Page 311 of 314 FirstFirst ... 211261301309310311312313 ... LastLast
Results 6,201 to 6,220 of 6264

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

  1. #6201
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Which plans were disappointing?
    https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-h...te-august-2019


    i never thought we’d see phase 2.

    I also for what it was worth thought it was a woeful idea to tie funding for the training facility to the stadium
    Last edited by SeanDMRooney; 10/01/2020 at 8:00 PM.

  2. #6202
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,905
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,397
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,154
    Thanked in
    1,834 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDMRooney View Post
    https://www.finnharps.ie/post/finn-h...te-august-2019


    i never thought we’d see phase 2.

    I also for what it was worth thought it was a woeful idea to tie funding for the training facility to the stadium
    Far as I know, the training facility is being done in conjunction with Donegal County council.

    The Athlone type job is only phase one. We're going to end up with two main stands and two terraced ends.

  3. #6203
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Far as I know, the training facility is being done in conjunction with Donegal County council.

    The Athlone type job is only phase one. We're going to end up with two main stands and two terraced ends.
    im sure that’s the plan and I’ll believe we’ll see phase two when phase two starts in the Brandywell

  4. #6204
    Seasoned Pro Nesta99's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2007
    Posts
    3,854
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    919
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    752
    Thanked in
    502 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Far as I know, the training facility is being done in conjunction with Donegal County council.

    The Athlone type job is only phase one. We're going to end up with two main stands and two terraced ends.
    On current timescale of delivery phase 4 should be complete in 43 years of there about!

    Nigel i admire your unwavering belief but how often do club managed projects move beyond Phase 1!? Certainly 2 struggled to even gate phase 1 complete.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 10/01/2020 at 8:10 PM.

  5. #6205
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    On current timescale of delivery phase 4 should be complete in 43 years of there about!

    Nigel i admire your unwavering belief but how often do club managed projects move beyond Phase 1!?
    The whole League of Ireland is still in Phase One.

  6. Thanks From:


  7. #6206
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,905
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,397
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    3,154
    Thanked in
    1,834 Posts
    I'm definitely in the 'believe it when I see it' camp too, but considering most of the terracing is expected to be part of phase one, I don't believe we'll end up with just one stand and a barren ground otherwise like Lissywollen.

  8. #6207
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    I'm definitely in the 'believe it when I see it' camp too, but considering most of the terracing is expected to be part of phase one, I don't believe we'll end up with just one stand and a barren ground otherwise like Lissywollen.
    I think I have certainly given up on the idea we will ever see anything. I don’t know whose fault all this is but even with all the barriers to projects in Ireland this has been just beyond justifying. As well as the fact nobody has ever been candid about the reasons for starting, stopping etc. At some point this is the fault of the board because while there is always a convenient excuse the economic crisis, the FAI things are being built and for some reason the club cannot get this done

  9. #6208
    First Team dong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,689
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    218
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    262
    Thanked in
    156 Posts
    Is the redevelopment of Dalymount still going ahead?

  10. #6209
    Reserves A N Mouse's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    718
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    60
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    124
    Thanked in
    82 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDMRooney View Post
    im sure thatís the plan and Iíll believe weíll see phase two when phase two starts in the Brandywell
    You're optimistic! Brandywell phase two should have been anounced back in 2017.

    Its in appendix 1 of new deal, so expect movement soon. Even if money not announced for a while.

  11. #6210
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by A N Mouse View Post
    You're optimistic! Brandywell phase two should have been anounced back in 2017.

    Its in appendix 1 of new deal, so expect movement soon. Even if money not announced for a while.
    is the brandywell a regional/sub regional stadium for the purposes of the deal?

  12. #6211
    First Team Mr_Parker's Avatar
    Joined
    May 2005
    Location
    At the home of Irish Football
    Posts
    1,064
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    49
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    130
    Thanked in
    87 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDMRooney View Post
    is the brandywell a regional/sub regional stadium for the purposes of the deal?
    Deal? It is a sham deal cooked up by the DUP and Sinn Fein.

  13. #6212
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    290
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    13.7 millon euro allocated to cash rich GAA for single use stadiums in Waterford Navan and some other kip.Nothing for Dalymount .

  14. #6213
    Youth Team Joe Strummer's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2002
    Posts
    119
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    37
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    10
    Thanked in
    7 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    13.7 millon euro allocated to cash rich GAA for single use stadiums in Waterford Navan and some other kip.Nothing for Dalymount .
    Thats the fault of the FAI.

  15. Thanks From:


  16. #6214
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    290
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    Also an extra 10 million for Connacht rugby.
    No real need for the FAI to have any involvement.
    Municipal stadium owned by the local authority.

  17. #6215
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,712
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    27
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    290
    Thanked in
    178 Posts
    My mistake, an extra 10 million for Connacht rugby, bringing the total to 20 million.Probably about 50 k per registered adult player in the province.

  18. #6216
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    My mistake, an extra 10 million for Connacht rugby, bringing the total to 20 million.Probably about 50 k per registered adult player in the province.
    It is my understanding that Dalymount is being dealt with under stream one of the LSSIF the outcome of which hadn't been announced yet

  19. #6217
    Reserves redarmyfaction's Avatar
    Joined
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Sligo.
    Posts
    613
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    5
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    118
    Thanked in
    77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    http://www.donegalsporthub.com/finn-...-funding-list/

    Finn Harps left in limbo once again..

    This news has left me gutted.
    Extremely disappointing for all at Harps, biggest kick in the teeth is that I read today something like, that Connacht Rugby have had their stadium allocation increased to 20m from 10m courtesy of An Teesh.

  20. Thanks From:


  21. #6218
    International Prospect Martinho II's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Killashee Longford
    Posts
    8,182
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    4,215
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    547
    Thanked in
    461 Posts
    Seen something in one of papers today that there is another tranche of funding to be announced on Monday Harps could feature in this?
    Daire Doyles red and black army

  22. #6219
    Apprentice SeanDMRooney's Avatar
    Joined
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Dublin in exile
    Posts
    95
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    18
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinho II View Post
    Seen something in one of papers today that there is another tranche of funding to be announced on Monday Harps could feature in this?
    It's for projects that are further behind in the development process based on what I read so that would definitely make sense for Harps and Bohs

  23. Thanks From:


  24. #6220
    Reserves
    Joined
    Oct 2015
    Posts
    287
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    0
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    33
    Thanked in
    17 Posts
    The thing that makes me so made angry about the FAI is there 3rd rate performance when compared to the GAA and IRFU when it comes to accessing governement funding. Most popular sport on the at this point only habitable planet in the universe, most registered players of any sport in the country and we had to have humpty dumpty, dumbo and Laurel and Hardy in charge.

Similar Threads

  1. Tallaght Stadium or Aviva Stadium for Shamrock RVS??
    By cob655 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 1:47 PM
  2. Comparison of Irish clubs in Europe versus Scottish clubs in Europe
    By Dodge in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 9:18 AM
  3. Stadium updates (all clubs)
    By BohsFans in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07/06/2010, 10:07 AM
  4. EL Clubs ranked in Top 100 clubs for this Month
    By steno in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/09/2006, 10:02 PM
  5. GAA clubs threaten judicial review on Tallaght stadium
    By paudie in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05/04/2006, 4:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •