Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 106 of 380 FirstFirst ... 65696104105106107108116156206 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,120 of 7589

Thread: Robbie Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    'Non-existent in the first half' might be a bit harsh on him, but he was a lot more involved in the second half. He seemed to enjoy the novelty of playing a full 90 minutes, and towards the end most of the play was going through him. A goal would have been a nice way to cap it off, but besides that it's the brightest I've seen him in a while.
    Ceci n'est pas une signature

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I think he does himself no favours with his gesticulating though, even when it's largely justified.
    Yeah, that one time they zoomed in on him was like a comedy skit...I couldn't believe he was actually doing it.

All it takes is one hand up and a word at the ref, no need to act like a kid pretending to be an airplane at the playground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by irishfan86 View Post
    Yeah, that one time they zoomed in on him was like a comedy skit...I couldn't believe he was actually doing it.

All it takes is one hand up and a word at the ref, no need to act like a kid pretending to be an airplane at the playground.
    wonder how his teammates react to that constant whinging? have played with a few lads like that before and, if anything, it makes me want to pass to them even less! saying that, its much easier to be petty about these sort of things when playing for a Sunday league pub team
    "Well I think they'll be a little disappointed with that" - Matt Holland on TV3 after 5-2 drubbing by Cyprus

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/spo...cle5315820.ece

its not there but i read in the paper version a piece with the title "keane edge" and it was about how outstanding he had played last night.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by noby View Post
    'Non-existent in the first half' might be a bit harsh on him, but he was a lot more involved in the second half. He seemed to enjoy the novelty of playing a full 90 minutes, and towards the end most of the play was going through him.
    interestiing. he looks a very fit player and has been for some time. i'm sure many of us know what it's like playing against a forward who never stops moving, during the last 15 minutes of a game it's brutal. he could be an edge in that regard for liverpool.
    zombie/thread killer..

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,712 Posts
    yeah, I've always felt that playing him for only 60 minutes was counter-productive. He'd almost be more useful being brought on for the last 30 than starting the first 60.

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    785 Posts
    He's optimistic about his future at Liverpool:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/7774721.stm
    Forget about the performance or entertainment. It's only the result that matters.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Question

Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan View Post
    He's optimistic about his future at Liverpool:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/foot...ol/7774721.stm
    don't think he will be around next year unless his form improves dramatically.
    benitez won't sell in jan. either..unless he has a sneaky deal lined up for a c/forward eligible for europe...
    on the flip side liverpool are desperate to land the league,above all other trophies so you would never know.
    keane has now had six clubs? in his career.
    remember something that he said last year that he felt at home at spurs and for the first time he felt settled and happy in his club football.his huge drop in form could be down to his new surrounding's.he was top scorer at spurs for the previous season's,if i am not mistaken....has always performed for ireland...but other then his spurs career,can any one really say he was consistent after he left wolves??
    coventry???
    inter milan???
    leeds???
    and now liverpool.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciaran View Post
    It took him 2 years to settle in spurs too, I wouldn't worry about him at Liverpool.
    not quite right ciaran.left out that he was top scorer for 4 seasons there.
    anyway,liverpool unlike spurs,can ill afford to have such a long "settling "in period for any player..the expectation is way higher at liverpool then spurs.and i don't mean that in any disrespectful way to spurs supporters.
    always a joy to watch playing football are spurs and i'm delighted that 'arry is getting the results there...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 1676 View Post
    but other then his spurs career,can any one really say he was consistent after he left wolves??
    coventry???
    inter milan???
    leeds???
    and now liverpool.
    So you mean to say Inter bought him from Coventry because he was incosistent???

Also, he wasn't given much of a chance at all at Inter.
    Extratime.ie

Yo te quiero, mi querida. Sin tus besos, yo soy nada.

Abri o portão de ouro, da maquina do tempo.

Mi mamá me hizo guapo, listo y antimadridista.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by superfrank View Post
    So you mean to say Inter bought him from Coventry because he was incosistent???

Also, he wasn't given much of a chance at all at Inter.
    how could he be consistent at coventry,considering the length of time he was there? i think inter bought him on his inter national performances.
    the reason he was not given a chance at inter was plain and simple...change of manager.
    was trappatoni in charge of inter at the time????
    don't get me wrong frank..if you see my next post you will see i admire keane..himself and berbatov ahd arguably the best partnership in the premier...but just think he needs more time to settle then liverpool can afford to give.
    that's all

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    how could he be consistent at coventry,considering the length of time he was there? i think inter bought him on his inter national performances.
    the reason he was not given a chance at inter was plain and simple...change of manager.
    was trappatoni in charge of inter at the time????
    don't get me wrong frank..if you see my next post you will see i admire keane..himself and berbatov ahd arguably the best partnership in the premier...but just think he needs more time to settle then liverpool can afford to give.
    that's all
    Tardelli was the manager who sold him to Leeds not Trap. He settled in at Leeds staright away as well and was very consistent initially, it was a shame he was cup tied for their CL that season due to a sub appearance for Inter in the prelim round, he could have added something. Finished up with 9 goals from 14 starts and 6 sub games. In his second season he was in and out of the team as O'Leary was trying to perm two from himself, Smith and Viduka and then Fowler and he didn't get enough gametime to build on a very promising partnership with Viduka. He was excellent for Coventry as well.

He did well last night and was right to blast Babel for not playing that one two after Keane's lay off, very slefish from Babel to shoot from there. I think he'll come good, it's unfortunate Torres has been injured, I don't buy that they won't work together given time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Tardelli was the manager who sold him to Leeds not Trap. He settled in at Leeds staright away as well and was very consistent initially, it was a shame he was cup tied for their CL that season due to a sub appearance for Inter in the prelim round, he could have added something. Finished up with 9 goals from 14 starts and 6 sub games. In his second season he was in and out of the team as O'Leary was trying to perm two from himself, Smith and Viduka and then Fowler and he didn't get enough gametime to build on a very promising partnership with Viduka. He was excellent for Coventry as well.

He did well last night and was right to blast Babel for not playing that one two after Keane's lay off, very slefish from Babel to shoot from there. I think he'll come good, it's unfortunate Torres has been injured, I don't buy that they won't work together given time.
    was trappatoni the man who signed him though???

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    was trappatoni the man who signed him though???
    No Lippi did.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    732 Posts
    That's right. Trap's spell with Inter was in the late 80s.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    He was class for Wolves & Coventry. Good for Leeds, great for Spurs, great for Ireland and he'l do the biz with Liverpool too. he just needs a bit of time.Once he nicks a couple of goals they'll start flowing for him.
    Link up play last night was exceptional.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I think some of the praise being lavished on Keane in this thread for the game last night is a bit over the top.

It was an average performance at best by his standards, with a few glimmers of what he's capable of.

The fact that you're all getting so excited about last night is indicative of how ineffective he's been all season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,336 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Drumcondra 69er View Post
    Tardelli was the manager who sold him to Leeds not Trap.
    Tardelli was the manager at the time, but like most Italian clubs, the signing and selling of players was handled by another man completely. I remember Tardelli pointing that out a press conference when he was asked about selling Robbie to Leeds
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by colster View Post
    No Lippi did.
    knew he was an italian with grey hair!!!

International Prospect tricky_colour's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    621 Posts
    For what it's worth he is Liverpool's the 5th highest player in the Actim index, ahead of Stephen Gerrard, who I don't think will be leaving the club either!!

http://www.premierleague.com/page/Ac...,12306,00.html