Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by yapster View Post
    Spurs who are a mid-table side at best.
    Guess the league is only made up of 8 teams then

Keane wouldn't lace Shearers boots ffs.
    Sherer was a different class than any striker in the league and maybe Henry would be the only one who could have come close to his goalscoring record

Keane is one of the best Strikers in the Prem 10th in the alltime topscorers list all the while at "a mid-table side at best"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    all reports saying hes been offered to west ham and celtic. well celtic can run and jump, west ham would be a good deal for him staying in london. i just want to see him playing football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    12 Posts
    The West Ham deal seems to have more press thankfully, you should either be young, crap or ancient to move to Celtic. Looks lke their could be a switch with Carlton Cole, would like to see Robbie play under Zola, a classy striker like that might teach him a few tricks. A move from Spurs is probably best seeing as he is out of favour, etc.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    unfortunately i dont think he will go anywhere at least until the summer.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Duggie View Post
    unfortunately i dont think he will go anywhere at least until the summer.
    It might not be such a bad thing if he doesn't leave prematurely. Keane has had lean spells and time on the bench before. It looks a bit worse this time but who knows what will happen. If Crouch or Defoe got injured for a couple of games Keane could win his place back with a couple of goals in their absence. I don't think Redknapp sees it as an easy decision to have Keane in the subs match after match so it might not take much for him to make his way back into the side. Defoe has scored a lot of goals this season but is a bit hit and miss I think, you get a better overall contribution from an in-form Keane. Also, Spurs are going to be in Europe next season with a far bigger fixture list, who knows maybe even Champions League football.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    49 Posts
    im one of robbies biggest fans but its not looking good for him at spurs these days. id be happy for him to go on loan till the end of season and hopefully get his confidence back with playing every week. he could assess the situation then. i hate seeing him on the bench. having said that i doubt he will want to leave spurs unless he has to again.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    587 Posts
    Robbie has recovered from poor spells before.

As he does not rely on out standing pace he can go on for a few years yet.

Man U should buy him as he (Robbie) had a lot to do with turning Berbatov into a £30m player.

I sort of said that as a joke but if they are willing to give Michael Owen a shot then never say never.

Go on Fergie go for it. Show us that Benitez fooked up Robbie !

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Just did a look through his games since the Wigan game (when he was first dropped). Since the 22nd November, Spurs have played 11 league games, Robbie has started 3 of them, been a sub in 4 of them and hasn't featured at any point in 4 of them. He's also scored a grand total of 0 goals in this period.

You have to say that all things considered, his goalscoring form has been quite poor all season, but I still think he contributes so much more than someone like Peter Crouch. Some time on the bench will do him no harm, but I'd fully expect him to bounce back and get into the team sooner rather than later. It just depends really on whether 'Arry is willing to go back to the Keane / Defoe front-line that he started the season with.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by christo View Post
    Guess the league is only made up of 8 teams then

Sherer was a different class than any striker in the league and maybe Henry would be the only one who could have come close to his goalscoring record

Keane is one of the best Strikers in the Prem 10th in the alltime topscorers list all the while at "a mid-table side at best"

Much as I dislike Benitez he got it right about Keane and I think Rednapp see's it now and probaly regrets buying him back.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    414 Posts
    I think Bob deserves to finish his career somewhere nice, like LA. I could see him playing for the Galaxy. Especially if Donovan stays at Everton.
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Much as I dislike Benitez he got it right about Keane and I think Rednapp see's it now and probaly regrets buying him back.
    I cant agree with this for a second. RK was never given a decent chance at pool and as i have shown in a previous response to you, his strike record for pool wasnt bad considering how often he played.

Problem with Keane is that when confident and playing well he is lethal. When its not happening for him he appears to try to force the issue and it ends up working against him.

I found it strange at the time that Harry bought Keane when he was buying Defoe as well. They didnt combine in the past and was no indication that they would perform any better together again. Its a pity Keane didnt survive that transfer window with pool, with the injuries they have had he may well have established himself in the first team there. No one could argue they could do with Robbie now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,081 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    No one could argue they could do with Robbie now.
    I bet yapster can

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    If Keane can't get a game with Spurs this season then how do you think he would at Liverpool? Benitez saw the flaws in Keanes game and got shut of him before it was too late. 95% of Liverpool supporters agree with Benitez over keanes departure. Keane is too giddy a player and at 28 he should have that eliminated from his game. Keane missed some appalling sitters at Liverpool and his attitude sucked at times.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    If Keane can't get a game with Spurs this season then how do you think he would at Liverpool? Benitez saw the flaws in Keanes game and got shut of him before it was too late. 95% of Liverpool supporters agree with Benitez over keanes departure. Keane is too giddy a player and at 28 he should have that eliminated from his game. Keane missed some appalling sitters at Liverpool and his attitude sucked at times.
    Because any half decent manager without an agenda wouldnt think twice of starting Keane ahead of Ngog.

95%? According to what? On each occasion he has returned to Anfield, he has got very good receptions from the fans.

I followed his games for pool very closely and yes he missed two great chances against Bolton away but other than that he didnt any other sitters. He had one pretty bad air shot at anfield (against boro i think) when his confidence was shot, but the truth of the matter was the guy wasnt given a chance at pool. The number of games he played and in particular the number of games he got in a row prove this. One of pools best goals last season was scored by RK, against Arsenal. If Torres had scored it, we would still be hearing about it.

International Prospect Razors left peg's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    924 Posts
    Hes being linked with a move to Sunderland in the News of the World today, mightnt be the worst move for him, at least he will be playing regular first team football which is all that matters for Ireland
    http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/spor...FOR-KEANE.html
    Its really not that complicated!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Sunderland have denied it.

They'd be daft to fork out 80k a week on Robbie.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    On his way to Celtic at the minute to discuss a loan move according to Sky Sports News.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    NOOOOOOOO!!!! Thank God its only a loan deal for now!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Sad news, but he'll probably score for fun up in the SPL if he does go.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sligorover View Post
    On his way to Celtic at the minute to discuss a loan move according to Sky Sports News.
    17.09 Sky Sports News understands that Tottenham striker Robbie Keane is set to hold talks with Celtic over a possible switch to Scotland, with the window open north of the border until midnight.

Nearly fell off my chair when I read that.................

A motivated Robbie Keane could certainly claw back 10 points against that mob!!!!

I know the ramifications of him moving to an SPL club but for the minute I just want to take in that he is actually going to Glasgow to have talks. We've had about 10 seasons of "Robbie Coming to Celtic" maybe this is the time it actually happens.....
    I thought you were off the drink Ronnie?

"No, I drink to help me mind my own business....can I get you one? (c) Ronnie Drew