A thread for the Women's Premier Division and all associated competitions, including the one taking centre stage this weekend, the All Ireland Cup.

Two rounds played so far for most teams - the uneven number of sides means that Treaty and Sligo have played but once apiece.

In order of the current standings:

Galway: until teams work out how to consistently create a greater number of high-quality chances against Galway then I'm having them as contenders, albeit outside shots. Could be en excellent cup team again, they fit the profile.

Shelbourne: I watched Shels struggle to break Sligo down a fortnight ago but you'd hardly stress when there is so much quality in the squad. Jess Gargan back is huge, Éabha O'Mahony is a player with huge potential and Roma McLaughlin is a class above. Still have the old guard and some wonderful young players like Hannah Healy.

Treaty United: the Canadians continue to arrive and the McCormack revolution is on. I have no idea how good they'll be!

Bohs: a great start in Wexford and then I was in attendance for a frustrating afternoon at home to Athlone. I expect that such might be the pattern of the season. Some great young additions, including Aoibhe Brennan, who looks a player and two huge signings in Ruddy and, especially, McEvoy. Some big losses too though.

Peamount: the Champs and, along with Shels, the favourites. A great mixture, a great balance and a great deal of talent. Hoping for a good draw in Europe.

Athlone: are on a run of a few great years and will be hoping to keep it rolling. Lost a star in Scheriff and added a rising star on Howe.

Shamrock Rovers: first of all I am not sure what this craic about not filling the bench is about. I'd have a few concerns about this setup but they have some class acts in their squad - Scarlett Herron as much as any of the big names.

Sligo Rovers: I was very impressed in Tolka with their workrate and organisation. They needed to improve to keep pace. Zoe McGlynn is a fabulous footballer who outshone bigger names on the day.

DLR: could be a tricky year but I think the bottoming out is already done now.

Wexford: I don't know. I really don't know. It's a good squad on paper.

Cork: a few wee concerns here to be honest. Their best players are teenagers.