Page 3 of 367 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 7332

Thread: Robbie Keane

  1. #41
    International Prospect Peadar's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    23 goals isnt a massive record by international standards. I wouldnt be jumping up and down over it. 40 would be decent and respectable.
    We're kinda hoping he's not done yet and will have at least another 10 years to add to his tally, which I consider impressive.
    Is he a mere 5 goals behind Michael Owen in the International goals stakes?
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

  2. #42
    Seasoned Pro thejollyrodger's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    And another thing Robbie Keane cant do is head the ball. how many times has he scored from heading the ball.

    Tuesday, 10 June 2003.
    And Owen's strike rate isn't too bad either, scoring 20 times in his first 49 matches, but he's hungry for more and will be looking to improve his ratio, starting on Wednesday.
    So Robbie is probably doing about the same as Owen

  3. #43
    Reserves Pat O' Banton's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    County Hell (9th Circle)
    Posts
    969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    ah London,I figured you were in or from England.Ya Gobs***e he's unbelievable,I'd like to see you go out and score for Ireland,in fact I'd like to see you even get on the bench for da boyz in Green.Gob

    Don't think your getting away with this crap, come on explain yourself or do you realise what a muppet you have set yourself up as, and are a bit ashamed?
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

  4. #44
    First Team Metrostars's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2004
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    1,528
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    33
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    72
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    Robbie Keane might be crap.

    But he's the best crap we've got.
    "Jacques Santini...will be greeted in every dugout of the country by "one-nil, one-nil" - Clive Tyldsley, 89th minute of France-England June 13, 2004.
    "Ooooohhhh Nooooooo" Bobby Robson 91st minute.

  5. #45
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    744
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LFC in Exile
    Let's get some balance here.


    However, last night he was the reason we did not score more goals (and that could be important).
    As for the Irish record - breaking that shockingly bad record is laudable but not exactly the stuff of legend.
    Laugh night he was the reason we scored any goals you muppet.. The lad is our best striker fair enough he may not be ronaldo but we should support him rather than criticise.

  6. #46
    First Team LFC in Exile's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zinedineontour
    Laugh night he was the reason we scored any goals you muppet.. The lad is our best striker fair enough he may not be ronaldo but we should support him rather than criticise.
    First off I never said he was crap as someone accused me of earlier. He is the best striker we've got.

    I know he scored two golas last night - but one was a penalty. Are you suggesting that nobody else on the team could have scored that penalty. His second goal he recovered from not getting to the ball fast enough to finish fairly well in the end. His other chances - well, it can happen to any striker. What I am really annoyed about is his insistence on taking too much out of the ball, trying to the hard thing instead of laying it off and dropping deep to try to create his own chances. You didn't quote my full comment. I said that every move that went through him broke down. I am not doubting that he is the best striker we have. I agree that he is a talented player - really talented. But last night he had a poor game. And overall he is not as complete a striker as his supporters claim for him. I really think Kerr has got to get him to focus on doing simple things well.

    I absolutely do support Robbie at Ireland matches. I hate people that criticise or boo their own players at games. You are there to support, full stop. However, on a forum like this we should not just all wave our virtual inflatable hammers and virtually sing ole ole ole. Go on the Joe Duffy show if you want a forum like that.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

  7. #47
    First Team Bald Student's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    1,824
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thejollyrodger
    France will rip this team to peices with a massive goal difference.
    France beat them 2-0 as well, and were very lucky to get the result. The first goal came well into the second half.

  8. #48
    International Prospect Peadar's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    8,586
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bald Student
    The first goal came well into the second half.
    Looked off side to me.
    Actually, the 2nd goal did too.
    Lucky, they were.
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

  9. #49
    barglee
    Guest

    Robbie is our best

    Robbie Keane is our best striker in years.
    he scored 2 goals and missed a few chances. not exacly a nightmare .........

    are some of you forgetting 90th minute against Germany?
    or the goal against Iran in landsdowne road...
    or the last minute penalty against Spain

    Do ye honstley thin kerr shud play some unproved Sunderland striker instead of him.
    yer mad.
    if Kerr did that ud prob be giving out.

    Keane is as good some of Englands Strikers e.g Smith, Defoe.......
    and is definetely ireland best

  10. #50
    Seasoned Pro thejollyrodger's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2004
    Posts
    2,607
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    just to put owen's record right, its 28 goals in 65 apperances.

  11. #51
    Apprentice
    Joined
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    17
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kowalski
    Robbie Keane is now an Irish Goalscoring Legend:
    FACT
    Can a legend be fact?

  12. #52
    Youth Team
    Joined
    May 2004
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    105
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyJane
    Can a legend be fact?
    yes it can. FACT

  13. #53
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Plastic Paddy
    WTF does this mean?
    It means that no Irishman would say that about Keane

  14. #54
    Viva El Presidente! sligoman's Avatar
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Town
    Posts
    19,972
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    595
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    384
    Thanked in
    225 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat O' Banton
    Don't think your getting away with this crap, come on explain yourself or do you realise what a muppet you have set yourself up as, and are a bit ashamed?
    Oh poor Pat-did your sheep break up with ya?
    For all you ****s who dont know what i'm on about,I mean a true Irishman would not say that about Keane.Before you say it, I have no problem with English people.I have also edited it now for all you goms!

