Results 7,401 to 7,420 of 8101

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Glen Of Aherlow View Post
    Looks good , i understand going for the size they did with the ground to be redeveloped , but pity they could'nt have gone for maybe 800 capacity. Be good to see three sides of the stadium in use .

I wonder could Pats do something like that at the Shed End ? Would there be enough room ?
    There would certainly be room, that one is only at the front of the Connaught terrace

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    Yeah, if only the LFA had a ground to give us eh?
    How many clubs are renting from local FAs?

It works for Cork City & Galway United, surprised it isn't suggested more often.
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    How many clubs are renting from local FAs?

It works for Cork City & Galway United, surprised it isn't suggested more often.
    Think Drogheda Utd do same thing. Could be wrong though?
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    The FAI own Drogs ground. There is a clause in the deeds / arrangement that any sale must ensure a new ground is built elsewhere, which is what funded their mid / late 00's period on. 3 local Biz men tried to do a deal where the ground was sold, new ground built, the only winner was the team on the pitch.

At least they got their only senior trophies out of it, Cup win and League winners, decent team to be fair.

I`m very impressed with Bohs on these upgrades, 10/10 for this.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

5. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    The FAI own Drogs ground. There is a clause in the deeds / arrangement that any sale must ensure a new ground is built elsewhere, which is what funded their mid / late 00's period on. 3 local Biz men tried to do a deal where the ground was sold, new ground built, the only winner was the team on the pitch.

At least they got their only senior trophies out of it, Cup win and League winners, decent team to be fair.

I`m very impressed with Bohs on these upgrades, 10/10 for this.
    I felt Bohs hit their limit in old Dalymount. They'd be a 4th, 5th team. Now with 4,500 I think we can make the next step. Not saying we will this year but it's possible.

We need a new stadium and the redevelopment can't come soon enough but if they manged to stick a roof over the shed, a 4.5k fully covered 3 sided (well 2.5 sided) stadium wouldn't be the worst to wait in until the JCBs are ready to come in.

In new Dalymount we'll be competing for the league hopefully.

7. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    I felt Bohs hit their limit in old Dalymount. They'd be a 4th, 5th team. Now with 4,500 I think we can make the next step. Not saying we will this year but it's possible.

We need a new stadium and the redevelopment can't come soon enough but if they manged to stick a roof over the shed, a 4.5k fully covered 3 sided (well 2.5 sided) stadium wouldn't be the worst to wait in until the JCBs are ready to come in.

In new Dalymount we'll be competing for the league hopefully.
    Would it not be sensible for Bohs to keep their main stand and build two new ones?
    What's with the need to nock it all down? Even if that old terrace is always be defunct, atleast it'd be a unique feature of the stadium
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    That’s the preferred option, and indeed was voted on and approved and agreed with the council, but they changed the plan for about the fifth time.
    Tbh the toilet facilities etc in the existing stand are beyond bad and inadequate though so really a new build, with all the ancillary features of a modern stadium, plus actually having fit for purpose dressing rooms and office space/ media centre etc., is preferable. Just wish they’d settle on a plan and build the fuc@&r

10. Thanks From:

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    36 Posts
    Yeah tbh I've lost track of what the latest Dalymount proposal is but unfortunately the Jodi is no longer state of the art and if we're redeveloping the rest of the ground I hope the Jodi gets a facelift too. There's poles obscuring the view, the seats are tiny, there's about 1/3 the amount of toilets there should be, the toilets are a disaster in some cases and not up to the standard you'd want, the offices are tiny. It's not the worst, it's probably one of the best main stands in the league and it's done us well for so long. There's not a ton wrong with it but as I said it's no longer state of the art.

12. Thanks From:

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dermobohs View Post
    That’s the preferred option, and indeed was voted on and approved and agreed with the council, but they changed the plan for about the fifth time.
    Tbh the toilet facilities etc in the existing stand are beyond bad and inadequate though so really a new build, with all the ancillary features of a modern stadium, plus actually having fit for purpose dressing rooms and office space/ media centre etc., is preferable. Just wish they’d settle on a plan and build the fuc@&r
    Isn't the Jodi about 20yrs old by now ?

