Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 194 of 408 FirstFirst ... 94144184192193194195196204244294 ... LastLast
Results 3,861 to 3,880 of 8146

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    122 Posts
    Buckley Park will be back in use again shortly. Kilkenny are entering a team in the Women's National League and will play their home games there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,358 Posts
    God damn it...I read the first part of your post and almost jumped out of my seat with joy at Kilkenny returning to the league.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    No! As it is Dalymount is a large open ground with areas that are closed off. The atmosphere will improve as the ground gets closed in even if attendances stay the same. The advantage of having another 10k stadium in Dublin is that it removes the issue of Tallaght or Dalymount being used if either Bohs or Rovers are in a final and either ground can be used to do away with 'home' advantage. If they are playing each other move it to Turners Cross If games have to be moved for European football I'd much rather it moved to Dalymount than Tallaght as much for convenience as a dislike of Tallaght Stadium.
    Agreed. I love Dalymount. It's a real throwback to an older time. It's a pity it was allowed get so bad, but even still, the scope for it to be far and away the best league ground in the country is there. Personally speaking I'd like to see DCC use the head on this one a little bit, and work with the Dept of Education and the Dept of Sport. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something good for the whole area. I think there is probably scope to incorporate the school into the ground project too.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    . Personally speaking I'd like to see DCC use the head on this one a little bit, and work with the Dept of Education and the Dept of Sport. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to do something good for the whole area. I think there is probably scope to incorporate the school into the ground project too.
    I'd imagine some input from DCU would be more productive than Dept of S&T. Have DCU a 'stadium' of good infrastructure to host their teams. It could mean some thought on pitch dimensions and heaven forbid the foresight to incorporate movable or extendable seating ala stadia with running tracks. Pitch usage and subsequent maintenance would be outside Boh's running costs possibly then too. But it is a once off chance to do it right regardless. I hope it wont be a piecemeal effort due to limited funding without being a celtic tiger level of cost either. It was reported that BATE spent something like €50mil on their 13k stadium - now either thats a lost in translation issue or every seat 1s heated and made of leather and suede!?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    every seat 1s heated and made of leather and suede!?
    I'll check for you next week!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    More from Matt about the deal. There was a media scrum at Dalymount today - should be stuff in the papers tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/podoherty/v...type=3&theater

8. Thanks From:

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    More from Matt about the deal. There was a media scrum at Dalymount today - should be stuff in the papers tomorrow.

https://www.facebook.com/podoherty/v...type=3&theater
    He is a clear and credible communicator - in stark contrast to the egotists who led Bohs on the rocks of near insolvency

10. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Yossarian View Post
    I'll check for you next week!!
    Yes yes rub it in!!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    880 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezeikial View Post
    He is a clear and credible communicator - in stark contrast to the egotists who led Bohs on the rocks of near insolvency
    Can I ask genuinely is Matt from the same area of Dublin as Pat Fenlon as they sound quite alike?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Don't know where Devaney is from but that's a north Co Dublin accent. Nutsy is north inner city, Finglas I think.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Very positive and honest summary of the situation with Bohs in the video. They held their hands up and now it's time to move on...
    My only concern is that there were big plans for Tallaght as well.. 10k if you remember and Rovers have ended up with 6,000 seats in a nice ground but one that isn't finished, it really needs the ends to be completed..
    I'd hate to see Bohs being promised a 10k seater and then getting it piecemeal on the basis "that the demand isn't there" the City council might be slow to build (pay for) 10,000 seats for a club getting 2,000 -3,000 every other week,
    Bohs fans be careful that you don't end up with just 2 or 3 sides being built! better go for it and get the whole thing done at 6000 - 7000 capacity with pre-planned capability of extending it later...by filling in corners etc.
    beware big plans and caveats on budgets and building schedules... these things have a habit of slipping...
    innit though??

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I feel sorry for Rovers in a way over Tallaght. Anyone who has ever played football there, whether in Fettercairn, Aylesbury, Dodder Valley, or Postal knows the place is a bloody wind tunnel. If you build a stadium with a gape bigger than Christy Mack's with two stands either side, then you have a bigger wind tunnel.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    Very positive and honest summary of the situation with Bohs in the video. They held their hands up and now it's time to move on...
    My only concern is that there were big plans for Tallaght as well.. 10k if you remember and Rovers have ended up with 6,000 seats in a nice ground but one that isn't finished, it really needs the ends to be completed..
    I'd hate to see Bohs being promised a 10k seater and then getting it piecemeal on the basis "that the demand isn't there" the City council might be slow to build (pay for) 10,000 seats for a club getting 2,000 -3,000 every other week,
    Bohs fans be careful that you don't end up with just 2 or 3 sides being built! better go for it and get the whole thing done at 6000 - 7000 capacity with pre-planned capability of extending it later...by filling in corners etc.
    beware big plans and caveats on budgets and building schedules... these things have a habit of slipping...
    I'd imagine that the Jodi would be the last to be touched? Even if it ends up only being one stand done at the St Peters or Connaught end they are going to have a better stadium than currently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    Quote Originally Posted by toffeejay View Post
    I'd imagine that the Jodi would be the last to be touched? Even if it ends up only being one stand done at the St Peters or Connaught end they are going to have a better stadium than currently.
    The Jovi holds 3,000ish ya? I agree with toffeejay, do the stand opposite with a 3 or 4,000 seater. And one end 1 or 1,500. Totalling: 7 or 8,000.
    Leave the other end for future development, leave it for flags display until then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,657 Posts
    2750 or so.

I believe DCC & FAI pushed for it to be 10k so it can be used for other functions, games etc, Bohs were shooting for something a bit smaller. It makes sense for DCC to have it built bigger than what we (Bohs) need and hopefully we will grow into it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SkStu View Post
    2750 or so.

I believe DCC & FAI pushed for it to be 10k so it can be used for other functions, games etc, Bohs were shooting for something a bit smaller. It makes sense for DCC to have it built bigger than what we (Bohs) need and hopefully we will grow into it.
    That's right, we'll see if DCC's ambition is matched by exchequer funding.They have a project team for the stadium appointed already, as they realise only too well that they have about five months to put a proposal together for indirect funding by Pascal O Donohues Department.He will want some visible work started before the next election.

Coach
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,081 Posts
    The stadium redevelopment is great news for Bohs but not such good news for any other LOI clubs looking for sports capital grants. This year anyway.
    Upwards to the vanguard where the pressure is too high.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    That's right, we'll see if DCC's ambition is matched by exchequer funding.They have a project team for the stadium appointed already, as they realise only too well that they have about five months to put a proposal together for indirect funding by Pascal O Donohues Department.He will want some visible work started before the next election.
    If DCC and Bohs want good funding for this, they have to get the proposals agreed before an election is called. This is their window. Miss it and the funding won't be there.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    I don't agree on trying to save the Jodi Stand.... tear it all down to the soil and start again.. trying to rescue or integrate anything of the existing ground would be a mistake...and an opportunity for DCC to go half-assed with the project... or to back out half way through... also it'll look awful if the rest is shiny and new... may as well do it all in one shot...
    I'd say the best hope Bohs have is a complete redevelopment, get the bulldozers in there after the last game of the season and flatten the place and start again... the Jodi is a problem in that it's too close to the houses leaving a pretty narrow alley down the back... Bohs could shrink the footprint of the ground, improve access and still deliver a 10k seater...
    Any thoughts on a ground share? would Bohs try to Share with Pats ? I assume Tallaght is out for historic reasons... Morton Stadium still there?
    Last edited by SalvadorSanchez; 14/07/2015 at 2:14 PM.
    innit though??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SalvadorSanchez View Post
    Any thoughts on a ground share? would Bohs try to Share with Pats ? I assume Tallaght is out for historic reasons... Morton Stadium still there?
    That is unthinkably unlikely. Morton Stadium is still there, it's the national athletics stadium.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"