Page 315 of 402 FirstFirst ... 215265305313314315316317325365 ... LastLast
Results 6,281 to 6,300 of 8039

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    622 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    The FAI didn't own the land Eircom Park was to be on, had an option. It is where City West Hotel is. The IRFU owned land at Newlands Cross, but at the time they were fully behind the Bertie Bowl. Sold it over a year ago for 25million profit.

Good article here on the saga https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2020...e-bertie-bowl/

The contract for the consultant, where the bigger the cost the more she got paid, had a big negative influence on public opinion towards the project. Also awarding the contract to run the swimming pool to a shelf company didn't help either.

Bertie current proposal for 25,000 capacity stadium for Dublin has some merit, could be handy for League of Ireland teams in Europe etc.
    Thanks for that. I'll have a look at the link. Come to think of it, I don't recall at any point discussions about the consultant (probably not the interesting debate for a 16 yr old), but do recall objections raised in the media about floodlights and Baldonnel Aerodrome. That's the main think I recall.

Bertie Ahern deserves absolutely **** all say in what politicians of this day should be doing. He's playing the GAA card with his call for a 25k "national" stadium. Interesting that he didn't rmake that call publically before the GAA shelved the plans for their own 25k in the Spawell.

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple stu View Post
    You'd need a pretty big "etc" to justify that stadium. Probably Legia, Juve and Spurs are the only two games in the past decade that could have been moved to a 25k ground - and even then there's a strong argument to keep games in Tallaght/Oriel where possible for home advantage.
    I agree with this now, probably wouldn't have done so 5 years ago. When Tallaght is done (2022 probably), it's a 10k all-seater stadium, on the main artery out of Dublin with access via efficient public transport to the main country station hubs.
    When Dalymount is done (likely 2024 at this stage), it's a 6k all-seater stadium on the north artery out of Dublin with access via efficient public transport to the main country station hubs. Those two alone will be sufficient for Rovers, Bohs, Dundalk, Drogheda, Pats.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder88 View Post
    FAI Cup finals and pre-season friendlies v example Chelsea last summer. Dublin gaa footballers league games. Other inter-county gaa, plus athletics.
    You can't play Inter-county GAA. and have official standard athletics in the same stadium pitch size doesn't allow it.
    The FAI cup final deserves to be in the national football stadium. It is a highlight of the domestic game. Bottom-tier Lansdowne, full, with both ends assigned to the finalists is the right thing to do. The interest is there.
    Here they come! It’s the charge of the “Thanks” Brigade!

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    72 Posts
    Tallaght Stadium 4th stand and West Stand redevelopment passed by SDCC.

https://twitter.com/theechoonline/st...755375104?s=21

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by WeAreRovers View Post
    Tallaght Stadium 4th stand and West Stand redevelopment passed by SDCC.

https://twitter.com/theechoonline/st...755375104?s=21
    It will be some facility when the renovations are finished. The SDCC deserves credit for their foresight, the Dublin City council are dragging their heels on Dalymount and shot us down for our proposals.

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    In an interview with Peak6 main guy and DFC chairman last week, one of the local papers, they said they had drawn up plans to improve Oriel Park, then it got put on hold due to C-19. Interesting that they have at last said they want to go ahead with this.

I`ll believe it when I see a JCB/ heavy machinery etc on site though.

** And another update in one of this weeks local papers, P6 now talking about a new stand and raising capacity to 8k.

(note to self to check if this is actually 09/06 or 01/04)
    Last edited by oriel; 09/06/2020 at 11:14 AM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    In an interview with Peak6 main guy and DFC chairman last week, one of the local papers, they said they had drawn up plans to improve Oriel Park, then it got put on hold due to C-19. Interesting that they have at last said they want to go ahead with this.

I`ll believe it when I see a JCB/ heavy machinery etc on site though.

** And another update in one of this weeks local papers, P6 now talking about a new stand and raising capacity to 8k.

(note to self to check if this is actually 09/06 or 01/04)
    Nice one. Which end or side would the new stand be on?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Nice one. Which end or side would the new stand be on?
    Haven't seen the paper yet Buller, only reading updates from the author on twitter @jamesdundalk he mentions 'standS' and also p6 looking to extend to 8k.

As ever though, actions > words.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Harps looking to upgrade Finn Park to enable a return to football at the venue. We recognize that whenever football returns to grounds, we need upgrades to play at Finn Park.

https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-h...-football-home
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    57 Posts
    Has there been any news regarding the new stadium recently?

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,522 Posts
    Work continues with the department AFAIK, we were sent forward to the Strategic Review section of department of Sport with the 'successful' projects following the funding announcement earlier this year when we kicked up a fuss about being excluded and pointed out it was spread that we had not provided an economic assessment when we absolutely 100% had done so. So we're in the system somewhere and will do all we can to progress it.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    Work continues with the department AFAIK, we were sent forward to the Strategic Review section of department of Sport with the 'successful' projects following the funding announcement earlier this year when we kicked up a fuss about being excluded and pointed out it was spread that we had not provided an economic assessment when we absolutely 100% had done so. So we're in the system somewhere and will do all we can to progress it.
    So your idea is on file, in a filing cabinet?

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    Is that a play on the Donegal Catch ad?

Dont answer just had a look at the ad lol.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 22/06/2020 at 1:06 AM.

15. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    Still no confirmed updates since the DFC chairman based in US said he would look at building 'stands', and to increase Oriel Park up to 8k, direct quotes given to one of the local papers 3 weeks ago. In a follow up he said C-19 put paid to getting work done, plans are in place and steering committee also set up, so we'll see. For me, I'll need to see a big yellow JCB up there first, action > words etc.

Anyway the 0.75m now spent on the YDC, now re-named Oriel Training Centre is looking well worth the investment, recent photo shoots of charity cheque presentations and a new signing were all shot on the new balcony stage, looks like they have built a veranda to the side entrance, looks well from the few photos I saw, and I think they will publish more later this season with a full PR of the place, would be good to see.

As would a JCB in other parts!

International Prospect Ezeikial's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    663 Posts
    Anyway the 0.75m now spent on the YDC, now re-named Oriel Training Centre

18. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Still no confirmed updates since the DFC chairman based in US said he would look at building 'stands', and to increase Oriel Park up to 8k, direct quotes given to one of the local papers 3 weeks ago. In a follow up he said C-19 put paid to getting work done, plans are in place and steering committee also set up, so we'll see. For me, I'll need to see a big yellow JCB up there first, action > words etc.

Anyway the 0.75m now spent on the YDC, now re-named Oriel Training Centre is looking well worth the investment, recent photo shoots of charity cheque presentations and a new signing were all shot on the new balcony stage, looks like they have built a veranda to the side entrance, looks well from the few photos I saw, and I think they will publish more later this season with a full PR of the place, would be good to see.

As would a JCB in other parts!
    I thought Bill was living across the road from Oriel these days.

Where did the 750k figure on the YDC come from, quoted twice on this forum today? It's gone from 300k originally to 500k to now 750k!

That veranda was always there btw. Gerry Matthews put it there.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lilywhites View Post

Where did the 750k figure on the YDC come from, quoted twice on this forum today? It's gone from 300k originally to 500k to now 750k!

Ah Gerry, the man who saved and then nearly destroyed the club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts

Its def up there close to 750, 300 was never a figure, 500 was, then other items added. Veranda looks to have been added to then.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Ah Gerry, the man who saved and then nearly destroyed the club.
    Well considering the Fastfix lads didn't put a single penny into facilities at Oriel, it's actually welcome PEAK6 have done something, even if it is in Gerry Matthews' building and for players only. Hopefully supporters' facilities are actually on their agenda and not just talk about it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Its def up there close to 750, 300 was never a figure, 500 was, then other items added. Veranda looks to have been added to then.
    It was originally announced as a 300k upgrade, according to the below article. Then it jumped to 500k, now 750k has come out of somewhere (probably to make the losses recorded last year look better?)

https://www.pressreader.com/ireland/...82218011928650

I think the veranda maybe looks different as it used to say Reilly's on it (covered by Dundalk FC now).

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    Well considering the Fastfix lads didn't put a single penny into facilities at Oriel, it's actually welcome PEAK6 have done something, even if it is in Gerry Matthews' building and for players only. Hopefully supporters' facilities are actually on their agenda and not just talk about it.
    Wrong Dundalk own the building, Gerry does not own it.

The fastfix lads stepped in to save the club because of Gerry and left the club in the best state its ever been, bank wise and on the field.

Peak 6 have stated from day 1, improvements on ground will be done after success on the field, facilities for the team etc. They have provided the first 2 and have now confirmed they have some plans done for Oriel which were put on hold during Covid.

Gerry's building Hahaha

Does the person who built my house own it since they had it first?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    69 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Wrong Dundalk own the building, Gerry does not own it.

The fastfix lads stepped in to save the club because of Gerry and left the club in the best state its ever been, bank wise and on the field.

Peak 6 have stated from day 1, improvements on ground will be done after success on the field, facilities for the team etc. They have provided the first 2 and have now confirmed they have some plans done for Oriel which were put on hold during Covid.

Gerry's building Hahaha

Does the person who built my house own it since they had it first?
    You know what I meant but if you want to be technical about it, Dundalk own nothing, we rent Oriel. The Casey Family own it.

"Put on hold during Covid" or not happening because of Covid is a ready made, easy excuse with a lot of things. Lets see what happens.