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    Isn't the Jodi about 20yrs old by now ?
    1999 according to wiki

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    271 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    Yeah tbh I've lost track of what the latest Dalymount proposal is but unfortunately the Jodi is no longer state of the art and if we're redeveloping the rest of the ground I hope the Jodi gets a facelift too. There's poles obscuring the view, the seats are tiny, there's about 1/3 the amount of toilets there should be, the toilets are a disaster in some cases and not up to the standard you'd want, the offices are tiny. It's not the worst, it's probably one of the best main stands in the league and it's done us well for so long. There's not a ton wrong with it but as I said it's no longer state of the art.
    Was the Jodi a refit of the previous stand or was it built from scratch ? Some parts look older than the 90’s.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Built atop the old wooden stand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    I love Dalymount. It's the reason I've been a Bohs 'fan' and have kept in the loop with the club since a schoolboy, which has grown more in the last decade.
    Dalymount (even with the 'new' Jodi) still has the vibe of a ground throw-back to the old days of British style grounds, and as much as I love it, it's not fit for purpose. But the new Dalymount - it goes without saying - must be fit for purpose.

Understanding the Council's needs for community use as well, appreciating the difficulty in inter-agency collaboration at times too, I would have liked to see St Peter's school being integrated into the complex for their benefit and that of Bohs.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    31 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom View Post
    I love Dalymount. It's the reason I've been a Bohs 'fan' and have kept in the loop with the club since a schoolboy, which has grown more in the last decade.
    Dalymount (even with the 'new' Jodi) still has the vibe of a ground throw-back to the old days of British style grounds, and as much as I love it, it's not fit for purpose. But the new Dalymount - it goes without saying - must be fit for purpose.

Understanding the Council's needs for community use as well, appreciating the difficulty in inter-agency collaboration at times too, I would have liked to see St Peter's school being integrated into the complex for their benefit and that of Bohs.
    Just saw a picture of the new Bohs temp away stand and I have to say it may be small but its impressive. Other clubs should look at this to increase attendances.

International Prospect NeverFeltBetter's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    583 Posts
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023...idental-force/

Was there a suggestion the damage to the stand was malicious in nature?
    Author of Never Felt Better (History, Film Reviews).

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    409 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2023...idental-force/

Was there a suggestion the damage to the stand was malicious in nature?
    That seems a bizarre conclusion for the FAI to draw.

A stand is supposed to hold people and will have a safe limit for how many people it should contain. If the stand buckles in operation whilst containing the correct number of people, then surely that is evidence of a fundamental structural issue with it ? Unless the people were all morbidly obses sufficiently to render the safe capacity of the stand redundant.

This is essentially the FAI shruggling its shoulders and saying 'no-one to blame, nothing to see here'

International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    537 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EatYerGreens View Post
    That seems a bizarre conclusion for the FAI to draw.

A stand is supposed to hold people and will have a safe limit for how many people it should contain. If the stand buckles in operation whilst containing the correct number of people, then surely that is evidence of a fundamental structural issue with it ? Unless the people were all morbidly obses sufficiently to render the safe capacity of the stand redundant.

This is essentially the FAI shruggling its shoulders and saying 'no-one to blame, nothing to see here'
    Bit like what is UEFA is doing at present in shrugging off the findings of the champions league final of last season from the delayed KO with the crowd problems with the Parc De Prince with unsafe access issues
    Gary Cronin is he the right man to manage Longford Town?

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    819 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Bit like what is UEFA is doing at present in shrugging off the findings of the champions league final of last season from the delayed KO with the crowd problems with the Parc De Prince with unsafe access issues
    Stade De France

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    32 Posts
    One thing the new small stand does in Dalymount is give an indication of how the stadium can be developed in its current state. The Connaught side is massive. Can fit a couple of thousand over there and still have space for development of community facilities. Fitting something into the bit of land owned at the shopping centre end would be a challenge, although maybe not completely impossible. Especially if a bit of land was "borrowed" from the des kelly end. Could look lopsided though.

If offices and dressing rooms were taken out of the Jodi it would relieve some of the pressure on it, along with the Jackie Jameson bar. Until the thing is built it's hard to know what the redevelopment will be. The plans have changed a number of times.

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    205 Posts
    Sean O'Keeffe has told Kerry's Eye that there is still some development to be completed on the terraces, and when that is finished, the final Mounthawk capacity for the season will be 1,600 - that would certainly suffice for league games, particularly once the initial hype dies down, and in the event of a cup tie against a Premier club, then temporary seating could always be installed.