Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Michael Doyle

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    You guys have got it all wrong, Stutts is not au fait with the devious ways of internet deception. He's way too honest for that.
    I should know because he's a chip from the old block, unlike ye rootless gods****s.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    401 Posts
    You are two peas in a pod with Gastric, Geysir. What happened to him?
    No Somos muchos pero estamos locos.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    You guys have got it all wrong, Stutts is not au fait with the devious ways of internet deception. He's way too honest for that.
    I should know because he's a chip from the old block, unlike ye rootless gods****s.
    The endlessly naive geysir, ladies and gentlemen

4. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Good man stutts you didn't even spell his name right oh wise one

Stu its harder to tell on mobile if someone is being smart....so the word groomed. I hope you werent!!!

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_oshea View Post
    you definitely are quite similar his opinions are pretty spot on and well orchestrated but he goes ott sometimes to take away from his points.
    I've acknowledged that we often agree. The substantial point you seem to miss is the fallacious way he presents many of his key arguments. It's not being OTT, it's being disingenuous.

Thanks for the spelling critique.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Stuttgart88 View Post
    I've acknowledged that we often agree. The substantial point you seem to miss is the fallacious way he presents many of his key arguments. It's not being OTT, it's being disingenuous.

Thanks for the spelling critique.
    What is fallacious? How did I twist Jack's comments in any way, shape or form?

It would be fallacious if Jack had not mentioned England - or just mentioned England in nonchalant, passing form - and I claimed that he wanted to play for England.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    You present firm conclusions from obvious ambiguity.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    What is fallacious? How did I twist Jack's comments in any way, shape or form?

It would be fallacious if Jack had not mentioned England - or just mentioned England in nonchalant, passing form - and I claimed that he wanted to play for England.
    He's not even suggested he wants to play for England, yet you've been insisting to us that he will and that it is what he secretly intends to do. Similarly, you also tried to twist Robbie Keane's comments on accepting retirement gracefully when his international day comes to suit your own pre-configured conclusions in suggesting that he'll storm out in a huff refusing to play for us ever again if not selected. Robbie has been our most committed servant over the years with 130 caps to his name. There's very little prima donna in him when it comes to playing for Ireland.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,912 Posts
    TOWHK seamlessly shifts from the cynical fraudulent argument, to playing the victim.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by geysir View Post
    TOWHK seamlessly shifts from the cynical fraudulent argument, to playing the victim.
    How have I played the victim? I'm not feeling sorry for myself. What on Earth gave you that conclusion?

Cynical is calling players like Sammon, McShane, Cox and Walters sh*te even when it may not be warranted. I'll admit that I am guilty of that, just like everyone else. Fraudulent, I think, is an extremely strong word to describe my opinion/argument. I also think it's rather unnecessary.

If I had ascribed quotes to Robbie Keane that never came out of his mouth, that would be fraudulent. If I had no source for said quotes, then that would also be fraudulent. As it turns out, Keane's quotes are in the public domain and reported on in several mainstream papers.

At the end of the day, it's just an opinion. Whether Keane would retire or throw a hissy fit if he was dropped is just conjecture.

But to act like what I said is so incendiary is a bit over the top.

As for Jack Grealish, there is nothing remotely ambiguous about his comments. His intentions, maybe. I never said he would declare for England because I'm not the oracle.

There is also no need for the treatise about what it means to be Irish and English. I have an uncle that has lived practically his entire life in England and plenty of English family members.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheOneWhoKnocks View Post
    What is fallacious?
    It's when a woman and man love each other very,very much and she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and then he xxxxxxxxxxxx, then she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, before finally he xxxxxxxxxx.

Or maybe it's not Stutts getting another spelling wrong and my explanation is, well, fallacious too.
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

14. Thanks From:

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,690 Posts
    That's something Eminence Grise and TOWK have in common: each is a cunning linguist.

TOWK is playing with words in post no. 70 above. In the strict literal sense Grealish's words were clear (unless they were muttered), the intention ambiguous. But it's pure wordsmithery to suggest that a comment can be clear while its intention isn't and to argue on that basis.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    900 Posts
    Indeed, Stutts, but your thanks took my total to five hundred and, um, sixty-nine...
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    It's when a woman and man love each other very,very much and she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and then he xxxxxxxxxxxx, then she xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, before finally he xxxxxxxxxx.

Or maybe it's not Stutts getting another spelling wrong and my explanation is, well, fallacious too.
    He what exactly relaxes?..., its only her, you must read the same books or misquote or misspell just like Stutts ; )

Stutts i think you stole the cunning linguist from me.

I think Towk has the beating of everyone on here, hence the feathers and a few cages rattled, the old heads frown in disgust, a bit of that Bill.

How many goals did robbie score in so many appearances for some such club, did we get to the bottom of that bill I think i know who won that one as well as our friends the rooneys.

I think Towk is using this media as a debating tool to aid his studies.
    Last edited by paul_oshea; 11/03/2014 at 4:34 PM.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    Towk is young though perhaps its stutts son being coerced/coax/coached/cajoled/ how many more words beginning with c can I add without actually finding the word I'm looking for.DI would have it for me by now.
    I think 'cowed' must be the word you're looking for.

19. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,284 Posts
    I think Towk has the beating of everyone on here
    Ah, so that's why he doesn't need to bother with responding to half the futile counter-arguments levelled against him?

Capped Player
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    846 Posts
    Exactly, when one knows, one doesn't need to, secure in the knowledge of oneself.
    I'm a bloke,I'm an ocker
    And I really love your knockers,I'm a labourer by day,
    I **** up all me pay,Watching footy on TV,
    Just feed me more VB,Just pour my beer,And get my smokes, And go away

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    In Paul O'Shea's world, not engaging with an argument and obfuscating the issue is proof that you're so right you don't even need to back up your points.

International Prospect
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    446 Posts
    Tbh, besides each poster's opinion, this overall debate is not especially important.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    517 Posts
    "If I'm enjoying it with Ireland and I won't be pressured into playing for England," says Grealish. "The English FA met dad and I before this campaign started and told me where I'd be playing for them (their under 19s). We had already spoken to Noel (King) by that stage and thought, as I'd be with the under 21s, Ireland was the best place for me.

"It's hard to say what's going to happen because I'm only 18, aren't I? For the next couple of years, I want to play for Ireland. That's not saying I'm going to go back to England – just that you never know what's going to happen."

Grealish is happy playing with the U-21s as they offer him more competitive football than the England U-19s. For now he is happy to play for Ireland. His long-term future is clearly left open for interpretation.

Will someone - for the love of God - please tell me how I manipulated what he was saying?

I appreciate the comment he made on Twitter. He was hardly going to say "Yeah I'm playing for the U-21s now and I'm going to up and leave when England give me senior recognition."

I also appreciate the fact that the rules state that he is free to declare for any country he is legally obliged to.

I also appreciate the fact that cultural identity is a subject that I may have underestimated but to be completely frank I think that is utterly irrelevant in this case. Just my opinion and I am entitled to it.

Some of you really resemble a baying mob.

As for Robbie Keane... I've already said my piece on that, suffice to say that people accused me of lying about certain quotes and then I produced said quotes sourced in The Irish Independent and Guardian.

The comments are in the public domain and perfectly decipherable. We can all read whatever we want into them without losing basic courtesy.

Bottom line. Jack is ours for now, I hope it stays that way and he is entitled to change allegiances if he wants to.

Hopefully if Robbie is picked against Scotland, Germany and Poland, he can bang in the goals.

Plain as!

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast