Results 2,041 to 2,060 of 7554

Thread: Robbie Keane

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scram View Post
    Yes, and he could be doing this for Ireland if he had Andy Reid to supply quality ball.
    Great to see Keane scoring, two typical Keane goals as well. He is def making a big difference to the pool this year.

Saw highlights of the Sunderland game and Reid laid on a great ball for their goal. However, he gave the ball away carelessly a few times particularly in the second half when he pretty much put one of the Portsmouth players through with a back pass.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dr_peepee View Post
    Is it a fitness thing I wonder?
    According to the report in today's Indo, Benitez had a word with him about being constantly substituted: http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...t-1530918.html
    Benitez said that he had spoken to Keane about the frequency with which he is being substituted and told the Ireland forward that he takes him off because the game usually needs a different kind of attacker at some juncture in the second half.
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Read in the metro this morning and bout keane being substituted and he said that its good competition FOR Torres....does that mean he plans on only having one of them playing?!
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    a fit keane and torres is a partnership to match any in europe . this business of subbing robbie after 70 mins in every game is a joke . give keane the right supply and you get goals for both club and country .

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,311 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    Read in the metro this morning and bout keane being substituted and he said that its good competition FOR Torres....does that mean he plans on only having one of them playing?!
    I doubt it, they played together as a partnership right up until Torres got injured
    All goals, yellow and red cards tweeted in real time on mastodon, BlueSky and facebook

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    ya but that was before kuyt had scored 6 goals...
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Benitez always liked four five 1 but he will be flexible and Keane Gerrard Kuyt and Torres will be interchangeable.

The days of a definitive first 11 are long gone. Injuries, and form and the opponents all dictate the modern managers thinking.
    In Trap we trust

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,693 Posts

"horror miss, really awful" by Keane according to BBC live match updates.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Inexplicably tried to chip the keeper when all he had to do was tap it by Jaaskelainen using his left foot. Awful miss. He messed up another chance to go clear a few mins later. First touch let him down. Not Robbies best game(so far). Link for match
    http://www.ustream.tv/videoplayerpopup/channel/343147

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    19 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    Absolutely terrible miss. Worse even on second viewing. The only consolation for me is that he wasn't wearing a green shirt at the time.

PP
    Semper in faecibus sole profundum variat

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    It was truly awful. As bad as the miss against Athletico Madrid. Ball was pulled back perfectly for him and he went with his right when he should have just tapped it in from 2 yards with his left.

Watched the full game and he was making some good runs but when he got on the ball he never did anything with it. Very disappointing after his couple of goals last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    He is so hot and cold sometimes. Then subbed for at 60. Just not a guy to count on when things are stressful as good as he was last week.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    I seem to be getting abuse off Liverpool fans (work, friends but thank God no family member supports em ) every time he misses a chance?! I'm trying to defend him but christ after another howler like that today mr moaner might end up following Bellamy out the door after 1 season.

He must be getting annoyed with Benitez's substitution policy right now. On a hat trick against WBA and subbed and then taken off after 60 minutes. 5 men in MF against Bolton?
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

You'll NEVER beat the Irish.......you'll just draw with us instead!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    4 goals and 4 assists so far in premiership and CL. Not bad and as we know he gets better later in the season.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    4 goals and 4 assists so far in premiership and CL. Not bad and as we know he gets better later in the season.
    20 million outlay and only two goals in the PL? He needs to start bucking his ideas up fast because Benitez seems to have a hard on for 4-5-1 and once Torres is fit then Keano might find himself being used as an impact sub which would be disastrous for our World Cup campaign.
    "If God had meant football to be played in the air, he'd have put grass in the sky." Brian Clough.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shakermaker1982 View Post
    20 million outlay and only two goals in the PL? He needs to start bucking his ideas up fast because Benitez seems to have a hard on for 4-5-1 and once Torres is fit then Keano might find himself being used as an impact sub which would be disastrous for our World Cup campaign.
    Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez don't have many goals either but I don't think Ferguson would be worried about that.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    It was a bad miss and particularly considering the miss against madrid only a few weeks ago. He really should just have put his foot through it. But having said that both Gerrard and Torres missed really good chances in the second half but we wont hear anything about them. Although both of them redeemed themselves with the second goal.

With Keane only playing on average 70 mins, i wonder is that a concern for us ie that he will not be able to put in a good full 90 mins for us from a fitness point of view.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Although it is only a friendly it is difficult to see Robbie being pulled by Liverpool. They also pulled Gerrard from the England squad. Any bets that they'[ll be fine for next weekend. Likewise Man utd rested Rooney and Ferdinand yesterday and pulled them from the England squad. Any odds they'll make a lazerus like recovery in time for next weekend?

For a friendly it is annoying but not a huge deal so long as it doesn't start happening later in the season for our big qualifiers.

It does appear McGeady is genuinely injured. I have doubts around the others.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gspain View Post
    Although it is only a friendly it is difficult to see Robbie being pulled by Liverpool. They also pulled Gerrard from the England squad. Any bets that they'[ll be fine for next weekend. Likewise Man utd rested Rooney and Ferdinand yesterday and pulled them from the England squad. Any odds they'll make a lazerus like recovery in time for next weekend?

For a friendly it is annoying but not a huge deal so long as it doesn't start happening later in the season for our big qualifiers.

It does appear McGeady is genuinely injured. I have doubts around the others.
    Well hes withdrawn from the squad for def, not a great surprise knowing Liverpools record on this.......though i dont necessarily think its a bad thing for this game. We already know as much as we need to about Robbie. No harm try something different up front. Noel Hunt has been called up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    214 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eirebhoy View Post
    Berbatov, Rooney and Tevez don't have many goals either but I don't think Ferguson would be worried about that.
    To be fair to Fergie as long as Ronaldo's fit he knows they'll be ok Liverpool on the other hand without a fit Torres are relying on Kuty to bail em out..... Keane needs to be careful. Keano works hard for the team and we all know he is not suited as a lone striker in a 4-5-1 so it's partly Benitez's fault that Keano isn't racking up the goals but the chances he is getting are not being converted.

Oh well he has a nice break to recuperate. It's going to be very interesting to see who the Trap will call up as Keane's replacement. Will we see McCarthy (not like for like but Noel Hunt has already been drafted in) or will be see the return of singer/songwriter Andy Reid?
    Last edited by shakermaker1982; 17/11/2008 at 6:41 AM. Reason: change of word