Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 223 of 406 FirstFirst ... 123173213221222223224225233273323 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,460 of 8107

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Oriel is at its best this time of year before the Longford fans have showered it with minerals and crisps.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Having played on the Oriel park pitch just over a year ago it is an awful pitch. I have nothing against artificial pitches having played numerous football and rugby matches on them but they do need to be properly maintained and replaced at the end of their lifespans and Oriel park was/is not well maintained and has definitely come to the end of its lifespan.
    I'd be happy for them to put down a new artificial pitch but they would need to do a better job at looking after it than they have with this one.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    120 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    You would lose that argument. It is not consistent at all
    OK well my argument is that we are the best footballing team in the league whose philosophy is to play the ball on the ground. To do that you need a flat consistent surface. What's your argument and proof behind it?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    1,454 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mcgonigle View Post
    OK well my argument is that we are the best footballing team in the league whose philosophy is to play the ball on the ground. To do that you need a flat consistent surface. What's your argument and proof behind it?
    My argument is your record away is terrific and if you had a decent pitch to play on you'd be even better

This isn't about any advantage for Dundalk, it's about a disgrace of a pitch

5. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Isn't there a dedicated thread to the Oriel Park pitch?! There is nothing of an update to this conversation as evverrrything that can be said has already been said dozens of times........

Shed End.. **** off with your joe delaney stand
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Isn't there a dedicated thread to the Oriel Park pitch?! There is nothing of an update to this conversation as evverrrything that can be said has already been said dozens of times........
    http://foot.ie/threads/198735-Dundal...91#post1833391

There it is.. think everything that can be said, has been said

8. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Dodge View Post
    My argument is your record away is terrific and if you had a decent pitch to play on you'd be even better

This isn't about any advantage for Dundalk, it's about a disgrace of a pitch
    You see this is not correct, I`m not a fan of the pitch insofar I would much prefer grass, as probably most Dundalk fans would. The look of the pitch especially on tv can give it a bad look, up close its fine and has no adverse effect on a match. If it was you would see players slipping all over the place and this doesn't happen, neither is there any un-natural bounce of a ball.

Taking all into account, I would still prefer grass but I do not see this changing anytime soon given the costs of installing and replacing it.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by oriel View Post
    neither is there any un-natural bounce of a ball.
    You ruined any argument you had with this statement.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

11. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    There is no issue with a bounce, if there was, there would be no way it would have passed tests to host 5 European club games since any version of the pitch was installed.

I think this season is possibly the last year of its lifespan though.
    Last edited by oriel; 23/03/2016 at 2:58 PM.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    I thought it was noticeable even on Soccer Republic the other day when Cork were forcing Dundalk to go more direct. They were trying to pass longer along the ground but the ball was hopping up.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Any more though than a mediocre poorly maintained grass pitch after a spell of dry weather, or a sodden pitch where there is no bounce, or long grass uncut to make a passing game difficult and so on. The Dundalk pitch should be better and more consistent than what it is for what it is. The ball bobbles too much on a daisycutting pass and maybe bounces too high. But there is room for debate on whether it is that much worse for unpredictability than some other pitches. Kenny took a training session to one of the worst pitches in town at the Army Barracks prior to the Bray game and had balls pinging at the players to get used to adjusting quickly for an unexpected ball movement on a divot. So its not that the Dundalk pitch is good or bad but that is it so much worse than some others at this time of the year especially or during a dry spell in June? It definitely should be more 'true' but it was never the same after the top layer had to be replaced and most of the work was done by GM's workers supervised by the installation company rather than the installation's own men. You could see the joins for example that werent obvious after the original installation. There is a subjective element to observations as the worst ive seen was the Setanta Cup Final v Sligo in Tallaght which was as a result of exceptional weather and remedial work was required but still the game was ruined by the pitch that day unless you are a Sligo fan and it was perfect for protecting a narrow lead. Apologies for not using the other thread but it is in response to observations posted here.
    Last edited by Nesta99; 24/03/2016 at 3:12 PM.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    That was my point though, an astro surface shouldn't have the problems of a badly-maintained grass pitch. I don't really care about Dundalk's pitch or think it's a major advantage, I just think it's crap pitch and it's no surprise players hated playing on it even before you were good.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    I dont disagree really except that not all players hated it, many players home and away teams have been asked, its probably the most asked question tbh and some really detested it and some said they werent bothered by it. Im sure all if give a choice would pick grass mind. Also before we were good again Ive chosen to forget 1998-2013 bar a flash of 2002!

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    46 Posts
    St pats, bohs, sligo and bray management all said last season that the markets field pitch is the best pitch in the league.

This season cobh and roddy collins ( scouting Limerick before they played Waterford) have said the same.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    447 Posts
    Not many games played on that pitch yet to be fair.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    874 Posts
    Newly laid with time to bed in, proper drainage too probably so i'd say it will stand up to plenty of games, variety of grass is most likely durable rather than the quick growing types rushed through between seasons. Like all pitches it needs the resources to be maintained to keep it top of all the heaps though.

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    171 Posts
    Are there any plans to do more at markets field. Lovely little ground but a permanent away stand closer to the pitch would be great.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    22 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thomas72 View Post
    St pats, bohs, sligo and bray management all said last season that the markets field pitch is the best pitch in the league.

This season cobh and roddy collins ( scouting Limerick before they played Waterford) have said the same.
    So is this not correct

http://www.fai.ie/domestic/news/eamo...-the-year-2015

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    Harps definitely have the most entertaining surface, it's enthralling stuff trying to figure out how many times the ball will bobble between passes or which way it's gonna bounce......if at all.

23. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    Harps pitch is much better from last season, they got a lot of work done pre season and you could see the pitch looked
    well after a dry spell at the Rovers game.
    We are the SR the SRFC.......
    Part time Finn Harps too :)