  15. #55
    Reserves Jon'o's Avatar
    Joined
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Dublin or lost in a backwater called England
    Posts
    561
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    I have no problem with English people.
    Thats good to know, problem is i dont see any english posting on here

    oh and by the way people were taking exception to the

    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    ah London,I figured you were in or from England
    quote hence the WTF from plastic paddy
    'It's not because I'm uncouth, it's because I'm Irish. The English language is a wall between you and me and f**k is my chisel.' - Tommy Tiernan

  16. #56
    First Team LFC in Exile's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Cork
    Posts
    2,146
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by barglee
    Robbie Keane is our best striker in years.
    he scored 2 goals and missed a few chances. not exacly a nightmare .........

    are some of you forgetting 90th minute against Germany?
    or the goal against Iran in landsdowne road...
    or the last minute penalty against Spain

    Do ye honstley thin kerr shud play some unproved Sunderland striker instead of him.
    yer mad.
    if Kerr did that ud prob be giving out.

    Keane is as good some of Englands Strikers e.g Smith, Defoe.......
    and is definetely ireland best
    Can only speak for myself and no, I don't think he should drop Robbie. He is the best striker we have. I am not forgetting those golas but neither am I forgetting his general play in most of his matches. He persists in over elaborating all the time and what some on here are saying is that he needs to cop on to this side of his game. Are we back at the Jack Charlton era when we can't criticise players? Robbie Keane is not that good that he has no room for improvement. He had two good chances fluffed last night - that's tough luck, he can't score them all. But if he was more clever about his general play and didn't overelaborate he should get more than the few chances he got last night.

    I dunno, maybe the argument is too subtle for some of the ole ole ole gang on here.
    "It's impossible to make a man understand something when his livelihood depends on him not understanding" Upton Sinclair

  17. #57
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    152
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

    Robbie Keane

    Robbie was one of the top strikers in the premiership last year and is a firm fan favourite at Spurs. He was brilliant in the world cup in 2002. He scored more goals than any English striker in the WC.

    He is only coming back from injury and has not scored any goals in the premiership yet this season.

    Let's see how he is doing at Christmas.

    As for the team. Well we are unbeaten having taken a point off France and Switzerland away, played great football last Saturday in Paris and are beginning to look the business. Unfortunately we will always have an position or two where we are weak as the pool of players we can draw from is so small.

    The improvement in the last year is impressive.

  18. #58
    Banned Slash/ED's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Conspiring against Cork City globally
    Posts
    3,908
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    The problem here is there's no middle ground with people. Someone is either ****e or world class, and the same goes for a performance/manager etc etc. Robbie Keane is a top class player, one of the better strikers in the EPL but not on the Henry/Van Nistelrooy level. His finishing is erratic, but his movement and ability to get the chances more than make up for it. His all round play is woefully under appreicated by some, he is far more creative than people think, can put a good ball in on either foot and can run at defenders and tear defences apart with his movement which helps his partner. When played beside Duff he suffers as he has to be the out and out striker, which he isn't. Beside Morrison he, and Clinton, flourish as they are the ideal partnership. Robbie isn't world class, not yet anyway, but he's still a top player who most sides would absolutley love to have. Our only problem up front is cover for the front two, the sooner Elliot makes the step up to the senior squad the better.

  19. #59
    Reserves Pat O' Banton's Avatar
    Joined
    Apr 2004
    Location
    County Hell (9th Circle)
    Posts
    969
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    0
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    Oh poor Pat-did your sheep break up with ya?
    For all you ****s who dont know what i'm on about,I mean a true Irishman would not say that about Keane.Before you say it, I have no problem with English people.I have also edited it now for all you goms!

    Oh dear PJ's moved to Sligo; the dubious second g comments, the I'll say whose Irish and who's not. Its just got to be.

    Listen; almost 300 posts on this board do you think that this comes from an English person? (go on insert a witty answer) Can I repeat that there are quite a few Irish lads who live in England (there is at least one Mr. R. Keane in the N17 area of London), quite a few who are second generation and proud of their upbrining. So why do you think that you can belittle our opinions with such off hand stupid remarks?

    Of course were all so grateful for you editing your post, it really makes a difference to what you think doesn't it.

    Personally I think Keane is going through a rough patch but is a cracking player. Last night he was at least doing what all good strikers do, repeatedly getting in goal scoring positions and not hiding after missing a couple. A poor performance and two goals I'll take that.

    *Oh the sheep coment You'll need to be shouting it a bit louder next year so it can be heard all the way up in the Premier Division.
    Where am I now? I'm over here,
    I've got those empty pockets and I can't afford a beer.

  20. #60
    First Team Plastic Paddy's Avatar
    Joined
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Somewhere in the hills around London
    Posts
    2,346
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    31
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    26
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Hey Pat, we're goms, remember? A man such as this is never going to take note of us. After all, we're not the real deal...

    Quote Originally Posted by sligoman
    It means that no Irishman would say that about Keane
    What utter ********, son. Aren't we allowed to have dissenting opinions? Or has the ghost of Eoin O'Duffy returned to haunt us? Grow up or GTF.

    PP
    Last edited by Plastic Paddy; 14/10/2004 at 8:15 PM.
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Page 3 of 367 FirstFirst 123451353103 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Robbie Keane
    By Crosby87 in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 19/01/2014, 4:54 PM
  2. Robbie Keane interview on RTE
    By paul_oshea in forum Ireland
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06/12/2006, 11:43 AM
  3. Robbie keane ?
    By One Brian Kerr in forum Ireland
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 26/04/2004, 3:17 PM
  4. Robbie Keane
    By Xlex in forum World Cup
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07/06/2002, 11:37 AM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •