Not so fast...

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    Don't get a job as a PR man... jeez

To be fair the club have put a bit of effort and money into the away section. The club doesn't own the land but have bought that stand. I would love the possibility of a 2nd one to the other side of the gantry but (without knowing the cost) I think it was expensive enough.
    When the new stadium construction starts there will be a second hand stand for sale. There is also a chance it's leased for €xx per season. If its owned it will be dismantled and sold. If its leased it will be available for others to lease or as a second hand purchase. Remember it's far better than than what some other clubs have.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamesie View Post
    There's no way we're giving the 1300 capacity Des Kelly to away teams again. We could fill the ground with home fans for every game this season, so we're only giving away fans the 450 because we have to.
    I understand what you are saying and agree but an extended mono would have a cover for home support while the DK is open. Give the home support some luxury.
    Do you or anyone else for that matter know what is the estimated number of home supporters who don't or can't get get tickets each week?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinkicker View Post
    When the new stadium construction starts there will be a second hand stand for sale. There is also a chance it's leased for €xx per season. If its owned it will be dismantled and sold. If its leased it will be available for others to lease or as a second hand purchase. Remember it's far better than than what some other clubs have.
    These aren't the only available options.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bohsmug View Post
    These aren't the only available options.
    Obviously you know something... Do tell

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    Not so fast...

Ireland to face Northern Ireland in inaugural UEFA Nations League = Headline !

Cant paste the image here but the recent Ireland v France Euro 2024 match programme had a great cover, Evan Ferguson full photo with IRELAND in the big letters.

I've still yet to meet anyone who says 'Are you going to the Republic of Ireland game etc'
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Stadium updates

I understand what you are saying and agree but an extended mono would have a cover for home support while the DK is open. Give the home support some luxury.
    Do you or anyone else for that matter know what is the estimated number of home supporters who don't or can't get get tickets each week?
    It would depend on the game. We could sell more season tickets for starters with the new ground. I'm sure the 8000 capacity would be tested for some games

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    It's not a certainty you would sell more in fact you might sell less. I remember back when tallaght was only 1 stand people bought season tickets to make sure to get in , whe the east stand was built we sold less because people realised they could get into every match.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    Ireland to face Northern Ireland in inaugural UEFA Nations League = Headline !
    Here's some more newspaper headlines for ya:

"World War 2 Bomber Found on Moon"

"Aliens Turned Our Son Into A Fish Finger"

"Woman Gives Birth To 8lb Duck"

"Penis-shaped iceberg given X-rated name after floating past town called Dildo"

Only one of the five headlines is correct - and it's not yours!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    You are like dog with a bone, plus you are still wrong.

Almost everyone I know referring to the team managed by Stephen Kenny refers to it as 'Ireland'.

Did you ever listen to the fans at the Aviva signing, they use one word 'Ireland :''
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    226 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    You are like dog with a bone, plus you are still wrong.
    You were the one who dug the bone up again after several days under the soil (#7620), I merely responded in (what I hoped was) a humourous fashion.

Anyhow you can say - or sing - what you like, but it is indisputable that the official name of the team is "Republic of Ireland", and it represents the FAI. While Belfast is the home of Irish football.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Lads, stop clogging up this Stadium Updates thread with this name issue.
    I don’t know who started this back and forth and I don’t really care, but if you want to continue, please just set up a separate thread.

13. Thanks From:

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    It's not a certainty you would sell more in fact you might sell less. I remember back when tallaght was only 1 stand people bought season tickets to make sure to get in , whe the east stand was built we sold less because people realised they could get into every match.
    That’s a good point, and probably will hold true for season tickets, but we’d still sell a lot of memberships, which differ as we hold ownership of the club and voting rights on decisions taken. Hopefully the fact of being a part owner of your club appeals and we can extend it from our current 2500 or thereabouts.
    Our season tickets are only around 900 I think.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    5 Posts

Stadium updates

We've left those days behind. The reality is people know if they don't have a season ticket, they won't be going to any of the big games...and that will apply to the 8000 capacity too, without a doubt. Fan habits have changed too with the 4 games a year fan a dying breed . We've turned a corner which I never thought could happen where their LOI team has become a much bigger part of fans lives.

16. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    That's true in terms of it being part of people's lives in a more central way. Maybe only temporary bit I think there is a bit of pride about loi fans these days and more interest in general. It helps that players like bazunu and fergusson are still seen as part of the loi community. There is a huge young element of support now where it used to be just oul lads like myself

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EalingGreen View Post
    You were the one who dug the bone up again after several days under the soil (#7620), I merely responded in (what I hoped was) a humourous fashion.

Anyhow you can say - or sing - what you like, but it is indisputable that the official name of the team is "Republic of Ireland", and it represents the FAI. While Belfast is the home of Irish football.
    Bye now.............................

As for Belfast, JC get a grip son.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    That's true in terms of it being part of people's lives in a more central way. Maybe only temporary bit I think there is a bit of pride about loi fans these days and more interest in general. It helps that players like bazunu and fergusson are still seen as part of the loi community. There is a huge young element of support now where it used to be just oul lads like myself
    So True walking out of Tallaght last night and saying to my pals all fifties aul lads like myself ahead of as were a couple of thousand people streaming alongside the Maldron and across the lights and 75% of the people were under 30. We all agreed the good old days me ****** these are the good aul days. The last season of our 4 in a row our biggest home league crowd was less than 3 k. I was looking at a 2011 league game against us in Dalymount on You tube just now and the Jodi was half M/T from the half way line towards the shopping centre and i was buying tickets in that part of the ground up to a few years ago. No way can you do that now.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    https://www.the42.ie/fitzgerald-stad...27838-Nov2022/

To be honest, Im shocked by this.

Edit: this is from a few months ago. Huge amount of money really though.
    Last edited by Kiki Balboa; 07/05/2023 at 8:31 PM.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    https://youtu.be/CesXXFyDHSA
    Found this today on YouTube.
    Just catching up on this video. Some of our stadia don’t actually look too bad here. I suppose it helps when they’re drenched in sunshine.
    Interestingly the commentator really liked the random colourful blocks of seating in Tallaght, which we’ve moaned about here for years. If nothing else it’s certainly unique, and probably an interesting quirk to outsiders.
    I’m sure I’ve also said this here before but if Shels could just put a new coat of paint on the roofs either side of the pitch it would do wonders for the ground. The faded rusty colour really looks dreadful. Although maybe that ramshackle look is part of a ploy to appeal for more funding…

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiki Balboa View Post
    https://www.the42.ie/fitzgerald-stad...27838-Nov2022/

To be honest, Im shocked by this.

Edit: this is from a few months ago. Huge amount of money really though.
    NB : A "multi-event" venue, not a multi-sport one. It's in the GAA's blood to try to undermine other major or 'saxon' sports whenever they can (even if there would be little or no need for other sports to use that particular stadium). There is an ingrained insecurity within the GAA, in contrast with any other sport that would welcome other uses of their facilities. They row in on international football or rugby tournaments because the politics is such that they can't really refuse and they also benefit massively themselves out of those events too. But the Liam Millar saga wasn't that long ago, and clubs at a local level are still being fined for letting other codes use their facilities.