Results 2,921 to 2,940 of 8119

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Neish View Post
    To annoy you
    Its working, and its not even built yet. Now THAT'S impressive !!! :-)
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A face View Post
    Its a pity because its a game that i'd always travel to, but if its totally crap then i wont. Too many years of crap grounds/away sections. Now i just vote with my feet. I'll try it once or twice and if its not up to it then i wont be back until its sorted out.
    I go to every game I can to SUPPORT my team not worry about a bit of rain or a poor view

If your team was playing Limerick away last to win the league, you would still vote with your feet?

3. Thanks From:

Formerly skibbereen co.cork but now Oregon USA
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    I go to every game I can to SUPPORT my team not worry about a bit of rain or a poor view

If your team was playing Limerick away last to win the league, you would still vote with your feet?
    In that case it would be on TV, wont be going back to Dundalk due to the terrible conditions. Cork City brought over 500 to Limerick first game of the season this year, If 200 or more decide not to go to Markets Field then thats €2,000-€3,000 out of Limericks Pockets. Having the stand closer to the pitch wont cost any more, Making the stand bigger might cost a little but would pay for itself in a number of years. We complain that crowds in this league are small. We need to make away facilities comfortable, Dundalk, Markets field and Drogheda are the ones that come to mind. (Although i like Drogheda's section for atmosphere reasons, families would prefer a seated section with a better view)
    west cork district league
    west cork commandos

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    They are looking to let Rugby League use it as well. Ya I said Rugby League, in Ireland.

I think they want schools rugby to use it too but don't see why they would.
    The league rumour has been going around for yonks. In fact, I believe it was LEDP who started the rumours of a Limerick Superleague franchise when all this business started. Utter pie in the sky nonsense, the team doesn't even exist for ****'s sake.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

As i said i'll try it and see, but yes if its bad then i WILL vote with my feet. Like i'll vote with my feet visiting Oriel Park. I will never set foot in there again until i know things have changed. If clubs cant get it together to look after fans, home or away then they need to realise there is the potential to lose their custom, e.g. Dundalk will find that out this year with Cork City Support. They ****ed off far too many last year and they'll pay the price for it.
    The SFAI are the governing body for grassroots football in Ireland, not the FAI. Its success or the lack of is all down to them.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts
    If anyone wants to drop a line to the LEDP and make such opinions, as away fans, known, they're publically viewable e-mail address is info@ledp.ie
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    If anyone wants to drop a line to the LEDP and make such opinions, as away fans, known, they're publically viewable e-mail address is info@ledp.ie
    Does it specify anywhere online what the plans are going to be? Just to direct them to what's been observed.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    584 Posts
    Just the plans that were put up on the LCC website as far as I know.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Does it specify anywhere online what the plans are going to be? Just to direct them to what's been observed.
    Here's the link to the planning application on Limerick City Council's website:
    http://www.limerickcity.ie/ePlan/Fil...141&LASiteID=0

The large drawings have been re-scanned and are online since this morning (so now you can actually view the full drawings).

Final date for submissions about the planning application is 9 december.
    Fight the good fight!

(Now with my very own account on foot.ie - How cool am I? - 15/02/07)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    80 Posts
    As i said i'll try it and see, but yes if its bad then i WILL vote with my feet. Like i'll vote with my feet visiting Oriel Park. I will never set foot in there again until i know things have changed. If clubs cant get it together to look after fans, home or away then they need to realise there is the potential to lose their custom, e.g. Dundalk will find that out this year with Cork City Support. They ****ed off far too many last year and they'll pay the price for it.
    You could pay into the Stand in Oriel (was 15 last season) Were Cork fans not allowed into the stand this season because it was raining (could be wrong)

Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    In that case it would be on TV, wont be going back to Dundalk due to the terrible conditions. Cork City brought over 500 to Limerick first game of the season this year, If 200 or more decide not to go to Markets Field then thats €2,000-€3,000 out of Limericks Pockets. Having the stand closer to the pitch wont cost any more, Making the stand bigger might cost a little but would pay for itself in a number of years. We complain that crowds in this league are small. We need to make away facilities comfortable, Dundalk, Markets field and Drogheda are the ones that come to mind. (Although i like Drogheda's section for atmosphere reasons, families would prefer a seated section with a better view)
    So because the view and facilities are not 100% you would be willing to miss out and watch them winning the league/or a chance of winning it on TV

Thats the type of LOI fans we need

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    365 Posts
    I totally Dundalk's away facilities are dreadful, however I really dont think we will be budgeting too much for Cork City fans, for the first league game I think less than 10 travelled, and for the final game a party bus came up, they were in the stand and seemed to be enjoying themselves, but it seemed to be an end of season trip as opposed to specifically wanting to travel to Oriel for a match.

In fact our away facilities are a disgrace, nothing less. Its quite disgusting that the club continously refuses to address this. A simple plan like erecting a roof and moving the area around more to the corner would improve things immediately.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    I totally Dundalk's away facilities are dreadful, however I really dont think we will be budgeting too much for Cork City fans, for the first league game I think less than 10 travelled, and for the final game a party bus came up, they were in the stand and seemed to be enjoying themselves, but it seemed to be an end of season trip as opposed to specifically wanting to travel to Oriel for a match.

In fact our away facilities are a disgrace, nothing less. Its quite disgusting that the club continously refuses to address this. A simple plan like erecting a roof and moving the area around more to the corner would improve things immediately.
    That party bus wont be coming again. We are sick of travelling a long distance to be treated like dirt. I think the 6 fans who made the journey at the start of the year is the typical crowd size to see in future. A roofed terrace behind the goal with a good toilet and we would bring more. In fairness 50-100 is the norm from us unless we were going for the league/on a bank holiday weekend/Last day of the season. We would have had more at the final game only for the facilities, we have been there before and many didnt want to go to Dundalk. Limerick would benefit from having a good away section from us, yee wouldnt benefit much from us but the Dublin clubs, Sligo,Derry would prob bring more if the facilities were better.
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    125 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    That party bus wont be coming again. We are sick of travelling a long distance to be treated like dirt. I think the 6 fans who made the journey at the start of the year is the typical crowd size to see in future. A roofed terrace behind the goal with a good toilet and we would bring more. In fairness 50-100 is the norm from us unless we were going for the league/on a bank holiday weekend/Last day of the season. We would have had more at the final game only for the facilities, we have been there before and many didnt want to go to Dundalk. Limerick would benefit from having a good away section from us, yee wouldnt benefit much from us but the Dublin clubs, Sligo,Derry would prob bring more if the facilities were better.

yawn. any upgrade of the away facilities in op is probably way down the list of priorities to accommodate 15-20 cork fans. it was only €10 in and an extra €5 for the stand.

there is also no correlation between world class away facilities and an increase in away attendances.

in an ideal world we'd offer the best out there but unfortunately its down to time and money and there isn't a lot of money out there
    Long Live King Kenny

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    9 Posts
    Facilities absolutely matter. i go to some away games and bring the family, but choose the which games based on facilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jinxy lilywhite View Post
    there is also no correlation between world class away facilities and an increase in away attendances.
    You are kidding right?

Fix it up, don't fix it up, that's up to your club. You're probably right that it's not a major priority for you, but it does impact the number of traveling fans, particularly over longer distances.

17. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by El-Pietro View Post
    Fix it up, don't fix it up, that's up to your club. You're probably right that it's not a major priority for you, but it does impact the number of traveling fans, particularly over longer distances.
    Does it really have an impact in the LOI? 500 Dundalk fans went to Bray for the last game of the season, it was cold and raining, and there is no shelter. If Bray had a cover, how many extra would have gone? Very few, I reckon.

I'm still in favour of improving toilet facilities and would like the away fans to be placed in an area of Oriel Park with a better view.

The only away ground I don't visit is Tallaght as the lack of policing and segregation is dangerous and I won't put my children is those situations.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    196 Posts
    I cant believe i've just read that !!!! :-O

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    Does it really have an impact in the LOI? 500 Dundalk fans went to Bray for the last game of the season, it was cold and raining, and there is no shelter. If Bray had a cover, how many extra would have gone? Very few, I reckon.

I'm still in favour of improving toilet facilities and would like the away fans to be placed in an area of Oriel Park with a better view.

The only away ground I don't visit is Tallaght as the lack of policing and segregation is dangerous and I won't put my children is those situations.
    It depends on the situation. 500 Dundalk fans traveled to Bray because you had just had your best season in years and wanted to see your team off. Plus the last game of the season will typically have a boost to traveling numbers as will the first.

If that game was a middle of season affair and you had little to play for then the traveling crowd would have been much smaller, and would have a lot more to do with the facilities. In a normal season I'd get to most away games, but I wouldn't bother with Bray, UCD or Dundalk (or Fahys Field or Drom). I've been to these stadia and I'm under no urge to go back unless the game is huge. UCD has more to do with the fact that they are UCD than their stadium which is of a reasonable standard in fairness.

I won't go back to Jackman Park, I'll make a decision on Markets Field when I've seen it in person. I wouldn't be in any rush to go to Finn Park again should they be promoted or we draw them in an early cup round, and I don't have an issue with traveling long distances, I'll happily go to the Brandywell.

Conversely, I love visting Longford and Athlone, no problem going to Drogheda (should we ever have a Friday game against them again!)

All I want is some cover, and maybe some hot food. Having a pub nearby is a plus. Other people will have their own limits, but they definitely exist.

I don't understand your issue with Tallaght, I've never experienced any policing or segregation issues there, I've probably been close to ten times at this point, maybe a little less.

21. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    25 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

Bray's away section is better than Dundalks. Cork City normally bring 50-100 on a normal away game and anything up too 1,000 for a big game. But you wont get more than 10 Cork City fans again anytime soon. Not a big issue but Pats, Bohs, Rovers, Drogs might have bigger crowds if facilities are better, Especially after several incidents this season.
    west cork commandos

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    any upgrade of the away facilities in op is probably way down the list of priorities to accommodate 15-20 cork fans.
    Does this mean other clubs fans don't matter? I know a lot of people who have been put off going to Dundalk in recent years for the away facilities alone.

Surely improving the match day experience for all fans, home and away, should be priority for Dundalk when looking to increase the budget and keep fans in the turnstiles at increased prices.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.