Page 202 of 380 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,040 of 7589

Thread: Robbie Keane

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    I am amazed, that so many "facts" and opinions can be ascertained with such certainty based on sources which amount to little more than idle gossip at this stage.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    I'm a bit surprised by the strength of feeling by Robbie not signing for Birmingham. I'm sure he will get a transfer this window and it might be to a better club than Birmingham.

Anyway have any of you lot complaining ever been to Birmingham!! You try living there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    I am amazed, that so many "facts" and opinions can be ascertained with such certainty based on sources which amount to little more than idle gossip at this stage.
    You'll no doubt hear the same facts from many or any a barstool.
    Find me on Twitter @ImRedLen

Closed Account
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    Although i agree with the majority of your post, i cant agree with these two statements. I love Keane, by the way, given me some of the best international soccer (sorry) moments of my life and i hope he gets his career sorted and back on track. I think he will have a glorious swansong at the end of his career by the way.

1) Its a really unfair comparison to make between Sheringham and Larsson. In fact he is almost a hybrid of the two. But e.g. he's far more prolific at international level than Teddy and Larsson and equally (if not more) prolific at club level than the two (hard to compare Larssons Celtic career with Robbies Spurs career).
    I guess my point was that Sheringham and Larrson made moves to Manchester United and Barcelona respectively when they were older than Keane is now and in that respect, they were better players. Flipside is that neither of those were being transfered to Inter Milan at 20 years old so its especially unfair to compare careers.
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    2) I also dont think that Robbie has been able to handle his career and make the right decisions. In fact, he has consistently made a series of bad career moves.
    Fair enough, in your opinion, its arguable though, which is the great thing about sport. Nobody will know how he could of done it better/worse, but we can argue the fcuk out of it. Personally, I'd have no respect for him if he had turned down Inter Milan/Liverpool, two of the standout bad moves. He took a chance and they didn't pay off. (But he made a hell of a lot of money out of them, and in that respect, he's managed his career very well)

5. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Got this off another forum, most likely BS but just thought I'd share....

This is from a West Ham fan I know - apparently with inside info.

G&S and Brady agreed that Grant would go.
    Brady got to work on compensation, O'Neill and Robbie Keane.
    GOLD changes his mind and tells Grant to concentrate on team matters and he will deal with the boardroom.
    Grant tells the media that he had assurances that his position is safe (from GOLD without mentioning his name)
    Keane's agent leaked the story to SKY, as Keane had been told to hold off signing for Brum by Brady on the undertsanding that O'Neill would be our new manager.
    Brady confirmed the story when asked by SKY.
    GOLD denies everything to the media, namely the Guardian.
    Brady is now threatening to walk because she feels she's been undermined and well, she looks a bit silly.
    SULLY & GOLD are now at loggerheads as SULLY wants Grant to go, but GOLD has changed his mind.
    GOLD now wants SULL to buy him out.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    114 Posts
    Eastenders hey!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joe_denilson View Post
    Where did you get two weeks from? Birminghams fee was agreed on Friday at which point they were officially allowed speak to Keanes representatives. After seeing what Robbie Keane was looking for in a contract, they decided not to negotiate with the player because of "age and length of contract". Deal over.
    Spurs and Birmingham were chatting to each other since early January (probably even earlier). Robbie would have been sounded out early on in terms of likely wage demands and bonuses. They knew all along what he was likely to ask for (parity). Obviously they'd hope to barter with him and knock it down by 10k or so. I think the Brum representatives pressed the panic button when they realised that they were about to break their wage structure for a player who a) doesn't even want to play for em when push comes to shove and b) is not prepared to relocate. Maybe Keane has something else in the pipeline?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    38 Posts
    Are Fulham looking to buy a striker? He could join his old mate the Duffer.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Yeah, we're after him , but not at the wage levels mentioned. I'd love to see him playing for us with Duffer, but it's probably unlikely. The wage structure is pretty rigid, rightly so.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    I for one would love to see Keane move to Fulham. Even ignoring the fact that he wouldnt have to leave London (if that is a deciding factor), football wise they would suit each other.
    I would be pretty confident that if such a move were to happen it would allow Robbie to have an Indian summer to his career. I think he would work well with Zamora or Gera.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts

International Prospect CraftyToePoke's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    879 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Ritchie View Post
    But it should have dire implications for his Ireland prospects. Should have.
    This is it, but will it? and I reckon he feels safe enough on that front, I mean would a guy of Robbies achievements in green really feel he will be dropped by a man who wont drop Green and Kilbane? Probably not. Match sharp or not, he is the better of our options unless Longs recent patch of form sustains a good while yet. Not saying I agree with this but it may be how he views it.

Also, I will reserve judgement untill the end of the window before condemning him here. You never know what may be going on.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    I find it remarkable the percentage of so called Irish fans that are siding with Birmingham's side of the story over Robbie's...get real, we don't know exactly how much they were asking him to drop his wages by, or any other related circumstances.

Let's see how things go. Maybe Sunderland will come in for him, or maybe Pav will be on his way and Keane will get more chances.

Personally I'll give Keane the benefit of the doubt here.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Formerly: vega007 Colbert Report's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    163 Posts
    I'd like to see him go to Malaga myself.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    245 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Colbert Report View Post
    I'd like to see him go to Malaga myself.
    I don't know where this link came from or if you're just pulling my leg, but Malaga is basically in the same position as Birmingham in its respective league. Sunderland would be a great destination as they are on the up under Bruce.
    Eirebhoy's "We Love You" Chant. RIP:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V7UfSbASyrQ

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Malaga have made a lot of good signings over the transfer window and there's certainly plenty of money at the club

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,916 Posts
    It would appear that Birmingham have a difficulty in signing players that they say they are pursuing. Have they even agreed terms with Kenny Miller, after Rangers accepted the transfer fee?
    Same story with Wigan's Charles N'Zogbia. Wigan accepted the transfer fee but the player did not agree to personal terms. Then there was a bit of a circus over Birmingham's interest in Babel and they also lost out on Dembele to Fulham.

Every man and his dog knows what wages Robbie is on and it defies belief that Birmingham would not have a pre-agreed ballpark contract to negotiate with Robbie after Tottenham would accept the transfer fee. Also it would defy belief that. in any of the preambles, Robbie's agent would not be aware of Birmingham's record in failing to agree personal terms with players after their clubs accept the transfer fee.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Good to see foot.ie (international section) buzzing on this subject. It has been quiet on here the last few weeks.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,339 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    It would appear that Birmingham have a difficulty in signing players that they say they are pursuing. Have they even agreed terms with Kenny Miller, after Rangers accepted the transfer fee?
    Miller's supposed to be going to Turkey now
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Yeah, Miller was reported as rejecting the Birmingham move wanting to go abroad. He's in Turkey talking to Bursaspor (They were in the same CL Group as Rangers - also the club from the same place we played our playoff back in 1999). He's also been linked with Marseille.

Rangers were planning on signing David Goodwillie should Miller move on but they've had a verbal offer knocked back and interestingly he has since been charged with Rape at a party (not sure what the latest is on that bit of the story).
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew