Page 299 of 299 FirstFirst ... 199249289297298299
Results 5,961 to 5,972 of 5972

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

  1. #5961
    Seasoned Pro marinobohs's Avatar
    Joined
    Mar 2009
    Location
    in the bar celebratingl
    Posts
    2,805
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    322
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    539
    Thanked in
    342 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NeverFeltBetter View Post
    It is possible those in charge of the Markets Field have realised not having a primary tenant would not be good for the accounts.
    This. No way Limerick could afford figures bandied around previously (nor would they want to). Presumably got a better deal as otherwise MF would not have a primary tenant.

  2. #5962
    First Team dong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    217
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    255
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by passinginterest View Post
    http://www.the42.ie/fai-dalymount-pa...81452-Oct2018/

    In the ‘stadium plan doomed to failure’ bingo, we’ve got;
    Computer generated mock up
    No start date
    Video simulation thing
    Bohs
    Shels
    Dalymount
    Tolka

    Someone must be shouting bingo.

    In all seriousness it looks great. Would be great to see it happen within a year or two.

    Let’s see when ‘phase one’ is announced...
    Not sure if this has been answered so apologies if so but is the Jodi stand to be demolished under this propsal?

  3. #5963
    First Team Buller's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    South Cider
    Posts
    1,114
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    44
    Thanked in
    27 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dong View Post
    Not sure if this has been answered so apologies if so but is the Jodi stand to be demolished under this propsal?
    Yes, unfortunately. One of the best stands in the league. I know its out of Bohs control now, but it would have been great just to build a second Jodi stand on the far side opposite. But the DCC obviously want to make a return on this and use space (the unused terrace) for the shopping center/new library/creche. I think thats why they want to rotate the pitch and demolish a perfectly good stand?

    Also, the gradient incline of the new stadium stands looks very shallow (like the Aviva North stand). The current Jodi stand has a much better viewing angle. (I'm being a bit pedantic now)
    Would be great if they could keep the old Dalymount floodlights, or at least something from the old venue. Its historic and would be a shame if everything was lost.
    Last edited by Buller; 08/03/2019 at 10:30 AM.

  4. #5964
    First Team
    Joined
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    1,360
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    21
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    245
    Thanked in
    143 Posts
    Agree with Buller on the above.Would be great to keep the Jodi, best location by a mile to watch a match

  5. #5965
    First Team dong's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    1,638
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    217
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    255
    Thanked in
    149 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dalymountrower View Post
    Agree with Buller on the above.Would be great to keep the Jodi, best location by a mile to watch a match
    That is a pity alright.

  6. #5966
    First Team
    Joined
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Dublin
    Posts
    2,341
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    62
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    264
    Thanked in
    191 Posts
    Councilors put out the timetable last week
    Project completed in October 2023 subject to funds being in place.
    that is almost 5 years away.
    Its ridiculous

  7. #5967
    Capped Player nigel-harps1954's Avatar
    Joined
    Feb 2009
    Location
    On a dodgy bus
    Posts
    10,513
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    3,264
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    2,948
    Thanked in
    1,741 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sbgawa View Post
    Councilors put out the timetable last week
    Project completed in October 2023 subject to funds being in place.
    that is almost 5 years away.
    Its ridiculous
    Only five years to build a stadium?

    Does anyone have a number for them?

  8. Thanks From:


  9. #5968
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    690
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    257
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    180
    Thanked in
    117 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    Only five years to build a stadium?

    Does anyone have a number for them?
    As an aside, Harps really are in desperate need of getting out of Finn Park.

    I go there a few times a season, but it really hit me tonight just how awful a venue it is.

  10. #5969
    Youth Team
    Joined
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    115
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    73
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    28
    Thanked in
    23 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Buller View Post
    Yes, unfortunately. One of the best stands in the league. I know its out of Bohs control now, but it would have been great just to build a second Jodi stand on the far side opposite. But the DCC obviously want to make a return on this and use space (the unused terrace) for the shopping center/new library/creche. I think thats why they want to rotate the pitch and demolish a perfectly good stand?

    Also, the gradient incline of the new stadium stands looks very shallow (like the Aviva North stand). The current Jodi stand has a much better viewing angle. (I'm being a bit pedantic now)
    Would be great if they could keep the old Dalymount floodlights, or at least something from the old venue. Its historic and would be a shame if everything was lost.
    When the Jodi was built in 1999 it was the best stand in the league but sadly it's been outgrown. There hasn't been a lick of paint since. There is a great view, I agree but under the stand is cramped, there isn't a third enough toilet facilities, there's poles blocking the view etc.

