Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 51 of 382 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 7628

Thread: Robbie Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I thought he did ok, not his best game but by no means his worst. He did a lot of work off the ball and very rarely got good service to try and hurt the German defence.

Some people are never happy with Robbie unless he scores twice, does plenty of flicks, 6 keepy uppies and a fcukin rain dance.
    Top Breeders recommend drinkfeckarse....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Defo one of his worst performances in recent times but one of the most worrying things imo was that he was back at his moaning and whinging best which is not what you want to see from your captain...

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    To those detracting from robbie's performance:

When was the last time an Irish central midfielder played a ball to an Irish forward to run onto to create a chance?

Apart from Faroes at home, I can think of only ONE in the whole of the last campaign.

Our play needs to be more intricate in advanced positions. Who can provide this? Liam Miller, Andy Reid, Stephen Ireland, McGeady, McPhail etc. in theory anyway.

Who played CM in Amsterdam? I was away but I think it was Alan Quinn and one other.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I'd have to agree with that.
    He gets brutal delivery from the midfield.
    If Andy Reid or Liam Miller start getting some good first team action at their clubs, they may be the type of players to put some killer passes through for Robbie to finish off.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    A.Reid is definitely the man for the job. Reid's pass from the centre for Keane's goal against Israel was superb.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    oh yeah, make that two I can think of

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I know he hasn't been playing well/at all for Sheffield Utd, but to me the performance of the last couple of years was Alan Quinns against Holland in the Amsterdam Arena, he was excellent that night, but he hasn't been given a chance since.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I feel strongly that R. Keane is one of the big egos in the squad who can never be dropped or taken off for fear of tantrums that would cause and so we can look forward to many more fallow years before we get a united team effort again.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts

The Robbie Keane Discussion Thread

I was at the Irish game aganst the Czechs and i have to say he was the only player who really seemed to have the wrong attitude the whole game. He seemed in a huff and on three seperate occasions was outside of the box from an attacking free kick. Surely this isnt right of a striker!!! Being dropped for Spurs has generally brought out the best in him. With Doyle we have a player who has the attitude for the game that Keane should be aiming for

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post

Thumbs down

No dont agree.
    Robbie is not having the best time of it for Ireland or Spurs but he has that touch of class and craft which can turn a game.
    He'll come good again soon I'm sure, and even now although the goals are not flowing he keeps the opposing defenders busy.
    I expect him to get back on the scoring mark next month against San Marino.
    Mind you I'd expect to get on the score sheet against San marino too!
    Would you really not want him in for a do or die big game?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    It's a bit like the do we keep Kerr or don't we debate.

Only drop him if you've got someone better. His place is by no means sacred but who's better?

I think it's becoming very clear that Doyle is becoming every bit as important to us as Robbie. I think there's every likelihood he'll finish this campaign as our most important forward. He's calmer and is a better header of a ball too.

But this just tells me that Robbie & Doyle for the time being are streets ahead of any alternatives we have, and in most cases we'll play 2 upfront.

Clinton Morrisson has served us well but is dropping down the order. Alan Lee is not an international standard forward but has a degree of nuisance value.

Stephen Elliott needs a run free of injury & Daryl Murphy needs to consolidate his position at Sunderland before either has a chance of dislodging Doyle & Robbie.

Long, Stokes, Clarke, Rooney, Keogh et al are all exciting prospects with time on their side. Long is probably furthest up the curve of these.

Connolly offers nothing that Doyle & Keane can't offer.

So would you drop Robbie for any of the above?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    i dont understand this constant negativity now about robbie. since his epic season with spurs just gone by he has cut out the most irritating feature of his game which was his constant moaning at the ref and looking for decisions instead of getting on with it.

he is suffering along with the rest of the team. there's no reason for him to be dropped, he worked his socks off against the cazechs.

And about DOyle-whats the big deal about this lad. i mean what has he done for us yet? (I havent actually seen him play for us yet as ive been away but he's yet to score) I'm very hopeful he will become a regular scoring partner for robbie but as of yet he's as unproven internationally as the likes of Alan Lee.
    I

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,702 Posts
    True, Doyle has yet to do much in green, but his club form is really good & I think you can tell just how easily he's adapted to the higher level.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    i dont think doyle is the answer to our goal scoring problems. his work rate and link up play outside the box is very good but he has got to take his chances when they come to him. hopefully he can get a few against san marino.
    Saint Patricks Athletic Fans Team. Eircom League Supporters Cup Champions 2006. P3 W2 D1 L0 F3 A0. Thats why we're champions, Thats why we're champions, Thats why.............

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    It's a bit like the do we keep Kerr or don't we debate.

Only drop him if you've got someone better. His place is by no means sacred but who's better?
    Agree with that 100% ... I thought Robbie did alright against the Czechs actually (apart from the miss near the end of course!) and his form for Spurs has been good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Bit pointless dropping our record goalscorer with 2 gams against San Marino coming up!
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I would play the same formation we played against the czechs for important games from now on but replace keane with doyle. he shouldnt be captain either. the way he played against the czechs only served to highlight how much he has been coasting in other games. andy reid seems a far more important player for us now. altho a lot of improvement still needed there. he does look like someone who could actually open up games for us.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by tetsujin1979 View Post
    Bit pointless dropping our record goalscorer with 2 gams against San Marino coming up!
    Quit going on about our 'record goal scorer', most of the goals were in friendlies or against poor teams in competitive matches. Hes playing crap, didn't even get a game in the last spurs match. It was a real stupid idea ot make him captain
    the way he behaves on the pitch is hardly an example to others.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,322 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Condex View Post
    Quit going on about our 'record goal scorer', most of the goals were in friendlies or against poor teams in competitive matches. Hes playing crap, didn't even get a game in the last spurs match. It was a real stupid idea ot make him captain
    the way he behaves on the pitch is hardly an example to others.
    So what if they were? Noone else is scoring regualarly for the senior team (yet) and he's still the most likely to score against San Marino.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    its not going to happen. We all hoped that being captain might bring the best out of him .. to be fair though, we have never had a more prolific striker .. so its up to Stan to get the best out of him. Doyle does seem to have a good attitude .. at least in Stuttgart anyway