Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 359 of 405 FirstFirst ... 259309349357358359360361369 ... LastLast
Results 7,161 to 7,180 of 8099

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    'Robbie Keans's quiet relationship' were the FAI not hiding that they were paying him to do nnothing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    101 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread, but it seems the ROI played their first international at Lansdowne in 1971 (vs Italy, ECQ), but continued to play some internationals at Dalymount thereafter]
    I wasn’t able to go to the Italy match but still remember cycling to Lansdowne on the Sunday before the match to watch them train- and got Mazzola,and Fachetti’s autographs and others ; there was no security etc. and it was great to see what to me were almost ‘gods’ in the flesh ( right up there with our own Mick Leech) whom we’d all got to know via TV coverage of the 1970 World Cup finals….. innocent times
    Last edited by Calcio Jack; 16/08/2022 at 4:06 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    'Robbie Keans's quiet relationship' were the FAI not hiding that they were paying him to do nnothing?

What exactly is the quiet relationship we have with Robbie Keane? Its so quiet I'm a supporter and don't know about it
    I know he is mates with a few of the staff and shows up from time to time but AFAIK that's it.
    Might have a youngster in the Academy as well i think but i don't think he has any official role.
    That article is a bunch of rehashed blah blah

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    What exactly is the quiet relationship we have with Robbie Keane? Its so quiet I'm a supporter and don't know about it
    I know he is mates with a few of the staff and shows up from time to time but AFAIK that's it.
    Might have a youngster in the Academy as well i think but i don't think he has any official role.
    By "quiet relationship", do they mean 'hush money' ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    646 Posts
    He still dreams of playing for rovers I think.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Knowing the FAI, probably about €100,000 a year contract that is still running!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    Knowing the FAI, probably about €100,000 a year contract that is still running!
    100K would be nice. It's actually over 250K per year he's getting from the FAI for sitting on his Swiss - 5K per week!
    It's still running as far as I know.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Is that the going rate for a spy these days! Is it true that he really isnt considered a good coach or is that just rubbing it in for why he got the job and has since refused ambassador roles, academy coaching guesting around the country, wouldnt go the mutual termination route or pay reduction, refused outside job offers that dont pay as much for a new inexperienced coach. For all that JD has done this episode almost worked - managed to appoint the 2 popular choices to the same job while getting his eyes and ears on the ground and where his man was intended to be learning the ropes to be next in the job. It was probably one of his most impressive schemes if he had lasted long enough to see it through

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    29 Posts
    The Irish Times piece on Monday said the fourth stand in Tallaght is 2,500, and will increase capacity to 10,500. Where did those extra 500 seats come from? I had thought it'd just be a replica of the one at the other end

https://www.irishtimes.com/sport/soc...the-dark-ages/

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    172 Posts
    Tallaght currently has capacity in and around 7,300, give or take some seasts on East stand as a buffer for away fans, so an additional 2,500 seats would see prospective attendedances of around
    9, 800 if full.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    53 Posts
    Tallaght is 8000 without the buffer zone at the away end and the blocked seats at the front of the east and south stands. South stand holds 2160. North stand will be bigger.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    54 Posts
    All this talk about Tallaght and its stands, what about other clubs. Most don't even have proper stands. Finn Harps, Drogs even Shels, UCD and Dundalk. And we won't even go to the First Division.......!

What is it about Stadium building projects here over the years, Build one stand to start with and they will come!

Field of Dreams - People Will Come!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    190 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nr637 View Post
    What is it about Stadium building projects here over the years, Build one stand to start with and they will come!

Field of Dreams - People Will Come!
    Athlone would beg to differ!
    Paaatrick's Agletic

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Athlone are unique in a number of ways, never really fit the norms. I agree that Finn Harps should have one main stand in Stranrorlar and playing there on a purpose laid pitch rather than a bit of a field that gets an occasional cut, and they'd not be still going from scratch today. The single stand would have been a platform to kick on from for harps who still have an attachment to their community. Athlone could be playing home games in Croke Park and the people of Athlone would barely notice.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Athlone are unique in a number of ways, never really fit the norms. I agree that Finn Harps should have one main stand in Stranrorlar and playing there on a purpose laid pitch rather than a bit of a field that gets an occasional cut, and they'd not be still going from scratch today. The single stand would have been a platform to kick on from for harps who still have an attachment to their community. Athlone could be playing home games in Croke Park and the people of Athlone would barely notice.
    Couldn't disagree more, would have current Finn Park in its currents state over a soulless one stand venue
    54 Crew-Finn Harps FC Supporters Club
    Following Harps Home & Away
    https://www.facebook.com/54CrewFHFC

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    Couldn't disagree more, would have current Finn Park in its currents state over a soulless one stand venue
    You and me both. Athlone situation was the nightmare scenario for Harps. Would have been devastating for the growth of the club.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    A means to an end! Athlone's experience should not influence the decision making elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    You and me both. Athlone situation was the nightmare scenario for Harps. Would have been devastating for the growth of the club.
    Can this be shown or is a matter of opinion? The issue with a single stand if it all stops at that forever and and a day. Now I know there is some contradiction, even irony, to believe that finishing the main stand and moving in would have expedited further development, but It is my opinion, one that I cant back up, is that at a minimum Harps would have the stand and at least 2 terraces behind each goal done and it would not be implausible that a 2nd stand was done also as to have had the 1st one completed would mean that there werent the issues that delayed the whole project.

That said, I can completely understand the negative response to a single stand in terms of atmosphere etc. But to take Tallaght as an example, it was one stand finished initially and the stadium then in use and additional developments came in reasonably quickly afterwords. The relief to have a place called home for Rovers fans probably dampened any concerns about moving in with a single stand in place. (At least I think there was just the main stand for a while while the ground was used by Rovers).
    Last edited by Nesta99; 23/08/2022 at 12:39 PM.

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    A single stand ground was not acceptable to us. No or very little atmosphere, hard to build the match night experience that draws people in and keeps them coming, soon people are saying the other stands aren't needed. Tallaght was different as a council was driving it and they were coming from no home at all to a massive catchment area.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    A single stand ground was not acceptable to us. No or very little atmosphere, hard to build the match night experience that draws people in and keeps them coming, soon people are saying the other stands aren't needed. Tallaght was different as a council was driving it and they were coming from no home at all to a massive catchment area.
    The council ended up driving it, it was an initial 1 stand development by the club only as a stepping stone to further development.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Even if they closed in the ground a bit in Athlone it would feel better. Like the way it is in Broadhurst park for FC United.