    I agree that in an ideal world I'd love the Jodi just to get a lick of paint and a few more toilets (Even if it's down in block A) etc. Then raise the Des Kelly so it's pitch level and run the roof to cover the whole stand. Then redevelop the far end so that it keeps its current shape but there'd be a roof and modern turnstiles etc. while we maintain the carpark.

    It's just too small. 2750 home fans isn't enough. We need twice that really. If we could get Connaught Street up and running for a few hundred fans we could put the away fans there and use the shed for ourselves. But we're stuck between a rock and a hard palce with the development coming around the corner. In the last 6 months it has gone from one more year in Dalyer and two in Tolka to two more years in Dalyer and three in Tolka. I wait with bated breath tbh

  11. #5970
    Reserves CorribsideSteve's Avatar
    Joined
    Jul 2017
    Posts
    292
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    64
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    23
    Thanked in
    18 Posts
    Surely 2023 is a typo, and the stadium won't, in fact, be built til 3202.

  12. #5971
    Reserves joey B's Avatar
    Joined
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Donegal
    Posts
    776
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    28
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    89
    Thanked in
    55 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by CorribsideSteve View Post
    Surely 2023 is a typo, and the stadium won't, in fact, be built til 3202.
    That's the New Finn Park/Donegal stadium!

  13. Thanks From:


  14. #5972
    Reserves
    Joined
    Feb 2016
    Posts
    711
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    1
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    94
    Thanked in
    75 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by David BOHie View Post
    When the Jodi was built in 1999 it was the best stand in the league but sadly it's been outgrown. There hasn't been a lick of paint since. There is a great view, I agree but under the stand is cramped, there isn't a third enough toilet facilities, there's poles blocking the view etc.

    I agree that in an ideal world I'd love the Jodi just to get a lick of paint and a few more toilets (Even if it's down in block A) etc. Then raise the Des Kelly so it's pitch level and run the roof to cover the whole stand. Then redevelop the far end so that it keeps its current shape but there'd be a roof and modern turnstiles etc. while we maintain the carpark.

    It's just too small. 2750 home fans isn't enough. We need twice that really. If we could get Connaught Street up and running for a few hundred fans we could put the away fans there and use the shed for ourselves. But we're stuck between a rock and a hard palce with the development coming around the corner. In the last 6 months it has gone from one more year in Dalyer and two in Tolka to two more years in Dalyer and three in Tolka. I wait with bated breath tbh
    The line often used regarding the Connaught street stand is that it's condemned but whenever Bohs board members talk about it they just say it isn't safe to use and since the tv gantry is still there and in use I'm just wondering is it an access thing rather than it actually being condemned as that would make sense since the access routes in the corner that would have been the main points of access are owned by the guy that owns the shopping centre so the club can't use them and you'd hardly be allowed to keep the gantry in use at the top of a condemned stand. You'd imagine that it would be a lot easier to fix if it was just an access problem especially with the council owning the ground as they could do a deal with your man to maybe lease the necessary areas and he'd probably be more inclined to work with the council than Bohs.

    For your suggestion to raise the Des Kelly, I'd be more inclined to sink the pitch especially since an astro is what's going in apparently, that way you'd get a few extra rows in at the front and could the club potentially clear some of the overgrowth at the back of the stand and allow people in it? The jodi does need a good bit of work to it from stuff like toilets to away team facilities.
    Last edited by RathfarnhamHoop; 10/03/2019 at 5:31 PM.

Similar Threads

  1. Tallaght Stadium or Aviva Stadium for Shamrock RVS??
    By cob655 in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 204
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 1:47 PM
  2. Comparison of Irish clubs in Europe versus Scottish clubs in Europe
    By Dodge in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 324
    Last Post: 14/09/2011, 9:18 AM
  3. Stadium updates (all clubs)
    By BohsFans in forum Rubbish
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 07/06/2010, 10:07 AM
  4. EL Clubs ranked in Top 100 clubs for this Month
    By steno in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11/09/2006, 10:02 PM
  5. GAA clubs threaten judicial review on Tallaght stadium
    By paudie in forum Premier & First Divisions
    Replies: 79
    Last Post: 05/04/2006, 4:23 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •