Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 255 of 406 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355 ... LastLast
Results 5,081 to 5,100 of 8116

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    The GAA architectural philosophy of "Decent main stand,three big terraces" would suit the league quite well
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GUFCghost View Post
    The GAA architectural philosophy of "Decent main stand,three big terraces" would suit the league quite well
    The majority of the big GAA stadiums would be totally inadquate for UEFA matches.

They're all about capacity and nothing to do with spectator comfort or access/exits.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    I often thought the same on GAA grounds, a case of cram as many in as possible, no real oversight body in control, so they can build what they want / need. There can't be too many sporting organisations who built a brand new terrace (and huge one too) in the 21st century, Hill 16.

No news for a long time from Dundalk on redevelopment plans for Oriel Park, the pitch was obviously the absolute priority but it would be good to see some news of plans further ahead.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    No news for a long time from Dundalk on redevelopment plans for Oriel Park, the pitch was obviously the absolute priority but it would be good to see some news of plans further ahead.

Don't think you get the European money till after the competitions have finished, so probably waiting to see whats available before committing

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    79 Posts
    I often thought the same on GAA grounds, a case of cram as many in as possible, no real oversight body in control, so they can build what they want / need. There can't be too many sporting organisations who built a brand new terrace (and huge one too) in the 21st century, Hill 16.

Celtic built a small safe standing terrace of 4,000 spaces, only opened this season..Looking to expand it more and more each year.

All German teams have a terrace behind the goals (Dortmund the main example)

Its only because English football does not allow terraces that we don't see all the big clubs in England do it.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vinnie View Post
    Don't think you get the European money till after the competitions have finished, so probably waiting to see whats available before committing
    Yeah I think to be fair Dundalk have said previously that they had feasibility studies done on what they can do to the old ground, money talks at the end of the day so that will dictate what can be done. You're also right on the actual drawdown of the money, that takes a fair bit of time to arrive. Also I think Dundalk got some already from UEFA to help them arrange logistics during the EL run.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post
    Celtic built a small safe standing terrace of 4,000 spaces, only opened this season..Looking to expand it more and more each year.

Its only because English football does not allow terraces that we don't see all the big clubs in England do it.
    Maybe, but these are mostly the terracing rail-seat type structures that can be easily changed into seating for Euro matches. I`m pretty sure it was invented in Germany.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    649 Posts
    Yeah I think to be fair Dundalk have said previously that they had feasibility studies done on what they can do to the old ground, money talks at the end of the day so that will dictate what can be done. You're also right on the actual drawdown of the money, that takes a fair bit of time to arrive. Also I think Dundalk got some already from UEFA to help them arrange logistics during the EL run.
    The drawdown isn't until the end of the year that the competition finishes. so for all the Irish clubs in Europe last year they get the money at the end of this year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    16 Posts
    You could achieve a lot of category two requirements with one stand,after round two of qualifying it would usually be worth while switching to the aviva.

Out of interest,is Thomand Park category four?
    oh boy I'm not good at football forums

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dundalkfc10 View Post

To further on this Celtic actually have a huge waiting list for tickets in the safe standing area it does draw and reignite interest from people who wouldn't normally be happy to go and sit and watch football.
    MLS clubs that are building stadiums are including terraces and I believe Tottenham have designed one of the stands in their new ground to be easily convertible to safe standing.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I hate sitting at football matches especially when you end up standing cause people in front are standing and then there is nearly a row. So I am not surprised that the likes of Celtic have a load of people wanting tickets fr that area. It isnt much of a problem here when the issue around the league is more a lack of seating but in the long run safe standing areas should be considered in the design of new 'stands'.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    I hate sitting at football matches especially when you end up standing cause people in front are standing and then there is nearly a row. So I am not surprised that the likes of Celtic have a load of people wanting tickets fr that area. It isnt much of a problem here when the issue around the league is more a lack of seating but in the long run safe standing areas should be considered in the design of new 'stands'.
    Yeah it's a bit more expensive but it adds another dimension to the marketing of the league if targeted at the right people. I hope they consider it for the east stand in Tallaght at some point,if they do it this off season they could even save money and just move the seats to the new stand

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Posted on our forum following this evenings AGM.

New Stadium
    1.There was a structural integrity study done on current structure and it was deemed that it is still fit for purpose
    2.A meeting with the Capital sports scheme took place in February and new plans were submitted.

New structure
    Stadium to have to fully seated stands and terraced ends 5,500-6,000 capacity
    West Stand(current build) 1954 seats with admin building, changing room
    East Stand approx 2000-2500 seats
    2 x Terraced ends combined capacity of approx 1500

Above is rough guide,
    plans are currently with FAI and county board, its expect to have decision made in 6-8 weeks. When a general supporters meeting will be called and fully details plans published
    Club will need help once new plans published details of which will be announced at said meeting
    Its planned to have project complete ready for start of 2019 or 2020 season
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    1954 seats?

Nice.

Good thing Derry didn't try that one. What would they pick?
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

15. Thanks From:

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    They'd have to build different stands for each restart. Could end up with quite a big stadium that way in fairness.
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Like the Fonz. Only a dog. Mr A's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,524 Posts
    Ground move update from AGM: http://www.finnharps.com/fhfc/?p=4836
    #NeverStopNotGivingUp

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,813 Posts
    You're moving the ground now? JESUS!
    DID YOU NOTICE A SIGN OUTSIDE MY HOUSE...?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    48 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by BonnieShels View Post
    1954 seats?

Nice.

Good thing Derry didn't try that one. What would they pick?
    Am I missing something here from this post?
    So if you think Bohs are big read this. http://www.astronomy.ie/perpespective.html

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,223 Posts
    One stand with 1928 seats. Another with 1985 seats. Another with 2010 seats. And another under the ground.

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr A View Post
    They'd have to build different stands for each restart. Could end up with quite a big stadium that way in fairness.
    You think their one would be big, imagine ours

22. Thanks From: