Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lets make it a good atmosphere

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts

Lets make it a good atmosphere

Look lads this is when the players need us most tomorrow night so lets make an extra effort and sing our hearts out for the lads as they genuinely do care( excluding 1 or 2). So lets all get to the ground early and show a sea of green.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    130 Posts
    Agree with ya, this is our national team at the end of the day, no matter what you think about Stan etc!

We need to make it as good as atmosphere as we can!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Wont be there mysel, cant get to any more Ireland matches. But a decent atmosphere is essential, however I can see the atmosphere tomorrow being terrible, sure against the Swiss last year we couldnt even create a good atmosphere. Our home support is, by in large crap.

Hope Im proved wrong and there is a great atmosphere at the match tomorrow, but I just cant see this happening

Sorry for being so pessimistic but...

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I agree --- Whatever about our fellins towards the FAI, Stan and some of the players i think the ones on show tomorrow need our support more than ever. There will be a lot of the younger players tomorrow due to injuries and we need them to know we are behind them fully. I will be takin the day off work in Dallas to watch as i think a few drinks may have to be taken for this one! Had no drink for Cyprus game and i cant get it out of my head!

CMON IRELAND --- GIVE US SOMETHING TO CHEER ABOUT!

PS - Good odds on Bettin as a result of our hiding on Saturday! Robbie Keane to score first and Ireland to win 2-0 is 18-1! (Gettin optimistic again!)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    20 Posts
    I agree. there is nuthin worse than a load of sheep following the media. if you cared as much about ireland as ye all let on you will put ur feelings aside for 90 mins and support the team. You all wanted to give him time to see how he gets on. well now ya know what we already knew after holland game. if we get a "manager" in after staunton is jettisoned we may actually need the 3 points on offer here tomoro. that swiss match was totally the fans fault who created a nasty atmosphere from the word go. I hated Macarthy but I didnt need 30 odd thousand others to let me know he was crap and start booing. get behind what is supposedly your team and save the moaning for the pub after. if they play crap by all means boo them off the pitch but if ya cant get behind the team for what is only one of very few matches a year then everyone who comes on here and says the Irish fans are not real supporters are 100% right.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    In fairness, i really think the Irish fans have always responded when the ****** has been kicked out of us. Landsdowne is a proud old place, would hate to see the old stadium go out in such a bitter manner, with irish fans boo-ing their own team. Lets give the team a good oul shout and let them prove themselves for once and for all. Fook staunton out after the game - win, lose or draw so that progress can be made in the long term. Lets not let ourselves down by stooping to behavior that belongs at english league grounds. we have given great support to our team over the last 2o years, and have had high's as well as lows. I know if i were playing for Ireland after last saturday's debacle, and i came out to a landsdowne roar, I would fookin well tear in to them czechs. I have no doubt the team will want to repay the fans - lets give them a fair crack at it. This will be one of the last times our anthem will be played at landsdowne, so lets put some gusto into it. lets give the czechs a reminder about how it used to be. I do not for one second think that the team or the fans will surrender. C'mon Ireland - we are irish - not english.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tuff Paddy View Post
    I agree with you, but I've watched enough international football down the decades to also be a realist. We are going to get whipped tomorrow night. Big time.

San Marino tickets arrived as well today. That looks like a tough one.

Tomorrow night is a foregone conclusion no matte rhow hard we try. The team we are putting out is woeful. I really do hope I'm wrong though

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Naitch View Post
    Look lads this is when the players need us most tomorrow night so lets make an extra effort and sing our hearts out for the lads as they genuinely do care( excluding 1 or 2). So lets all get to the ground early and show a sea of green.
    Agree totally

Its been a tough few days and very frustrating, but we need to get behind the team

Lets lift the roof off Lansdowne before the bulldozers move in.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    161 Posts
    I actually believe we will do quite well tomorrow other than the end result. I don't think we will get hammered and the fans should get behind the team. give everything for the entire 90 mins + and lets see if the team respond. I believe they will and we will see a much improved performance from what we witnessed on Saturday. But it still might not be enough to avoid a beating.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    they need us more than ever, despite the hurtful display against cyprus we must try our best to make it an intimidating atmosphere for the czechs

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    yea i'll be singin my heart out today anyway, but if i dont get hart back my mood will change. if its not going their way and they're at least trying i'll be happy

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i'm a man of principal. I would never, ever put money on a team that ireland was playing. I'd rather stick te money in a savings account, and watch it grow over 10 years t give me an even money return than bet n our opposition. Just my opinion.

Somethings are priceless, for everything else, there's mastercard.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    i feel better already. I am relativley new to this board, but I have read enough posts from joema, tuf paddy, noelys guitar , elroy and dallas irish, that i already feel better to see sensible lads coming around after saturday's debacle. i hope this mood carries through the anger of cyprus, and we se a great night at landsdowne. I dont care if we lose. I want to go to bed tomorrow night with the feeling that we have restored a bit of pride, and shown a bit of the irish character. ......and then for the room to start spinning from the porter....C'MON IRELAND!!! - no matter what happens, i would'nt swap supporting ireland for any other team. we'll get cyprus in croke park and make them fookers pay for what they put is through. I want to see Richie Dunne put constantinou into the canal end. Then all will be well.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    billsthoughts gets his own special man. there's an irish supporter if ever i saw one. fairplay. he's getting a pint when i come home in march.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Don't forget your inflatable hammers!!!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    I would not like 2 c the young lads being booed like mc shane, henderson etc...but the souless uninterested muck that played saturday should be booed and humiliated....i.e kilbane ,morrison, o shea, finnan, andy o brien should be dropped til he gets a club !!!!!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Soko View Post
    Tomorrow night is a foregone conclusion no matte rhow hard we try. The team we are putting out is woeful. I really do hope I'm wrong though
    Yes the Czechs will be much stronger than us, but as long as those in green shirts give it their all, then there can be no complaints. What will not be acceptable will be our guys rolling over in a performance without passion.

Big night for John O'Shea tonight, his last chance to show what he is made of.
    Honest! I am not a secret Tim nor a closet Sham - I really am a Seagull.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bwagner View Post
    I would not like 2 c the young lads being booed like mc shane, henderson etc...but the souless uninterested muck that played saturday should be booed and humiliated....i.e kilbane ,morrison, o shea, finnan, andy o brien should be dropped til he gets a club !!!!!!

We badly need a result tonight so let's get behind the team. Booing our own players is counter productive - it puts our team off and is an incentive for the opposition.

If it's going to be hostile, make sure it's only hostile for the opposition.

Lets make it a good atmosphere

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Superhoops View Post
    Yes the Czechs will be much stronger than us, but as long as those in green shirts give it their all, then there can be no complaints. What will not be acceptable will be our guys rolling over in a performance without passion.

Big night for John O'Shea tonight, his last chance to show what he is made of.
    exactly, we dont ask for anything else but heart. second comes the result.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Our 2nd last game in 'The Old' Lansdowne Road lets give it some

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast