que Sera Sera

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Aye, Robbie Keane's crap....

sure he's only our record goalscorer - what more do you want??
    Finn Harps Dot Com
    www.finnharps.com

Page 1 of 378 1231151101 ... LastLast