Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 14 of 378 FirstFirst ... 412131415162464114 ... LastLast

Thread: Robbie Keane

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Fully agree with all the others - an excellent post.

Saw Robbies's first International in 1998 as a 17 year old against Argentina, and agree with thejollyrodger that our expectations have been slightly too high, based on his wonderful start in International football as a 17 year old.

When the original poster states that Robbie is behind Kanoute in the pecking order at Spurs, it is only because both Defoe and Keane are better suited to playing with a target man rather than each other.

When Jol tried playing all three recently, with Robbie just behind the other two it didn't work out, and Robbie was replaced at halftime. But I felt that in that game Kanoute spent most of the first half on the right wing and not up front.

It would appear that at the moment Jol is managing to keep his (4) strikers at Spurs happy, but I do wonder how long that situation will last.

On the Ireland scene, there have been signs that there just could be a fruitful partnership with Morrison. But again this could be threatened if the later is not getting regular Premiership football at Birmingham.

I just hope that TheJamaicanP M's thread, and the responses
    will have the effect of making some supporters think before they post unfair criticism of one of our best bets for getting us to Germany, and then enjoying our most successful ever World Cups.
    JMacH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    Good to see the Robbie Bashing ending, I think that the only player Ireland has ever had that compares with him in terms of natural goal scoring ability would have to be John Aldridge. Highly regarded on the continent, he would probably do better there, especially seeing as he wouldn't have the whole silliness of being poor cousin Paddy in the Premiership - only everybody's favourite, RMK ever completely seemed to have laid that to rest, and Duff very nearly has.

I reckon that he suffered from a few managers who didn't have faith in him (remember Venables at Leeds), but Jol might be able to make the most of him - I suspect that he is goading him into being a better player by threatening him with a transfer. That said RObbie at Ajax would be a good thing.
    That question was less stupid, though you asked it in a profoundly stupid way.

Help me, Arthur Murphy, you're my only hope!

Quote Originally Posted by Dodge
    I bow to no one. bar Bluebeard and Mr A

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eire06
    Just read ronans posts.... A bit sus alright either that or you have a seriously scary stalker PM
    Im not a stalker of the pm. Im just intriged by his posts. Sure Im not the only one who is. As for leon what are you on about? I was only recognising a great post by Jamaicas finest. Robbie Keane has achieved amazing things in an Irish jersey. He is a lot better than given credit for.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ronan85
    Im not a stalker of the pm. Im just intriged by his posts. Sure Im not the only one who is. As for leon what are you on about? I was only recognising a great post by Jamaicas finest. Robbie Keane has achieved amazing things in an Irish jersey. He is a lot better than given credit for.

Ignore $Leon$ Ronan, he never makes decent contributions to the forum. Controversial as he is, the PM makes a great contribution to the forum.
    "In life, it aint about how hard you can hit, it's about how hard you can get hit, and keep on moving forward"

Rocky Balboa

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Robbie Keane: Higher Level: C+..... Good, but could do better.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts
    By all accounts Robbie was particularly wasteful on Wednesday at Charlton, along with Kanoute. Each contrived to miss a hatful of chances all set up by Andy Reid (who also had a free kick cleared off the line).

Jol said something like "Robbie's great technically and scores great goals". Reading between the lines this means he should score more bread & butter goals. Maybe I'm being too critical but I thought Robbie shouldn't have given Shay any chance to make that save last weeken though I concede he had only been on the pitch abouyt 5 mins.

Just constructive criticism

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    I spent Sunday afternoon/night in the Temple Bar pub in Dublin with a certain drunk Robbie Keane drinking Guinness and Red bull and vodka (not all mixed in one super glass), he was dancing like a nut and when my friend asked him to sign a photo of him in the paper he shouted 'Who's that gorgeous b*stard, I should be called Robbie 'Brad Pitt' Keane as he dribbled onto his lovely girlfriend. I like ratting up people, haha. He also told me to back him to scroe 1st in Israel. I will if he's not still hungover

Sadly viewing the houses that were once Milltown
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    779 Posts
    Robbie Keane - record Irish goal scorer, does friendlies, gentleman - a class act.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    60 Posts
    He had a good weekend then as he was on the lash on Saturday night in the company of Damien Duff in that club off Grafton Street, along with their girlfriends.
    Always look on the bright side of life

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Robbie Keane - record Irish goal scorer, does friendlies, gentleman - a class act.
    Totally agree, sound fella aswell..

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OwlsFan
    Agree completely. Robbie does the business for Ireland and that's all that matters. There are players who have done a lot less for Ireland, got involved in a lot worse antics than Robbie and behaved in a dreadful manner, yet they seem to receive god-like status.
    "Love many, trust few, always paddle your own canoe." Dillo

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Robbie Keane

Has Robbie put his feet out of the spurs door and into the transfer market by his actions yestreday.It seems Robbies frustration has taken its toll.Robbie probaly shouldnt of done what he did but i think robbie has gorwn impatiened with jol.Every time spurs are linked with a move Robbie seems to be part of the package,This can not have a good affect on a player.Spurs do have four very good strikers, But does robbie have the patience and the will to win his place in the starting eleven?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts
    Why, what did he do yesterday?
    Cork City: Making 'Dream Team' seem realistic since 2007.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    185 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tiktok
    Why, what did he do yesterday?
    AFAIK, he had a go at Jol about not playing him enough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Jol dismisses frustrated Keane's strop

http://www.rte.ie/sport/2005/0403/keanerobbie.html
    Sunday, April 03 2005 12:00

Robbie Keane's future with Tottenham looks increasingly uncertain after the out-of-favour striker stormed down the tunnel when it became apparent he would not feature at all in his side's 1-1 draw at Birmingham.

Despite netting 15 goals in all competitions (nine in the Premiership) for Spurs this season, Keane again found himself on the substitutes' bench yesterday, with manager Martin Jol favouring Fredi Kanoute to partner top scorer Jermain Defoe up front.

And when Spurs' third substitute, striker Mido, came on for the injured Noureddine Naybet in the 71st minute, Keane could not hide his frustration at Jol's decision.

However, Jol was dismissive of the Irish international's tantrum: "It's not about Robbie Keane, it's about the club. We made some good changes and Mido had a great chance.

"Maybe Robbie Keane was angry but it's not a problem for us, it's his problem. It was difficult enough as it was."
    Its not the first time Robbie has been linked in the transfer market. There is 4 strikers at spurs and if Kanoute is getting the nod before Robbie then he should maybe think about moving to another club. Robbie is hard to play with IMO

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Well it does not sound too good for Robbie.He really should be playing regular football to keep his confidence and sharpness up but he can't react the way he did.Jol seems like a stubborn man who likes to stick to his guns and could leave Robbie on the bench for longer than he is allready.I don't know what to suggest.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He was right to be angry but stupid to do what he did, eitherway it's not the end for him at Spurs if he pulls his socks up and apologises.

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    He's not good enough for spurs or most premership teams or ireland for that matter when he's good enough he will get his chance but i can't see that being anytime soon.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz3
    He's not good enough for spurs or most premership teams or ireland for that matter when he's good enough he will get his chance but i can't see that being anytime soon.

what are you on about he aint good enough for ireland???? for feck sake, we are a country with a population of 4million, u show me other countries with that size population who have similar ability footballers. he is light years ahead of nearly all of them, he is our record goalscorer of ALL time, and has scored against some of the top footballing nations in the world. there is no better striker to have donned the irish jersey.. that was your 35th post, i pity those who have read the previous 34...sort it out

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by skitz3
    I'd imagine most Premiership sides would quite fancy him to be honest.

But not good enough for Ireland? Eh? How in God's name do you figure that one out?
    My other posts are intelligent and witty. This one is an exception.

www.kerins.org

Playstation Network: DanK_SFC