Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    Fair play.
    Fairplay my hole!
    Lets face it, they've just built it for the sake of building it.
    All it is, is a metal box over a bit of a mucky incline.
    With all the posts in it, it looks more like a climbing frame than a viewing area. Even cowsheds are more sophisticated than that structure.

Stuck in the dark ages!
    Have Boot Disk, will travel

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Peadar View Post
    Fairplay my hole!
    Lets face it, they've just built it for the sake of building it.
    Why would we build it for the sake of building it, that doesnt make sense. Its only temp until the planning permission comes through for the youth developement centre, most fans like to stand on that side and they were gettin soaked at pre-season and theres prob plenty more rain to come thats why it was put up.

All it is, is a metal box over a bit of a mucky incline.
    Doesnt a box have six sides? and since when have contrete steps been classed as a mucky incline?

With all the posts in it, it looks more like a climbing frame than a viewing area.
    Well we should have come to you first and you could of told us about this anti-gravity metal you seem to know about

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    You'd have been better served with something like Bray, if you were looking for a temporary solution.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Ny hoop - yes thats a new tv gantry

Peadar - that photo was taken 2 days ago, its an unfinished structure, but not far off complete, also there`s no need to be so flippant, its only the start of the early phase of the re-development of the ground.

Most other fans would find photos of things like this interesting.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Most fans want to see genuine progress in grounds, not cargo containers being dumped at pitch-side.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Its there to keep the rain off people if it rains, it will do that so mission accomplished, we dont care because its temp. Why spend extra money on something more pleasing to the eye when its gonna come down anyway. I thought all clubs where to be careful of their expenditure

Banned
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ny hoop - yes thats a new tv gantry

Peadar - that photo was taken 2 days ago, its an unfinished structure, but not far off complete, also there`s no need to be so flippant, its only the start of the early phase of the re-development of the ground.

Most other fans would find photos of things like this interesting.
    Looks good.

Obviously Peadar was never in bi****stown then or the old cross.

KOH

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NY Hoop View Post
    Obviously Peadar was never in bi****stown then or the old cross.

Jeez, you Shamrocks are obsessed with the past!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    Well we should have come to you first and you could of told us about this anti-gravity metal you seem to know about
    haha classic.

You'd have been better served with something like Bray, if you were looking for a temporary solution.
    So spend 500,000 on a temporary stand that will have to be ripped down in a few months?? Yes thats a great idea peader. I hope you dont have any input to how your club is being run.

Work could start on the €11million youth development centre as early as the summer depending on planning permission and grants both of which the club are confident of getting. Part of that development will be a roof over the terrace which will have a tv studio and gantry over it.
    Last edited by Louth4sam; 07/03/2007 at 3:56 PM. Reason: typo

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Most fans want to see genuine progress in grounds, not cargo containers being dumped at pitch-side.
    We don't all have a benevolent FA who'll develop a ground for their tenants Peader.

It wasn't that long since Cork came back in from Bishopstown to the MFA with their tail between their legs.

I think we all know infrastructure is generally poor but a lot of progress has been made recently.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by OneRedArmy View Post
    It wasn't that long since Cork came back in from Bishopstown to the MFA with their tail between their legs.
    The FAI got a decent facility in a prime location, in return for us going back to The Cross.

Your post suggests that you're completely ignorant to the fact that there's buckets of money being given by the FAI/Government to other clubs.

In my opinion, Oriel Park is a kip and they haven't enhanced it with that structure.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    The FAI got a decent facility in a prime location, in return for us going back to The Cross.

Your post suggests that you're completely ignorant to the fact that there's buckets of money being given by the FAI/Government to other clubs.

In my opinion, Oriel Park is a kip and they haven't enhanced it with that structure.
    There's "bucketloads" available on a matched spend basis, which means you've got to have it to get a grant for it!!

Bishopstown was FAR from a prime location back in the day, thats why you left it (20/20 hindsight and all that).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    i understand that it is a temporary structure to keep fans dry and all but in fairness most people on this site bemoan the lack of respect given to the league in general. we crave to even be recognised on a par with championship and lge 1 sides in england. a 3/4 hayshed as seen in the picture posted earlier is hardly the poster of the product we are trying to market here now is it?

granted it is temporary but for goodness sake lads it's like the old stands from the 70's and 80's. get a grip. we are trying to move away from this thrown together look of our grounds not glorify them.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Theres no promotion for the state of your stadium this year so we didnt bother!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    obviously you never heard of Cantilever Roofing then? only been in use worldwide for nearly 40 years now!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    644 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by galwayhoop View Post
    a 3/4 hayshed as seen in the picture posted earlier is hardly the poster of the product we are trying to market here now is it?

granted it is temporary but for goodness sake lads it's like the old stands from the 70's and 80's. get a grip. we are trying to move away from this thrown together look of our grounds not glorify them.
    The Product?? Good Grief

Now don't get me wrong lads I hate Dundalk as much as the next man but Jaysus some people on here will complain over anything

It's only temporary.

I'm sure Dundalk F.C have been looking to market their (ahem) "product" to the "people" of the town. Now given the choice of a (ahem) "product" where I can stand out in the pi$$ing rain and get soaked or stand out in the pi$$ing rain with a sheet of galvinised over my head to stop me getting soaked I know which I'd pick

In the short term it's obviously a good thing. Anyone who's complaining is just maybe being a teensy, weensy bit anal about it??

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    15 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lim till i die View Post
    I'm sure Dundalk F.C have been looking to market their (ahem) "product" to the "people" of the town. Now given the choice of a (ahem) "product" where I can stand out in the pi$$ing rain and get soaked or stand out in the pi$$ing rain with a sheet of galvinised over my head to stop me getting soaked I know which I'd pick

In the short term it's obviously a good thing. Anyone who's complaining is just maybe being a teensy, weensy bit anal about it??
    as i said i am aware that it is only temporary and obviously is better than standing in the soaking rain. but some earlier posters were reacting to the photo as if it was the new wheel.

it's a cráp shed. granted it will keep you dry but we should really be encouraging proper developments like corks new stand, athlones stadium/stand, the proposed new stand at terryland etc. and calling the old style excuses for stands what they are - outdated and redundant.

and yes the league is a product, whether you like it or not. it is a product which has to be marketed to the population. especially those who say they are football supporters but yet never go to their local clubs. the general impression of the eL, from those who dont go to games, is of poor standard football and worse facilities. the shed in oriel and others like it will not alter the latter opinion.

the bottom line is that the league needs to attract more supporters to games - this will boost revenue, improve structures and create a self sustaining professional set up throughout the country so we don't have to rely on the UK producing all of our footballers.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    204 Posts
    I felt sorry for the men working on our stadium....they have been busting their asses all week in the rain to try and have it finished! Cant wait to see it tomoro!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Thanks for the support, GalwayHoop. If the attitudes of the fans is any representation of their clubs then Dundalk definitely belong in the lower tier and Galway in the Premier Division.
    Without ambition, we'll never get anywhere!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    81 Posts
    Thanks for the support, GalwayHoop. If the attitudes of the fans is any representation of their clubs then Dundalk definitely belong in the lower tier and Galway in the Premier Division.
    Without ambition, we'll never get anywhere!
    Shels and dublin city both had ambition look where it got them. Its all about spending within your means. Peader a number of posters have explained that this is a temporary structure to keep our fans dry but you choose to ignore them. What would be the point in building a temporary good looking stand that would cost a lot of money if it had to be removed again in a few months??