Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 6 of 378 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Listen,I dont have to explain anything to any of you so go to hell the lot of ye

Stay on the other side of the road cause you can never tell, we've a thirst like a gang of devil's, we're the boy's from the county hell.

The Pogues
    Boy's from the County Hell

From the album, red rose's for me.

BTW You did'nt right that song with Shane McGowan did yer.
    Its crazy to see people be what society wants them to be but not me.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    13 Posts
    Listen,I dont have to explain anything to any of you so go to hell the lot of ye
    Don't you mean 'can't explain'?
    This is the cooooooooooooolest footy forum I've ever seen!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Indeed you don't and if the standard of your explanations so far are anything to go by I'd try not to.

Just a quick question, since Robbie now plies his trade in Ingerland is his opinion on his own performance less valid? When you see him being interviewed do you run to turn off the TV muttering about goms living in Ingerland and the like?

Yours
    Confused of norf Landaaan
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    "I'm not narrow-minded. Some of my best friends are gay/black/moslem/English..." (delete as appropriate)

To build on what Pat O said, the first law of holes is stop digging.

PP
    ...And to build on what pp's saying, the second law of holes is to stop talking out them.
    Tea. Corduroy. Space Travel.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Robbie Keane

This point has been brought up before but I've never come across a more frustrating player to watch in my life. First of all Robbie is at 24 already a legend. Leading scorer with fifty odd caps is class, its pretty obvious he loves wearing the green aswell. That said am I the only one he drives absolutely mental? Last night after trying that ridiculous chip over the keeper I nearly threw my shoe at the tv, only to be dancing around the room two minutes later after his goal. Why does he waste so many chances trying to score beautiful goals, all the great strikers score scrappy goals. When was the last time you saw Shearer or Van Nistelrooy score a great goal?

Keanes convesion rate of chances to goals is awful, I reckon its about one in four or five at this stage. Dont get me wrong I'm not suggesting he's a bad player but surely (as Giles mentioned after the Holland friendly) all this rubbish can be coached out of him. He seems to play like hes still on the streets of Tallaght. Thankfully most of his misses seem to come in games we end up winning but sooner or later hes going to cost us points in a big match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    This has been done to death on this forum before and the majority agreed but he has quit all the fancy shít since the first set of qualifiers. Do you honestly think he chipped the ball when one on one just to be fancy? Of course he didn't. The keeper stood up tall and judging from the camera angle behind Keane he did the right thing (of course in hinsight he didn't). The keeper just barely got his hand to it. Other than that he was fine last night.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I agree with Eireboy's post there.

As long as he doesnt start up the fancy stuff again I'll be happy

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    i wish he'd quit that feckin cartwheel/pistol celebration though, it must be the worst in world football! celebrations are bad enough but even his bow and arrow was better than this one

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ken foree
    i wish he'd quit that feckin cartwheel/pistol celebration though, it must be the worst in world football! celebrations are bad enough but even his bow and arrow was better than this one
    Come on ffs,it's better than most of the crap out there.What do you want him to do run around and put his hand in the air like Shearer or maybe stand and stare at the crowd and opposition goalie like Henry.
    Chamon Mothafcuka......he heeee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy
    Other than that he was fine last night.
    I thought Keane was useless. Clean through on goal twice, and he messed up both times. His passing was brutal, his first touch was just as bad. Most of all, his decision making is absolutely terrible, and was really poor last night. At one stage he passed out wide to Duff, when it was easier to just slip the ball to Miller on his inside, Miller would have been through on goal. When he won the ball off of the keeper in the 2nd half, he couldn't play a simple low cross into Elliott. Too much fannying on the ball.

Seriously, he has to improve, cos he is going to do this in an important game. His work rate is always good, and he always gives his all, but he has to start aiming to improve. Record goalscorer or not, he is missing more and more easy chances and it is going to cost us.

I thought Richard Dunne, Finnan and Duff were our best players, kavanagh also did well in midfield. Wasn't impressed with Miller at all, and I think we've seen the last of Gary Breen. Thought John O'Shea was his usual brutal self, Finnan for left back I say. The real star of this team though is Damian Duff, you take him out and we're in big trouble....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 4tothefloor
    and I think we've seen the last of Gary Breen.
    I am absolutely 100% sure that if Cunningham is injured or banned Breen will be his replacement. If O'Brien is unavailable Dunne will be his.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    Come on ffs,it's better than most of the crap out there.What do you want him to do run around and put his hand in the air like Shearer or maybe stand and stare at the crowd and opposition goalie like Henry.
    well it's not even a GOOD cartwheel though is it? come on admit it. yes even those you mentioned would be better! no big deal but i hate all the gymnastics like earnshaw and the boy from africa that does it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by DolansWaistcoat
    p.s. though judgin by your sig, you have an eye for, shall we say, dramatic gyrations?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    leave Robbie alone. he gets us the goals when we need them. Everyone else is crap so it makes absolutely no sense whatsoever to start slagging him. It is like the Spanish Media's campaign to get rid of Raúl FFS. They wanted him out of Real Madrid !!! I know this isnt the same level but it borders on the same kind of madness.

I think Morrison up front is going to be more effective than Elliot. He looked the business in Stade de Paris and I was convinced that he would have scored if he didnt come or injured or at least had the assist to robbie.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Yeah Robbie Keane is a legend. He doesn't take as many chances as he should and maybe used to. When he was sent through and tried to lob the keeper I didn't expect him to score, whereas a few years ago I would have. However he's still one of the best players we have (and by his records we have ever had).
    And I agree Clinton is still the best partner he have for him. He's improved greatly since he first joined the set-up. His work rate is second to none.
    Also what's with all the slating of John O'Shea? He mite not be as good as he was in his first season but he's still a decent full back and much better than Steve 'nosebleed outside his own third' Finnan.
    Also Barry Quinn should be back in the squad

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Jesus, are some people never happy

Robbie is no Ronaldo but he is a great player on his day and he's also the best we've got by miles.

Yes he's got his faults and can be frustrating but sure why don't we throw David Connelly back in there instead of him and then people might have a right to moan

Stop moaning about him and accept him for what he is...a great striker who misses his fair share of chances.(like every other striker)

We're lucky we have players like him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by the ox
    Also what's with all the slating of John O'Shea? He mite not be as good as he was in his first season but he's still a decent full back and much better than Steve 'nosebleed outside his own third' Finnan.
    Finnan is an awful lot better full back than O'Shea. People may be judging O'Shea by the standards he set in his first season but I'm not, he has just been a poor full back the last year and a half on general standards.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by drinkfeckarse
    Jesus, are some people never happy

Robbie is no Ronaldo but he is a great player on his day and he's also the best we've got by miles.

Yes he's got his faults and can be frustrating but sure why don't we throw David Connelly back in there instead of him and then people might have a right to moan

Stop moaning about him and accept him for what he is...a great striker who misses his fair share of chances.(like every other striker)

We're lucky we have players like him.
    Spot on. Unless someone can suggest an alternative, I don't see the point. Keane could be a much better player than he is at the moment, all that complaining to the ref is tiresome, but he still has potential. I didn't think he played well at all the other night but he got in the right position for the goal that won us the match. As a striker, that's enough, a lot of the time.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    With regard to the cartwheel goal celebration one of my English colleagues at work (I live in London) pointed out that it's a bit rich if Duff dances past 3 defenders, plays a great ball in to the box and Robbie taps it in and goes off on an egocentric goal celebration.

I think my colleague was right when he said his first instinct should have been to run to thank Duffer for laying it on a plate for him.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88
    I think my colleague was right when he said his first instinct should have been to run to thank Duffer for laying it on a plate for him.
    Yeah, I'd have to agree with that. BTW, has anyone noticed that when Chelsea score Robben is always over to praise the player who assisted the goal? Even when Duff flicked the ball back to Robben for his goal against CSKA Duff was praised by a lot of his teammates. It was Duffer that should have been celebrating on Tuesday.

Page 6 of 378 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast