Beecher Networks - Web Development, Hosting & Domains
Page 208 of 402 FirstFirst ... 108158198206207208209210218258308 ... LastLast
Results 4,141 to 4,160 of 8039

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    It wasnt an issue for the Malmo European game after the pitch works then. Also for a few games before we went to Gortakeegan. Its all speculative but there has to be some contingency if the pitch fails testing and the lease is up in the air. Newry Showgrounds would be my preference if we had to move for a bit. Only 10 minutes up the M1 so closest of the options.

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    It wasnt an issue for the Malmo European game after the pitch works then. Also for a few games before we went to Gortakeegan. Its all speculative but there has to be some contingency if the pitch fails testing and the lease is up in the air. Newry Showgrounds would be my preference if we had to move for a bit. Only 10 minutes up the M1 so closest of the options.
    Surely you wouldn't head into next season hoping the same pitch passes licensing?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    433 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Darwin View Post
    Surely you wouldn't head into next season hoping the same pitch passes licensing?
    The club have longer-term ambitions too, but they are complicated by a dispute over the lease on their Oriel Park ground with former owner Gerry Matthews.They cannot apply for government grants until they sort out an issue which revolves around a Youth Development Centre constructed on the site under his watch. Attempts at mediation have failed to secure an agreement.
    Back-to-back league titles have boosted the Dundalk coffers, but they know that the substantial cost of refurbishing their dated home will devour profits.
    And later this month, tests on their artificial pitch will determine what course of action is necessary in that department heading into 2016. The purchase of a hybrid pitch - which is made of synthetics and grass - is one option that is being considered.
    However, the club's hierarchy are reluctant to plough large sums of money into the venue without control of the lease. The delay could damage their prospects of hosting next year's Champions League qualifier in the town and pose larger questions.
    http://www.independent.ie/sport/socc...-34168569.html
    Cumann Peile Dún Dealgan - Champions 2015 (too many accolades to be typing)

Termonbarry Athletic TID!

4. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    It could get sticky involving the IFA themselves & the FAI haven't got the greatest relationship.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    We'll just throw in the Derry City example, especially as they have some temporary moving to do soon. They'd never be expected to move out of the city by the IFA during renovations like. Dundalk to Newry - that may seem too much like a border moving north but you never know...

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    360 Posts
    I'm hearing a new Hybrid pitch is seriously being considered for next season, and the fact that its made of synthetics and grass will mean it can be installed fairly quickly.

However the lease issue and continuing talks between the current and old owners is still a major stumbling block on improvements being made. If this can be resolved, I`d love to see the main stand extended, that would solve the away end issue in one go, a new build behind the town goal would be ideal, but even with the club enjoying something of a bonanza in income streams, all of these projects will cost huge amounts of money, and that will dictate progress like everything else.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,337 Posts
    The Hybrid pitch is fast becoming the most popular pitch to install worldwide. Lansdowne Road and Croke Park already have it as well as numerous grounds across the UK.

It's quite expensive, but it's stupidly durable if looked after properly, which should suit the winter season to a tee.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

FORMERLY: City till I Die Aaron's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    We'll just throw in the Derry City example, especially as they have some temporary moving to do soon. They'd never be expected to move out of the city by the IFA during renovations like. Dundalk to Newry - that may seem too much like a border moving north but you never know...
    ???

Anyway for our pitch to go down, my preference would be Celtic Park next to our ground, that would depend on GAA allowing us of course

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Aaron View Post
    ???

Anyway for our pitch to go down, my preference would be Celtic Park next to our ground, that would depend on GAA allowing us of course
    Any sign of the work actually happening to necessitate a move ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    It was all confirmed there about 2 weeks ago that planning was accepted and funding was obtained. They have already started work

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    ???

Eh yeah! If the riverside is not made available by the IFA or without sanction then they are forcing a Derry move Donegal direction temporarily. By the time Celtic Park is made available after a motion is made and passed voting by GAA Ard Comhairle or whatever and also navigate all the other committees then objections and appeals are heard etc etc the Brandywell could be built in to a 40,000 all-seater at the rate of Finn Park. So if Derry have to move out of the Brandywell at any time during a season to facilitate any work they have to head west or get a positive reaction from 2 of the islands most entrenched and sectarian organisations to not be forced out of Derry City for fixtures.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    It was all confirmed there about 2 weeks ago that planning was accepted and funding was obtained. They have already started work
    I know that they demolished the Glentoran Stand but have they actually started work on building anything ?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    74 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SeanDMRooney View Post
    I know that they demolished the Glentoran Stand but have they actually started work on building anything ?
    No, they are starting by demolishing the perimeter wall, put fencing up around car park now. I'm not sure what the time scale of when rest will be started, all down to contractors now i'd assume

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    71 Posts
    If there's only one Irish team at euro2016 they might start to feel magnanimous towards the poor wee Mexicans.
    Perish the thought.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    870 Posts
    There is no doubt that if RoI dont qualify it will be used by the IFA as justification that NI is relevant and rightly so I suppose. It might stem the tide of players of players defecting south not that there has been a stand out ex-NI youth being a major loss to to them in relation to the quality they add or added to us. McClean maybe, Gibson's head is all over the shop in general. Danny Kearns hasnt shown much development from his early rating. NI must be one of the top ranked teams as per head of population so credit where credit is due. To actually bring success to a demanding club like Rovers and now NI, well I initially really underestimated O'Neills move to Dublin from Brechin - easily the 2nd best managerial appointment of recent times in LoI after Stephen Kenny of course! All off topic i know.....I see that insurance is covering the cost of replacing the bocht stand at Windsor Park. Watching recent highlights of Linfield v Crues it is looking like a super little ground. Something of that size we could use here for the likes of Cup Finals of 25k attendances; If demand for extra capacity is needed move to Landsdowne. Is there any timescale on Dalymount - thinking of a Champions League Play-off next season and wouldnt like to have to head to Tallaght (when is the third stand planned for there?).

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    184 Posts
    Is there any timescale on Dalymount - thinking of a Champions League Play-off next season and wouldnt like to have to head to Tallaght (when is the third stand planned for there?).
    When the annopuncement was made about dalymount earlier this yr I remember the head of DCC said he wanted a redevelopment plan drafted by the end of this year. If that happens i'd expect redevelopment to begin some time next year.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    6 Posts
    Shamrock rvs hope to start work in 2016 and have the stand ready for use in 2017. I read it on some report the other day..

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    270 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cob655 View Post
    Shamrock rvs hope to start work in 2016 and have the stand ready for use in 2017. I read it on some report the other day..
    dont you mean SDCC.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    14 Posts
    So any progress on any of the grounds or word on when work will start for Shamrock Rovers, Derry and Harps etc
    We are the SR the SRFC.......
    Part time Finn Harps too :)

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    28 Posts
    AFAIK OUR the new stand is to be constructed in 2017.