Page 229 of 412 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329 ... LastLast
Results 4,561 to 4,580 of 8223

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Seasoned Pro
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    915 Posts
    Whatever about 11,000 seats, there's no way you'll squeeze that many trees into Phibsboro. Space was tight enough when I lived in Cabra Park!
    Hello, hello? What's going on? What's all this shouting, we'll have no trouble here!
    - E Tattsyrup.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    86 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eminence Grise View Post
    Whatever about 11,000 seats, there's no way you'll squeeze that many trees into Phibsboro. Space was tight enough when I lived in Cabra Park!
    They're not trees, they're cannabis plants

3. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    My concern about Dalymount is the proposed size of the new stands. From memory, I think the suggestion was two main stands of 4,500 each with two stands <1,000 behind the goals. This would be a terrible environment for a League of Ireland team to play football in. A good home crowd for either Bohs or Shels would still mean a half empty main stand. It would look terrible and be terrible for the atmosphere. So I'm relieved to read above that no plans are set in stone. I hope the clubs realise this and fight for more a more sensible design. Pitchside stands of 2,500, behind the goal stands of 1,500 would be my choice. 8,000 is a more sensible size than 11,000 and satisfies UEFA Cat 4 criteria.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    8.5k is the minimum for a cat4, so anything over that would suffice. Something between 8.5 and 9k should be what were aiming for. It would still probably only be filled for cup finals or European games, bitvthats a good complaint to have.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    45 Posts
    I wonder will Dunphy run naked across it when its built?
    "Now jump up there and stuff that son of a bitch in the basket, chief"

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Philosophizer View Post
    8.5k is the minimum for a cat4, so anything over that would suffice. Something between 8.5 and 9k should be what were aiming for. It would still probably only be filled for cup finals or European games, bitvthats a good complaint to have.
    It's 8,000 exactly for cat 4, and cup finals currently get 15-30k so hopefully they're not back in Dalymount

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    288 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    It's 8,000 exactly for cat 4, and cup finals currently get 15-30k so hopefully they're not back in Dalymount
    Playing in the Aviva in front of a decent crowd is a big carrot for teams. Moving it to a stadium with two LOI clubs already playing out of it would be terrible in comparison. That's why I think the FAI will do it.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    You're right. Sorry, my bad.
    Well I wouldn't ever want the fai cup final moved from the aviva unless it involved 2 teams who would have v small support, I was thinking more like league cup finals or Leinster cup finals etc

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Just reminded of the state of Dalymount last night. Can't wait for it to be knocked and rebuilt. It's a horrible place. I thought Oriel was bad but it's a shambles. It's as if even basic maintenance hasn't been carried out for 20 years. The images produced look great but 11k capacity seems on the high side but I suspect that the council are thinking about using it as a concert venue.

Youth Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    26 Posts
    What happens to Tolka Park then?

Biased against YOUR club pineapple stu's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,349 Posts
    Probably knocked and turned into houses?

Just like Ollie always wanted.

13. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    44 Posts
    Housing. As for the state of Dalymount, the Jodi stand is still good by LOI standards. Yes, the rest should be condemned.
    "If you don't work harder I'll pull you off at halftime,"
    “Crikey, at Manchester City all we get is an orange and a cup of tea,"

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    189 Posts
    The jodi is excellent by LOI standards, 2 bars too. But yes the rest is a total eyesore.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    47 Posts
    What's the story with the huge mound in the goalmouth in Dalymount? It seems to get higher every time I see it

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    Just reminded of the state of Dalymount last night. Can't wait for it to be knocked and rebuilt. It's a horrible place. I thought Oriel was bad but it's a shambles. It's as if even basic maintenance hasn't been carried out for 20 years. The images produced look great but 11k capacity seems on the high side but I suspect that the council are thinking about using it as a concert venue.
    Are you for real? Dalymount is a shadow of its former self but to say it is worse than Oriel is taking the ****. You must be getting too used to playing in the Aviva and Tallaght to remember what a kip Oriel is. We won't even start on the away end. I'd worry about getting Gerry sorted before having a pop at other stadiums.

18. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    229 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    Are you for real? Dalymount is a shadow of its former self but to say it is worse than Oriel is taking the ****. You must be getting too used to playing in the Aviva and Tallaght to remember what a kip Oriel is. We won't even start on the away end. I'd worry about getting Gerry sorted before having a pop at other stadiums.
    Apart from the Jodi it is an eyesore.That's why it's being demolished and re built.
    Oriel away end is the worst area to watch in a game in the entire league.Hopefully Dundalk use their cash for a new build, elsewhere.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Its a pity that there would be so much competition for a worst stadium award in the LOI.

While I look forward to the new Dalymount, I will miss the old stadium. I attended my first cup final there in 1977 and have retained an affection for the place ever since.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    I was in the away section of Oriel for a match last season. Apart from the Jodi it was on par with anything Dalymount has to offer. I don't know why you are so defensive of the Dalymount. 3 sides are a total kip and dangerous including no lighting in the stand we were (Des Kelly stand?) Half of it is closed off due to it being dangerous and there were a few nice big sheets of metal behind the last row of seats that were hanging off. The three sides of the ground can't be defended. As I said, it will be great when it's done up. If anyone says anything bad about it after that then you may have some defence although it will be DCC that will be responsible for the ground.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    364 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GCdfc View Post
    I was in the away section of Oriel for a match last season. Apart from the Jodi it was on par with anything Dalymount has to offer. I don't know why you are so defensive of the Dalymount. 3 sides are a total kip and dangerous including no lighting in the stand we were (Des Kelly stand?) Half of it is closed off due to it being dangerous and there were a few nice big sheets of metal behind the last row of seats that were hanging off. The three sides of the ground can't be defended. As I said, it will be great when it's done up. If anyone says anything bad about it after that then you may have some defence although it will be DCC that will be responsible for the ground.
    I just think it is a bit rich having a go at another clubs stadium when your own is even worse. Pitch, Main Stand, Away End are all inadequate at Oriel. At least the Des Kelly has a roof for away fans. Very few Supporters of LOI Clubs can rightly feel justified in criticising another side over facilities.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    I just think it is a bit rich having a go at another clubs stadium when your own is even worse. Pitch, Main Stand, Away End are all inadequate at Oriel. At least the Des Kelly has a roof for away fans. Very few Supporters of LOI Clubs can rightly feel justified in criticising another side over facilities.
    I'm not defensive about criticism of Oriel but the stand in Oriel is great.