Page 185 of 406 FirstFirst ... 85135175183184185186187195235285 ... LastLast
Results 3,681 to 3,700 of 8116

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blueblood View Post
    But for how long tho, they'll have rugby matches on it also!
    It won't be all bad, you'll get your own thread on it to read the same comments over and over!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    I'm not sure if many on here watch the Irish League highlights on bbc1 on sat evenings, I record it, like seeing seeing the goals and players, anyway one thing I noticed today that seems to be common in some Irish League grounds is (wire) fencing.

Cliftonville have a brilliant away end stand, looks quite new too, seems perfect view, but it's ruined by shabby almost mesh wire, seems totally unwarranted. I can't think of a single LOI ground that has wire up anymore. Why is there a need for this?

I'd be interested to hear from any IL guys on here as to their thoughts on this.

Ps awful mistake by Cherrie for the Crusaders goal today, ended 1-0 too, he seemed to have started well too.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    218 Posts
    Although I haven't seen it I was told we have some sort of wire fencing up in the away section. It was up for the Pats game so maybe the Pats fans would be the ones to tell us what it's like. I know if there's fan encroachment onto the pitch the club can be fined. So I suppose it was put up for that reason.
    Last edited by Town Legend; 12/04/2015 at 11:19 AM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    It was a metal fence (painted green). Didn't bother me at all tbh as it wasn't very high so didn't block any of the action

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    37 Posts
    Brand new dressing room are as good as ready in Deacy Park. They're wired, tiled and plumbed. They're located under the newer of the two stands now known as The Comer Stand. Teams will emerge from a tunnel under the stand. There are currently offices and a hospitality room located under the stand. Michael D has his own parking space outside the door.

It's unclear what will happen to the current dressing rooms. That building is over 20 years old. Speculation that a bar will be opened but is unlikely. It's also unlikely to be an exhibition room to display the success of Galway United in the League of Ireland since 1977.

Next phase will start in May which will see both ends of the Comer Stand insulated with glass. No more cold breezes coming in from the Corrib, even on balmy summer evenings.
    Nobody knows us, we don't care

7. Thanks From:

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddyfield View Post
    Brand new dressing room are as good as ready in Deacy Park. They're wired, tiled and plumbed. They're located under the newer of the two stands now known as The Comer Stand. Teams will emerge from a tunnel under the stand. There are currently offices and a hospitality room located under the stand. Michael D has his own parking space outside the door.

It's unclear what will happen to the current dressing rooms. That building is over 20 years old. Speculation that a bar will be opened but is unlikely. It's also unlikely to be an exhibition room to display the success of Galway United in the League of Ireland since 1977.

Next phase will start in May which will see both ends of the Comer Stand insulated with glass. No more cold breezes coming in from the Corrib, even on balmy summer evenings.
    Best stadium in the league for me

9. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Sensible option for Galway FA is to demolish the old clubhouse and build a small simple stand at that end similar to that of Showgrounds.

Like outspoken, I believe it to be one of the nicer stadiums in the league, but I really dislike stadiums with open ends.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    199 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Paddyfield View Post
    I sat in the 'G' one night... Never again!!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Sensible option for Galway FA is to demolish the old clubhouse and build a small simple stand at that end similar to that of Showgrounds.

Like outspoken, I believe it to be one of the nicer stadiums in the league, but I really dislike stadiums with open ends.
    Yeah that's the only thing I don't like about terryland but with both stands roofed and relatively low the noise really stays inside the ground so the atmosphere isn't affected. A small stand behind the goals though would be epic

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Shels fans not keen on a Dalymount move: http://dublinpeople.ie/article.php?id=4813&l=100
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Just been confirmed the official opening date for the Markets Field will be June 5th vs Drogheda. An absolute disaster in my eyes and I wouldn't be surprised if the place is half empty. Missing the chance for the Cork match is a massive missed opportunity to build it up massively and pack the place out.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    Just been confirmed the official opening date for the Markets Field will be June 5th vs Drogheda. An absolute disaster in my eyes and I wouldn't be surprised if the place is half empty. Missing the chance for the Cork match is a massive missed opportunity to build it up massively and pack the place out.
    On the other hand...you could get lucky and the ground could be half full.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    [QUOTE=Mr A;1814904]Shels fans not keen on a Dalymount move: http://dublinpeople.ie/article.php?id=4813&l=100[/QUOTE
    Very short sighted from Shels.They will ground share wilth Bohs when Tolka is closed down on Fire and Health and Safety grounds.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jofspring View Post
    I dunno, better chance of a result against Drogs at least. You can imagine the deflation if a crowd turned up for the Cork game and a repeat of Turner's Cross happened.
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    On the other hand...you could get lucky and the ground could be half full.
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    I dunno, better chance of a result against Drogs at least. You can imagine the deflation if a crowd turned up for the Cork game and a repeat of Turner's Cross happened.
    I'd expect a decent enough crowd. I hope I'm wrong but at the moment we don't look like we would beat Drogheda. So we could be looking at an average at best crowd and a bad result where as a good crowd and a loss to one of the top teams might have been a bit easier to take. Hopefully I'm wrong, a big crowd comes and we trounce Drogheda but experience tells me we won't.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1 Post
    I had a think about this, if and when another stand is warranted, we could build at the carpark end. Float the stand over some car park spaces. Easy enough. What does the new shed in Cork hold? No reason we couldn't build that our better. Any Ideal what it cost?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    A kind of rule of thumb is €1mil per thousand seats. Id imagine that would include under stand offices and toilets etc. Something like behind the goal in Sligo with a roof could be doable and raised enough to keep some parking. I doubt it would be near €1mil for a similar type of stand of 1000.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    A kind of rule of thumb is €1mil per thousand seats.
    In Ireland you have to double that.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    875 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    In Ireland you have to double that.
    Is that what SDCC say when they collect the rent?

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Is that what SDCC say when they collect the rent?
    Dunno, the FAI pay our rent in between organising money-spinning friendlies.

24. Thanks From: