Results 4,101 to 4,120 of 8100

Thread: Stadium Updates (All Clubs)

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    221 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    What the....?

Three of those stands are two-tiered. Are Bray looking at a 20,000 seater ground?
    Personally I think it's only a matter of time before this happens. What could possibly go wrong? And what developer pumping tens of millions into a development like this wouldn't want a midranking League of Ireland team taking up 70% of their site? Yes, sir, this is going to work out super well for Bray Wanderers!

International Prospect outspoken's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    818 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    Had heard rumours of Bray trying to sign Sean Hoare and totally dismissed it, in fact I laughed at the person who told me but the latest seems to be there will be an injection of cash and these plans would seem to tie into that, interesting times ahead for Bray perhaps
    Lots of rumours going around of a big injection in bray. Can only see it ending one way myself. Be a great novelty to watch a LOI game in a 2 tier stadium tho I must say.

International Prospect Jofspring's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    402 Posts
    Can see it already " we'll start with the apartments and finish the stadium after that" a year passes "the apartments are finished but money has dried up and we won't get around to building the rest of the ground up"

4. Thanks From:

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    8 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seand View Post
    Would love to see the cost-benefit analysis for the 30m state investment, never mind the many 20,000-30,000 capacity county grounds around the country that will be filled once a year if they're lucky
    It's actually called vote-benefit analysis.

6. Thanks From:

First Team
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    145 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Couch Potato View Post
    Had heard rumours of Bray trying to sign Sean Hoare and totally dismissed it, in fact I laughed at the person who told me but the latest seems to be there will be an injection of cash and these plans would seem to tie into that, interesting times ahead for Bray perhaps
    Wouldn't be shocked about that. Peter Cherrie and now Mick Daly both signed on 2 year contracts with them. Bray seem to be confident now they have firm cash behind them though the history of LOI clubs and property developers will tell you this will end in tears for alot of people.
    The Leinster Senior League needs a strong Bohemians

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    Wheres this "new stadium" stuff coming from? Isn't that the planned Carlisle Grounds redevelopment from years ago?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    328 Posts
    I wonder if things will get going again on the the new Finn Harps stadium, now that they are back in the big time.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    555 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    I wonder if things will get going again on the the new Finn Harps stadium, now that they are back in the big time.
    There will be even more demands on their revenue streams now. Competing in the premier division doesn't come cheap, unless they plan for a quick return to the first division.

Where will they get the money?

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    363 Posts
    Is there any date even suggested on when Harps hope to move into the new ground? Agree with WH on the finances, very expensive to put a team together to be competitive in the PD, especially after winning promotion and more so via the play off.
    #DundalkFC - First Irish club to win an away game in Europe (1963), first Irish club to win points in a group stage in Europe (2016).

Banned. Children Banned. Grandchildren Banned. 3 Months. Charlie Darwin's Avatar
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    3,368 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post
    There will be even more demands on their revenue streams now. Competing in the premier division doesn't come cheap, unless they plan for a quick return to the first division.

It's the builders who are paying for it afaik and they're broke.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by White Horse View Post

The money is already there for the new stadium. Harps haven't a penny to their name, the sale of Finn Park is paying for the new stadium along with grant money.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Reserves
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    21 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ger121 View Post
    It better be very soon as NO way in its present condition and IF the Fai implement the licence criteria will Finn Park be given a premier licence

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    0 Posts
    I love that design for a new Carlisle grounds, but not a chance of it happening. I'd love if we got a proper stand for our main stand though instead of our plastic one we have now. Having a small terraced stand behind the goal would be nice as well

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    66 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by citybone View Post
    Wouldn't be as cold as it would be totally enclosed. I beleive this would be more suitable https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pirelli_Stadium
    If it was all seated it would a great stadium for mot LOI clubs but given majority of the standing is covered terracing I don't think its too suitable. Although I think Leyton Orients ground would be a good design for Bray to follow provided they're going down the route of building apartments overlooking the stadium.

On another note I was over in Exeter during the summer and thought it'd be great if most LOI grounds were similar. I think St. James Park (Exeter City) would be a good model for the redevelopment of Dalymount. Even thou its a three sided stand stadium with a similar outlook and four stands the capacity would be 9/10k which is what most would like to see.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    873 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by nigel-harps1954 View Post
    The money is already there for the new stadium. Harps haven't a penny to their name, the sale of Finn Park is paying for the new stadium along with grant money.
    Well not unless the developer has handed over the cash already for Finn Park, which would have been very generous considering the wait for access to the site to get building; Harps hardly have the money sitting there to build the new place. The delays i'd imagine are mostly because the value of Finn Park is a fraction of what the developers tied themselves in to. If Harps are totally skint and builders contiune to stall, well a medium term strategy could be to let the new build go derelict, make sure that is the home base of the dirtbags in the area so Donegal CC decide that it is cheaper just to finish it off and get rent than to demolish and leave the site ownership et al in limbo! Or try selling Finn Park over again.....

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    11 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    Well not unless the developer has handed over the cash already for Finn Park, which would have been very generous considering the wait for access to the site to get building; Harps hardly have the money sitting there to build the new place. The delays i'd imagine are mostly because the value of Finn Park is a fraction of what the developers tied themselves in to. If Harps are totally skint and builders contiune to stall, well a medium term strategy could be to let the new build go derelict, make sure that is the home base of the dirtbags in the area so Donegal CC decide that it is cheaper just to finish it off and get rent than to demolish and leave the site ownership et al in limbo! Or try selling Finn Park over again.....

IMHO there would be zero chance of DCC stepping in to finish it there is, i suspect and i know a bit about the political landscape, zero willpower to finish it and until last night zero political downside to not finishing it. The council is also skint for money AFAIK so any comparison with SDCC and Tallaght would be way off base I would think! That being said I could be wrong I have been known to be in the past

If I'm being honest I'm worried about it because the pace of the development is frustratingly slow and what I'm afraid of is by the time that the development is started again at any pace serious remedial work will be required on what is already in place. I havent a breeze why the grant money hasnt been released in order get it going (people in the know told me they suspect its cos they havent the money to match the governments funds I dont know if this is true?) but its too the point where an obsessive like me is considering FOIing the department

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2,346 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nesta99 View Post
    We'll not get into it on a public forum, but it's best just to say the money is most certainly already there and the build is completely out of Harps hands.

I do believe that given promotion, there should be a serious amount of pressure put onto the builder to get cracking.
    https://kesslereffect.bandcamp.com/album/kepler - New music. It's not that bad.

Apprentice
    Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    2 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sulywaterfordfc View Post
    If it was all seated it would a great stadium for mot LOI clubs but given majority of the standing is covered terracing I don't think its too suitable.
    Why does it need to be an all seater stadium?
    "It's not the despair; I can handle the despair. It's the hope I can't stand." John Cleese on supporting a LOI club.

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    65 Posts
    Rumour that the Aviva is to get approximately 30 new seats (if you believe the Indo), 12 if you see the photos.
    Last edited by GCdfc; 09/11/2015 at 8:56 AM.

22. Thanks From:

Thanks Thanks Given 
    Thanks Thanks Received 
    Thanked in
    10 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by northwestexile View Post
    Why does it need to be an all seater stadium?
    Spot on!

To be honest for a LOI ground an all seater set up is not necessary, it's an expensive luxury, but if clubs want it good luck to them.... if you look at a ground like the Pirelli Stadium (Burton Albion) it's modern with decent facilities, covered stands etc. but the bulk of the capacity is terracing rather than seating. A lot of people like to stand at LOI games and there aren't issues like violence and overcrowding etc. (which lead to the demise of terraced grounds in England/Europe)
    If a club can do segregation and/or proper crowd control in the LOI, terracing is perfectly adequate especially if clubs can get complete grounds built cheaper.
    Given the choice between a seat or space in modern terrace with a roof, proper view etc. I suspect a lot of people would be happier in a terrace especially if it was cheaper than a seat.
    There's lots of standing in our league already, a lot of done in banks of crappy, brittle, damaged seats which is actually, less safe than a spot on a proper terrace with barriers...
    Last edited by SalvadorSanchez; 09/11/2015 at 9:15 AM.
    innit though??